Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reucht View Post
    Haters will hate.

Amazing how the mudflinging continues even when Anet is trying their very best to keep everyone happy.

- They stopped digital sales to guarantee a good experience for those already playing.
    - Refunded for missing headstarts.
    - Were forgiving for exploiters/botters in their first steps in the game to show people that they won't tolerate abuse and they will ramp up on the punishments.

But still, whine, whine and whine. And the counter arguments get thinner and thinner, really. "That's what they're supposed to do!", "What about a warning that you can't exploit?!", "How about patch notes on the launcher!". Really, fuck that, they have more important issues to deal with.

"I paid 60 dollars, they should make the game exactly how I want it and should prioritize what I want them to prioritize!"

Self-centered, spoilt brats.
    What about a warning that it actually is an exploit?
    No one said anything about patch notes on the launcher.
    72 hour suspension is hardly forgiving to those ignorant of it being a bug/exploit.

None of these counter arguments make anyone self-centered, nor spoiled for that matter. None of this makes them a bad company, just doesn't make them worthy of the praise they have been receiving.

10+ Year Old Account
    wow >gw2. lock thread.

This kind of post adds nothing to the discussion and only serves as flamebait. Please post productively. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-09-07 at 01:56 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    "Greedy companies" don't exist. Or actually, to be fair, all companies are "greedy". They exist to make money, if you consider that greedy then yeah, all companies are.

If, for example, Blizzard believes that they'll make a loss if they give out Lil' XT to everyone who had the Remote Chat (if they thought a lot of them would buy the pet anyway, and that nobody would complain/quit/not recommend the game to others), they wouldn't.
    If, for example, ArenaNet believes that they'll make a loss if they compensate people who couldn't log in during the headstart (if, again, they thought a lot of them would remain just as happy and not complain/not quit/recommend it to others), they wouldn't do it.

They do it to make money. It's as simple as that.
    Quoting myself because people need to understand this. ArenaNet isn't better than Blizzard. Blizzard isn't better than ArenaNet. They both try to make money.

That is IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Quacko View Post
    72 hour suspension is hardly forgiving to those ignorant of it being a bug/exploit.

None of these counter arguments make anyone self-centered, nor spoiled for that matter. None of this makes them a bad company, just doesn't make them worthy of the praise they have been receiving.
    People did say something about patch notes on the launcher, it just wasn't this thread. 72 hours is forgiving for botting, not for ignorance, yet they probably would think twice the next time they see something fishy.

It doesn't make them a bad company, no. Would it be nice to post something positive on the internet? They really do it a lot better than other gaming companies, yet saying something good about GW2/Anet attracts trolls/depressed emo's like flies to a turd.

People did say something about patch notes on the launcher, it just wasn't this thread. 72 hours is forgiving for botting, not for ignorance, yet they probably would think twice the next time they see something fishy.

It doesn't make them a bad company, no. Would it be nice to post something positive on the internet? They really do it a lot better than other gaming companies, yet saying something good about GW2/Anet attracts trolls/depressed emo's like flies to a turd.
    I lol'd. The line about them doing it a lot better than other gaming companies is where the issue lies. They do not, no one company does this better than the last (for those that do engage in this sort of charity). I think they came up with a fun game that I enjoy playing, but there isn't really anything amazing about it (imo).

I lol'd. The line about them doing it a lot better than other gaming companies is where the issue lies. They do not, no one company does this better than the last (for those that do engage in this sort of charity). I think they came up with a fun game that I enjoy playing, but there isn't really anything amazing about it (imo).
    They do what they're supposed to do, keep their customers happy, I agree with that. Don't you think some praise from the online community would motivate other companies to do the same? Or do you want to keep getting buttfucked by the other gaming companies?

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Because other gaming companies regularly gift customers who deal with issues too, right? How about that Blizzard rewarding people when D3 was barely playable for a while when it launched? Or how the Elite service for CoD was down for months but players weren't compensated by Activision?

If you're going to be bitter about something positive, go do it elsewhere.

I'm glad to see ArenaNet compensating players. Sad to see the mistakes in the first place, but at least they're doing something to make up for it.
    phan boi of gw2 much?

10+ Year Old Account

72 hours suspension is a pretty harsh punishment, but IMO, it's good that they've set an example that bug exploiting will get you banned.

Also, iirc to get a 72 hour ban, you had to buy at least 40 of these items.That's a lot of items to buy, why would you immediately buy 40 items if you didn't know it was a bug that would get fixed?.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    Wow, that's really nice of them. I doubt many companies would have given more then a "sorry" message.

Deleted
    double post, sorry :/

---------- Post added 2012-09-07 at 09:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Wow, that's really nice of them. I doubt many companies would have given more then a "sorry" message.
    All we got from blizzard for the d3 launch fiasco was a retarted open letter from mike, which in the end pissed off more players.

