Help: Character creation gear

Hi all,

I had a question:

When you create a new character, you have some very nice high level gear on you.
    Can anyone tell me what gear that is, how you get it (buy, dungeons, pvp ...) and how easy it is to get?

Any information would be appreciated.

But remember that the gear preview for warrior looks the same whether you are human or norm or charm, so I doubt it is the cultural gear (but I may be wrong).
    It seems to be profession specific, but not race specific ...

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by implicationmmo; 2012-09-07 at 08:30 PM.

Deleted
    they're cultural armor I think.

you can buy them with gold in the city of your race

Deleted
    Some of them are cultural armors(race spesific) not all of them are even high level (at least human ranger has ~lvl30 armor).

Also notice that armor is divided into three levels; light, medium, and heavy. Each profession can only wear one level of armor:
    - Scholars wear light armor (Elementalist, Mesmer, Necromancer)
    - Adventurers wear medium armor (Engineer, Ranger, Thief)
    - Soldiers wear heavy armor (Guardian, Warrior)

More: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Armor

So the armors you see on toon selection should not be by any means reason to select profession. Your guardian can wear set that warrior shows or your mesmer can wear what ele shows. etc.
    Last edited by mmoce60d2079f6; 2012-09-07 at 08:35 PM. Reason: typos

@ Daffkeeks:

ok, but then I am confused how the human warrior looks the same as the norm warrior, given that cultural armor is race specific, no?

@Iryne:

Ok, thanks, really useful information there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basing it off the mesmer set, the one pictured is tailor craftable gear. Not sure if that is the same for other classes/races.
    Tarnished Coast [CRZY]
    Kumorii - 80 Mesmer
    Chärity - 80 Guardian
    Calinë - 80 Elementalist

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    So the armors you see on toon selection should not be by any means reason to select profession. Your guardian can wear set that warrior shows or your mesmer can wear what ele shows. etc.
    To be fair, the preview of that "higher-level" armor is meant to give you an idea of how your profession generally is "meant" to look at higher levels, in line with the aesthetics of that profession. So while it shouldn't be the reason, it can be a factor in your decision (especially when it comes to which race to use for your profession).
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.