Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GodTier View Post
    Rets, shaman and monks can all be healers so even knowing that you will be playing against those classes it won't matter.
    Last time I played beta (few days before 5.0 release) you would see the spec of the players you're facing before the game starts, in addition to what classes of course. This might've changed though?

unless you have a frost mage you wont be doing well as 3dps, at least not in the first season of mop.

and yes, you can see which player is what spec in the arena. you cant respec in arena anymore, but you can change "talents", which will bring the flavor to the fight.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wakarimas View Post
    Playing triple dps or fotm-comps like RLS (s11) is about the same level of respect from me. The only players who get my respect are those
    who take broken classes/specs and make them work in high end arenas. Other comps are just business as usual and nothing special.
    this is why cottage is my hero
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    this is why cottage is my hero
    Exactly. Genuinly great players like cottage for instance are the people that deserve the real respect. Not players facerolling with op comps/classes.

enhance ret spriest.

is it triple dps?

is it triple healer?
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    Triple dps is played by scumbags and you should not try it as no one will respect you.
    With all the faceroll, OP comps lately (LSX teams) calling anyone running trip dps a scumbag is complete bigotry.

---------- Post added 2012-09-08 at 11:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chronicline View Post
    enhance ret spriest.

is it triple dps?

is it triple healer?
    Sounds like a strong comp, 2 offensive dispels, one defensive dispel, insane healing and good damage.

nothing its a fag set up shouldn't be allowed to queue 3s as triple dps

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    you say this like spicy chicken cleave, fireMLS, LSD2 and RLS are not scummy.

in other news i'm thinking of experimenting with ret/dk/windwalker!
    LSD2 is a scumbag comp? i guess you are a time traveler from season 9. its been well nerfed since then. and please, please elaborate on how spicy chicken cleave is as braindead as triple dps. maybe you play vanguards and are unhappy that theres at least one comp in the game that counters your bullshit?

Quote Originally Posted by crunk View Post
    LSD2 is a scumbag comp? i guess you are a time traveler from season 9. its been well nerfed since then. and please, please elaborate on how spicy chicken cleave is as braindead as triple dps. maybe you play vanguards and are unhappy that theres at least one comp in the game that counters your bullshit?
    spicy chicken can win with tab dot and tunnel cc @ healer providing you had good gear...

Quote Originally Posted by stickyjam View Post
    spicy chicken can win with tab dot and tunnel cc @ healer providing you had good gear...
    lol that doesnt work so great with healers that know how to los and dispel. moonkin is squishy as fuck and the comp provides no dispel protection. if SCC lands a big titty combust on your team its no fault but your healer's. dont get me wrong its a good comp with some dirty tricks, but its not on the order of triple dps which is what kosechi was implying
    Last edited by crunk; 2012-09-09 at 12:01 PM.

Deleted
    lol that doesnt work so great with healers that know how to los and dispel. moonkin is squishy as fuck and the comp provides no dispel protection. if SCC lands a big titty combust on your team its no fault but your healer's. dont get me wrong its a good comp with some dirty tricks, but its not on the order of triple dps which is what kosechi was implying
    Both spicy chicken cleave and lsd2 involves on just dotting up everyone with a bit cc now and then, which makes those comps very easy. Which makes them even better is ua and fire mages ignite which works almost as a dispel protection. Anyway, those comps are not nearly as good as triple dps but they are very good and easy comps.

Quote Originally Posted by VelmuVeera View Post
    Both spicy chicken cleave and lsd2 involves on just dotting up everyone with a bit cc now and then, which makes those comps very easy. Which makes them even better is ua and fire mages ignite which works almost as a dispel protection. Anyway, those comps are not nearly as good as triple dps but they are very good and easy comps.
    i see your point but in reality you can make these statements about every viable comp. vanguards? pop all cooldowns and kill the healer, very easy. rls? just interrupt everything and jokebomb/dance, very easy. rmp? bomb, shatter, dance, easy - and it just goes on like that. i guess junglecleave and WLS requires some decent skill but after you get to 1800 wow arena is a 3 step process

1. find a cheesy comp
    2. pick a target and chain cc it
    3. 3v2 your way to victory

wow pvp is pretty damn easy, and triple dps is just the king of the gay guy stuff.
    Last edited by crunk; 2012-09-09 at 12:30 PM.

