10 14.08%
  • Mesmer

6 8.45%
  • Engineer

8 11.27%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love my ranger, alone or in a group. But he definitely feels better while soloing than my guardian does.

Deleted
    mesmer.

Oi, mob, why you attacking my clones...nope thats not me either...nor that one....try again.....

Or when you see a warrior or elementallist running from a big bad champion mob whos just kicked their arse and you solo it infront of them effortlessly as it chases round after your illusions. Or being able to take on huge packs of mobs with impunity. mesmers player properly rule and are so much fun its silly, probably as no other class in any MMO I've played play like they do.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ranger with a greatsword sounds like it could be fun for you, OP.

You get:
    A 1,000 range charge...which is an insanely long distance.
    Maul has a really cool animation, puts on a bleed and does decent damage.
    A riposte that will block an incoming attack and kick the mob backward...OR...you can throw your sword and cripple them.
    An interrupt (or stun if you hit them from behind).
    Also, your auto attack automatically evades on every third swing.

You can also get a movement speed increase from Signet of the Hunt. Couple the greatsword with a longbow and you have a pretty potent combo for chewing thru content. This is not to mention all the fun stuff you can skill/trait for.

My main is a warrior and I also HATED hunters in WoW so I never thought I'd enjoy a ranger but its a pretty fun class.

To some of the folks who have posted already,
    Seriously, stop attacking people for asking stuff. Go back to guildwars2guru if you want to act like an ass towards people. I don't see any harm in him asking and he put qualifiers in there that kind of ruled out a few classes (or weapon combos).
    Last edited by Rooflesstoofless; 2012-09-07 at 04:16 PM.

It's really personal preference. I personally find necro to be the most fun / interesting to play, rangers probably the most effective at the whole 'killing machine' thing. Guardian can be fun as well. For pure soloing, I'd probably say ranger.

YMMV

edit: after reading your post a bit more, I'd lean even more towards ranger for you... do a melee + warhorn / ranged weapon combo, and signet for speed plus use the warhorn 25+ speed buff, which is on a pretty short CD, and you can get around rather quickly.
    Last edited by melodramocracy; 2012-09-07 at 04:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthilas View Post
    You guys are kind of crucifying the OP here, he was just inquiring as to our thoughts.
    Personally, I absolutely love my dagger/dagger elementalist. Incredibly squishy though so you need to be careful.

Yes Dagger Dagger is fun, hell of a lot of combo fields and finshers if you attunement dance, and also very very fast with air buffs and ride the lightning. very easy to mess it up and get pounded though, so takes a bit of finesse to pull off well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherkkan View Post
    Im just curious what you guys think the most fun profession is when it comes to solo leveling (and only that, not interested in pvp, dungeons etc)

My main is warrior , so now searching to create an alt to have most fun while leveling

Things i personally enjoy while leveling :
    - Beeing fast. For example i know thief has a +25% movement signet, not sure about the rest. Also having swiftness available as an utility skill and not on a weapon (like warrior, which i dont like >.<) would be sweet
    - Burst. Beeing able to fast kill mobs and feel powerfull makes me have fun. Taking ages to kill a normal doesnt lol
    - AOE and/or Range. Having at least one weapon with good aoe and/or range is cool
    - Survivability. Dying aint fun:P

PS: If you could also mention the weapon combo you using while leveling would be great as it makes quite a big difference . Thanks
    Couple of mistakes there.

The Thief signet is +10%, and they don't have Swiftness on a utility skill - Quickness is not Swiftness. They CAN trait to get Swiftness on dodge, but that should be used to make dodging better, not to just run faster.

I personally voted for both Guardian and Ranger. Guardian, because it's extremely powerful solo all around. They aren't necessarily fast, but they don't need to be. They're basically tanks (and I mean like the giant war machine, not tank like the holy trinity). They can mow through packs of mobs with the Greatsword, and take quite a beating with their heavy armor (and their self-healing). I traited into the Vitality tree first, and crafted mostly Power gear for myself, and I have been a real soloing machine (okay, so I'm technically going duo with my girlfriend, but I can handle myself solo exceedingly well, much to her ire).
    A Warrior does NOT compare to the solo power of a Guardian. Warriors are, imo, squishier, and much less bursty (not counting Hundred Blades, which is over-rated) - marginally, of course. I could just be playing Warrior wrong, but I'm just sharing my personal experience.

I voted Ranger in addition to that, because of the pet, the incredible range they can have (Longbow, kill targets without them ever reaching you! Longbow also has GREAT AoE), and because they're one of the most mobile professions there are, besides the Thief. They do have a signet that increases movement speed by 10%, so you'll like that, but they have all sorts of nifty soloing tools. Their Healing Spring #6 also offers some incredibly powerful self-healing, when you consider the combo field it puts down. I've been through many fights that I wouldn't have survived (I often bite off more than I can chew, personal flaw!) if it weren't for my girlfriend's Healing Well supporting me, so I can vouch for just how incredibly powerful it really is.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-09-07 at 07:06 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    With three kids underfoot I tend to solo a lot because I don't know how much I'll actually be able to play even when I'm logged in. I've tried a variety of classes and the only one that's really sung to me, so far, has been the Warrior. The variety of weapons, the heavy armor, that huge critical buff boost you can get in the 20's and 30's. Been a lot of fun for me.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    With three kids underfoot I tend to solo a lot because I don't know how much I'll actually be able to play even when I'm logged in. I've tried a variety of classes and the only one that's really sung to me, so far, has been the Warrior. The variety of weapons, the heavy armor, that huge critical buff boost you can get in the 20's and 30's. Been a lot of fun for me.
    You know if you put your foot down once and a while, you tend to have less issues. Metaphorically, and literally in your situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    You know if you put your foot down once and a while, you tend to have less issues. Metaphorically, and literally in your situation.
    The three little horsemen are just to fast for me to catch most of the time.

I would say four but they eat so damn much that there is no way famine is involved.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.