---------- Post added 2012-09-07 at 09:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wdh1974 View Post
    nothing to see here, GW2 will go the way of SWTOR, just as with that game it was the next coming, not its dead. Gw2 under its pretty little table cloth lies a dirty old broken table.

with all its weird server lag and broken most things, it wont take long before the new shiny is gone. and will everyone saying GW2 does it different please stfu lol, its the same re-hashed shit Ive been playing for 12 years...
    Yeah it will lose about 30 million subs in 6 months, I knwo trust i've been playing games since Amiga 500!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    Rofl. Because they are compensating for something that should have been working? That's usually called "standard fare". But yeah, keepin the standards low and being impressed by everything is the trend nowadays I guess.
    QFT

There are many people who had the issue who are not getting the "upgrade" and what of those who have the DD? There were quite a few I know of who did not get to play for much of Saturday but I don't see anything done about the overall downtime during the head start.

What about having a gem sale for those who had to watch a whole week go by without the AH? Oh, or does that one not count?
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

huh, so tell me... did you get any compensation for not being able to play on release day of d3? i dont think so
    There's a difference, D3 didn't have a version with early special access. Do normal GW2 accounts that can't play (because of login issues for example) get compensated?

I really wish every thread didnt turn into GW2 vs WoW.

I PAID for Digital Deluxe and still don't have my Mistfire Wolf (I'm level 65 now...) so idk what's up.

Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    Because they try to find a way to debunk your arguments by accusing you of being some kind of Blizzard fanboy, but they only assume that. Of course, that only makes them look like fanboys themselves.

Dare to criticize this game and you will always get childish remarks like "go back to your Pandas", "no problem, World of Pokemon will be released soon", or "go and kill 10 boars". Nonsense like this can be applied to everything. For instance, GW2 has kitties in it, you cook chilly peppers and gather onions.
    This is true x1000, sad sad.

On topic, I didn't get any compensation nor have I been expecting it or find it to be the work of angels. I've been refunded by many companies when they've failed to deliver, INCLUDING the company that shall not be named. I don't consider problems on the release day of major content/completely new games to be something I NEED refunds for though.

Oh, and you forgot that you become a pig and search for truffles for frog men. I loved that quest myself but I don't fool myself into thinking that it's less childish and silly than anything found in other 12+ games.

---------- Post added 2012-09-07 at 10:44 AM ----------

They do what they're supposed to do, keep their customers happy, I agree with that. Don't you think some praise from the online community would motivate other companies to do the same? Or do you want to keep getting buttfucked by the other gaming companies?
    I can only imagine a VERY weak person who feels that he/she is getting "buttfucked" by gaming companies...it's not like someone's holding a gun to our heads and FORCING us to play their games.

The amount of whinging in GW2 /map chat just tells me that some players are self-entitled brats who will never be happy and will never be able to expect issues on launch days. Anet compensating some of them won't do diddly squat, the whinging will continue.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2012-09-07 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I can only imagine a VERY weak person who feels that he/she is getting "buttfucked" by gaming companies...it's not like someone's holding a gun to our heads and FORCING us to play their games.

The amount of whinging in GW2 /map chat just tells me that some players are self-entitled brats who will never be happy and will never be able to expect issues on launch days. Anet compensating some of them won't do diddly squat, the whinging will continue.
    You misinterpreted my post I think. I was talking in extremes because that's the only thing most people here seem to understand.

Some people do get buttfucked by game companies though, my personal experiences were okay. But others didn't know beforehand they would get buttfucked until the massive dildo was shoved up their ass. My friend couldn't activate his account on Origin for months, that's how rape starts. Seriously.

I think Anet deserves some praise to show them we appreciate their efforts, that's all I meant with my posts. Negativity is plentiful, it's refreshing to say something nice once and a while.

Deleted
    My fan broke after turning it on and the company that made it gave me a new one. Did I give them a blowjob? No, I expected it.
    But the game wasn't irreparably broken - it was just unplayable for a short while...so comparing a broken fan that needed to be replaced to an online service that was down for a few hours isn't really a very good argument now is it?

Rofl. Because they are compensating for something that should have been working? That's usually called "standard fare". But yeah, keepin the standards low and being impressed by everything is the trend nowadays I guess.
    Year we all remember how blizzard gave 20 euro balance to people who couldn't play because of Error 37... wait wat?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Year we all remember how blizzard gave 20 euro balance to people who couldn't play because of Error 37... wait wat?
    They gave you another free month of D3. Don't you remember? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Lol the amount if disgruntled gamer in this post is amazing. Hey a company stands by its player base it deserves some props if only to show that people are watching and care. If all you ever do is complain when issues arise and never applaud good behavior then you have issues. Sure we must be vigilant as consumers and call companies out when they slip up but that doesnt mean you have to get so bitter and entitled that you can't recognize good behavior as well.

Dish out criticism and praise when warranted. But I know its way more cool these days to bash absolutely everything so go on being all disgruntled if it makes you feel that much better about yourself.