Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

ANet compensating players

Cuz they cool like that

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...got_code_1032/

I tell you, this company has CLASS.
    Valar morghulis

Rofl. Because they are compensating for something that should have been working? That's usually called "standard fare". But yeah, keepin the standards low and being impressed by everything is the trend nowadays I guess.

in b4 they realize it's a scam mail and their passwords have been stolen
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    Rofl. Because they are compensating for something that should have been working? That's usually called "standard fare". But yeah, keepin the standards low and being impressed by everything is the trend nowadays I guess.
    Ouch. Bit harsh, ain't it?

That's about a free $20 upgrade. To folks who already paid for a game that doesn't have a subscription fee. I'd call that good form.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

Because other gaming companies regularly gift customers who deal with issues too, right? How about that Blizzard rewarding people when D3 was barely playable for a while when it launched? Or how the Elite service for CoD was down for months but players weren't compensated by Activision?

If you're going to be bitter about something positive, go do it elsewhere.

I'm glad to see ArenaNet compensating players. Sad to see the mistakes in the first place, but at least they're doing something to make up for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWerebison View Post
    Ouch. Bit harsh, ain't it?

That's about a free $20 upgrade. To folks who already paid for a game that doesn't have a subscription fee. I'd call that good form.
    If people didn't buy it as collectors edition in the first place... Very low number of ppl would have upgraded their account later so it's not that Anet loses a lot of money. + they gain customer goodwill which is a tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    If people didn't buy it as collectors edition in the first place... Very low number of ppl would have upgraded their account later so it's not that Anet loses a lot of money. + they gain customer goodwill which is a tactic.
    Damn them for making customers happy. Those crafty sonsofwhores. :P

Deleted
    Damn them for making customers happy. Those crafty sonsofwhores. :P
    You know how Valve hands out Tf2 for free + free updates for it for free yet they profit from it?

Wasn't able to log in the first two days of headstart. Received nothing \o/
    Playing from EU. Not sure if we get anything

Why the fuck is everyone jumping on me about Blizzard. Are you kids on crack? I don't even understand how you go from "companies compensating is the norm" to "MAN BLIZZARD IS THE BEST COMPANY EVER" never even fucking said that.

My fan broke after turning it on and the company that made it gave me a new one. Did I give them a blowjob? No, I expected it.

That's about a free $20 upgrade.
    No, it's not, unless they would have paid for it, which they didn't in the first place. It's like those saying "we had lost 5 billion dollars because of the software piracy", but they don't comprehend that for example none of those who use a pirate 1000 dollars Photoshop would have actually ever bought it. If there were no piracy possible, they would have used that crap GIMP thing and Adobe would not have 1 extra billion dollars anyway

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Because other gaming companies regularly gift customers who deal with issues too, right? How about that Blizzard rewarding people when D3 was barely playable for a while when it launched? Or how the Elite service for CoD was down for months but players weren't compensated by Activision?

If you're going to be bitter about something positive, go do it elsewhere.

I'm glad to see ArenaNet compensating players. Sad to see the mistakes in the first place, but at least they're doing something to make up for it.
    And sorry, I wasn't bitter about anything. I just said it's not "class". It's the norm. Reading goes a long way.

Why the fuck is everyone jumping on me about Blizzard. Are you kids on crack? I don't even understand how you go from "companies compensating is the norm" to "MAN BLIZZARD IS THE BEST COMPANY EVER" never even fucking said that.

My fan broke after turning it on and the company that made it gave me a new one. Did I give them a blowjob? No, I expected it.
    Because of your original post and how you came across.

Deleted
    I didn't get shit, so /care

Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    You know how Valve hands out Tf2 for free + free updates for it for free yet they profit from it?
    Oh yeah, I'm not saying it doesn't profit them at all. I'm just saying, it's nice to get that upgrade from a normal version to a deluxe.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Because of your original post and how you came across.
    Yeah, what about my original post? Go ahead, quote it and let me know where you got Blizzard from it.

Deleted
    You are bashing for the sake of bashing geez, i've seen farrrrr worse releases than gw2 and they never gave any kind of compesation.

Yeah, what about my original post? Go ahead, quote it and let me know where you got Blizzard from it.
    Blizzard? What are you talking about? I'm quoting your original comment because how you came across in your post.

Deleted

Because they try to find a way to debunk your arguments by accusing you of being some kind of Blizzard fanboy, but they only assume that. Of course, that only makes them look like fanboys themselves.

Dare to criticize this game and you will always get childish remarks like "go back to your Pandas", "no problem, World of Pokemon will be released soon", or "go and kill 10 boars". Nonsense like this can be applied to everything. For instance, GW2 has kitties in it, you cook chilly peppers and gather onions.

Quote Originally Posted by xizzu View Post
    You are bashing for the sake of bashing geez, i've seen farrrrr worse releases than gw2 and they never gave any kind of compesation.
    I'm sorry, I forgot that calling people out on certain praises due to unnecessarily low standards of companies handling their customer support is considered bashing.