Ret Enhance Boomkin.
    Thou Shall Not Die!

frost mage/ rogue/ boomkin
    aff lock/ frost mage/ ele shamman
    hunter/ Feral druid/ ehn shamman
    mage / mage/ rogue
    shadow priest/ mage / mage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wakarimas View Post
    Playing triple dps or fotm-comps like RLS (s11) is about the same level of respect from me. The only players who get my respect are those
    who take broken classes/specs and make them work in high end arenas. Other comps are just business as usual and nothing special.
    That's a little pathetic honestly. The best players will always abuse what is the best comp or system. This doesn't make them "Bad" or "Scumbags" as some other people put it. These players are actually the true heroes who have to be constantly abused and told by idiots that they are "FOTM rollers." These players actually want to win and not sit in a corner and cry about how bad his class is. They adapt and in that regard I can respect FOTM rollers for adapting to so many classes in the smallest time they have to learn them while the dedicated fool spends 7 years playing one class and still can't win.

Nobody is going to remember that one resto druid who tried so hard to push gladiator or the Warrior who just missed glad by 10 points. People will remember the Rogues who did made it to rank 1 or gladiator. Of course today its that people are going to devalue those Rogues because of their superiority during Season 11 but during Season 14 no one is going to really care about it anymore. You also have to remember that these Rogues had to compete with other Rogues for the spot.

The point I'm trying to make is that I really don't understand what goes through the minds of people playing something COMPETITIVELY that they know is underpowered. Sometimes I think its ego or the hipster mentality or even and unwillingness to adapt. But I think the main reason is due to fear of playing something better and being hated on by the community. Just imagine if Hoodrych decided to play a Rogue during season 11 to make gladiator. People who've followed him would go ape shit on him and name him an "FOTM roller." Other players at his level would also not "Respect him" anymore for no longer played a Warrior (Which really means he wasn't a free win anymore.)

And yes I do respect people who play triple dps. Not for their actual skill of the field but for their unwavering courage against hordes and hordes of crybabies who lose to them and call them "Scum."

I suggest some of you in here read this article. It may apply to you. http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playi...in-part-1.html

i see your point but in reality you can make these statements about every viable comp. vanguards? pop all cooldowns and kill the healer, very easy. rls? just interrupt everything and jokebomb/dance, very easy. rmp? bomb, shatter, dance, easy - and it just goes on like that. i guess junglecleave and WLS requires some decent skill but after you get to 1800 wow arena is a 3 step process

1. find a cheesy comp
    2. pick a target and chain cc it
    3. 3v2 your way to victory

wow pvp is pretty damn easy, and triple dps is just the king of the gay guy stuff.
    funny. i play a variation on vanguards every season ( ret/dk/shaman) you swap targets a fair amount to force cooldowns, the majority of the pressure in the comp is from the dk, not the ret.

all those caster dotcleaves and drain comps this seasons. like LSD2, spicey chicken cleave? they were the real scum this season. tab targeting instant cast dots is not skillful.

the amount of high rated mages with pve gear i saw this season do all kind of stupid stuff like sheeping into lichbornes or CSing into bubbles was absolutely astounding.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by hellcat1991 View Post
    nothing its a fag set up shouldn't be allowed to queue 3s as triple dps
    Someone sounds butthurt...

OT: Id say feral druid, spriest & frost mage
    "If the people who are trying to destroy this world aren't taking a day off, then why should I?"

-Bob Marley

10+ Year Old Account
    You are bringing up season 9....Do you even know what LSD 2.0 is?
    Last edited by Freia; 2012-09-18 at 06:41 PM.

Deleted
    3x BM hunter. CC 2 targets and pop BW on the non-cc'd target.

I might do arenas again, haven't done them since tbc but whatever comp is going to be better for winning is the one you should take. Wins speak more then losing because you wanted to be a rebel. If you can win on a consistent level by going against the "norm" then it could be said that the assumed beliefs about certain comps being better is wrong or? just my 2 cents.