Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    I disagree, it may not have made ppl quit right away. Ppl were on a ICC hangover and when Cata wasn't the best thing since the wheel they quit. ICC left a sour taste in ppls mouth that Cata just couldn't wash out.

---------- Post added 2012-09-24 at 11:10 PM ----------

I can say this I saw some youtube videos of the RWZ group I ran with yesterday and I almost reactivated my account. Sadly there just isn't enough time in the day and too many conflicting times. If wed 7pm to 10 wasnt so damn popular for everything it might be doable.
    ICC was good enough to make people come back and give cata a go, sadly SWToR had never had anythign that compares to Cata (or wotlk) sales. They should be trying at least as hard as Rift, which they clearly are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    I disagree, it may not have made ppl quit right away. Ppl were on a ICC hangover and when Cata wasn't the best thing since the wheel they quit. ICC left a sour taste in ppls mouth that Cata just couldn't wash out.
    I think that you're giving ICC a little too much credit here. The reason people quit was because Cata wasn't great, not because ICC was around for forever. I mean, how many guilds had taken out LK on H10? How many had taken him out on H25? Not a lot. Certainly not even close to the number who have taken down H DS. I'm sure that some people got burned out, but even during the content lull between ICC and Cata, you saw an increase in subs. That has to say something.

10+ Year Old Account
    ​Keep in mind that this thread is about SWTOR, and not WoW. Just a reminder!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's "the day," though I didn't buy it. Anyone noticing a difference population wise?
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Well it's "the day," though I didn't buy it. Anyone noticing a difference population wise?
    Nope. Multiple fleets all day. Planets are still full.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I don't know about TOR, but on Rift, I saw an increase in player activity on my realm.

I didnt't even see anyone talking about WoW and republic fleet had almost 2 full instances.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    I don't know about TOR, but on Rift, I saw an increase in player activity on my realm.
    because the people who currently play SW:tOR and Rift are the ones who want to play those games. I just left WoW. Wife and I NOT going to play. Our AP runs out in about a month. I uninstalled the other day, she is still clearing out our gbanks on two servers through the AH, and once that is done, she will uninstall as well. We may go back one day ... but, for now, we LOVE SW:tOR, Tera, and would go back to Rift before WoW ... because we don't like the bureaucracy WoW has become. They are so large, once they do something, they have a hard time stopping and turning around. They aren't dedicating the resources to major changes such as CRZ like they should, or handling the massive negativity some realms experienced, especially ones that ended up dedicated to communities that get a lot of hate outside of it (read the Proudmore complaint, they had a LBGT based community, and now they are dealing with a TON of harassment, they didn't have prior), or just ruined the experience THEY were willing to pay for. Not to mention they claim 'scenarios are for story telling' but they put no effort to tell a story, or infuse it with the lore it is based around.

SW is nice. I've seen a few people trolling, saying the game sucks because they don't have dual spec, and any comment about 'repseccing isn't difficult, and its cost isn't bad considering how easy it is to earn credits' just gets 'your argument is illogical fallacy' ... and NOTHING else. Who knows why they pay 15/mo to talk shit ... must be really bored. I know when I didn't like how SW customer service treated me, my wife and I unsubbed, and we asked questions before resubbing, and was treated with respect, so we gave it another shot and are very happy we did.

People should play what they like, and I'm happy that nearly all the current SW and Tera communities do enjoy the game, despite minor bugs or inconveniences.

F2P scares me. I don't want to lose the community to a bunch of trolls who log in just because it is free. That goes for if Tera ever goes F2P as well. Let the trolls stay in the bloated game please.

Quote Originally Posted by zeropeorth View Post
    F2P scares me. I don't want to lose the community to a bunch of trolls who log in just because it is free. That goes for if Tera ever goes F2P as well. Let the trolls stay in the bloated game please.
    I'm hoping general/trade chat is a limited feature for subscribers to combat this. I, too, never understood why people talk shit about SWtOR while they're sitting on the fleet. Don't like it, don't pay to play it.

And I'm very glad BW actually took steps to combat low populations without waving a paid option in our faces and basically saying "deal with it or give me $25 per toon." $5 I could deal with, $25 is just ridiculous when you already have steep entrance fees and a paid sub.

Eh. The trolls only stick around for the launch then get bored very quickly. To top it off, they RARELY make it past the low levels, so you never really have to deal with them if you hit max level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Eh. The trolls only stick around for the launch then get bored very quickly. To top it off, they RARELY make it past the low levels, so you never really have to deal with them if you hit max level.
    Except you get to fleet at level 10 Anyways, trolls will be trolls. Ignore list exists for a reason!

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Except you get to fleet at level 10 Anyways, trolls will be trolls. Ignore list exists for a reason!
    Yeah. There are also a lot of ways to prevent that kind of trolling on the part of BioWare. It makes things a bit more restrictive but can be totally worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Yeah, I noticed the trolling in LoTRO wasn't too bad about 6 months after F2P hit. Usually you get a good amount of trolling at the beginning which will eventually trail off to being very limited. Be prepared to turn off general and/or trade for a while.

Deleted
    hmm i beleive that is true

Deleted
    I agree I am also a litle concerned about how ftp will affect the community and hope there isn't an influx of trolls and wasters.
    However on the flip side I hope the existing community don't tar all ftp new comers with the same brush but are welcoming and helpful to those who may have little or no experience of MMOs but genuinely want to learn and enjoy the game. I fear there may be a defensive over-reaction (or dare I say it...even an elitist attitude) by some sections of the existing community towards any new ftp players.

I believe SW:TOR's population has largely stabilized. This doesn't mean that there won't be more people leaving, but unless BioWare really screws up, I can't see the population dropping off a cliff.

Well its a few days after, and there has been zero noticeable change in the population on my server. If anything there was a BIG increase with 1.4.

Wow won't pull much from other games anymore, the only time wow crushed other games was during burning crusade when blizzard made games for gamers still. Burning crusade admittedly was my crack, was totally addicted, it's a good thing they dumbed down wow like they did otherwise I would still be trying to juggle a full time job, excersise, family and raid leading.

I would of loved to have seen SWTOR follow the BC endgame raiding model, linear progress with more content instead of making a brain dead, normal and nightmare modes. These easy modes just kill the epicness of true content progression. I loved SWTOR until endgame and then I realised it copied the same failed raiding model wow has now.

Once their F2P model launches I'm sure SWTOR will see a large increase in a number of players. Me being one of them. I refuse to pay for 2 subscription but once SWTOR is f2p I'll be on the game a lot. It seems pretty fun. And I'm a HUGE star wars fan.

i hate to bump a thread so i hope im not doing this. but i jus wanted to say swtor is a decent game but they are new to the customer support business and they dont know where to focus their efforts.. hackers were ruining pvp matches at this time... when i tried reporting a hacker or 2 in a hutball game i gave the GM the characters name and server.. and the gm couldnt even find him.. i pointed him out twice and they still couldnt figure it out. then later i got a warning for using bad language cuz i yelled at some downies for being bad in a game.. the lore isnt bad either.. i mean the games fun they just need to fix things.. maybe change the pvp bracket as well like 10-19 20-29 30-39 40-49 and 50 so pvp wouldnt be so imbalanced.

i might play swtor when its free again.. who knows.