Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    So in another words a 40-man arena

No

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. Fun. Rogues camping stealth, healers being immortal, others classes doing ridiculous burst damage while others have to built theirs up. Yeah.. with the current WoW doesn't really support deathmatch kind of gameplay in BGs :/

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyboucher View Post
    Sounds like a botters dream come true!

1)Kamikazi in and die right away then afk untill it's done .. I mena hey can't rez anyways so midas well afk and get the honor at the end!

2) Hide in a corner and if anyone complains simply state you are trying to survive till the end.

3) Level up a stealth calss and enjoy the afk / RP of "I'm an assasin waiting for the right time...don't want to die so I'm waiting for the correct oportunity"

I like the idea but you know there will be people exploiting either the death afk or hiding
    I agree with this guy. I love the idea, but they would have to make some kind of motivation to not hide.

It would be cool but it would also make players gravitate towards classes with high survivability (who also often bring high damage as well).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by supermage View Post
    Thats a horrible idea. You would find all the rogues and feral druids would stay in stealth mode till all the non stealthers kill each other off, then they would finish off the rest and turn on each other. Would be a horrible playstyle and kill the bg's
    if there are only one or two bad aspects, maybe it would be wiser to think about how to prevent players from exploiting them instead of screwing the whole concept. besides, there is a way bigger chance to make your group win by supporting it in combat... Moreover, you didn't think of Counter-Strike modes with pressure on the bomb planting team (as an example)
    there are also the already named concepts of earning honor by active pvp time (maybe even /afk after 3 min of noncombat); orbs of detection...

Quote Originally Posted by bobyboucher View Post
    Sounds like a botters dream come true!
    1)Kamikazi in and die right away then afk untill it's done .. I mena hey can't rez anyways so midas well afk and get the honor at the end!
    2) Hide in a corner and if anyone complains simply state you are trying to survive till the end.
    1) Dying first won't be profit if you can't earn any honor with it (see starting post).
    2) Take a very close look at the starting post.

Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    So in another words a 40-man arena
    No Thanks
    Explain why you would not like that idea. Are you unsatisfied with what you achieved in arenas? Don't you have fun in arenas? Well, I might only guess, but I am pretty sure that the feeling in such a BG is way different than how arena feels like.
    More importantly(!), I said there's no reason to not implement BG-like elements. Besides, you didn't think of "Counter-Strike" mode which was explained before.

Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    It would be cool but it would also make players gravitate towards classes with high survivability (who also often bring high damage as well).
    First of all, it's just a BG. Who would reroll just to have an advantage in one perticular BG? Not to mention, that there is no reason for pvp orientated players to not choose a class with high survivability and damage ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Sendai View Post
    Does that happen in arena? No, because there are artificial ways to detect stealthers to avoid this kind of things.
    Do you get more honor the longer you stay alive in arena?

15+ Year Old Account
    I thought of an idea of a room that fills up with water. The more you die, the more the water fills up the room, each team would have 2 rooms. If your room is filled with water all the way up you can not res anymore and end up dying from the water. It would kinda be a last man standing bg.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

stealth says hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    stealth says hi
    probably 1656 posts without actually reading more 2 or 3 lines and the title

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Do you get more honor the longer you stay alive in arena?
    as I stated already in the very beginning, pvp busy time is a very important factor. you won't get much honor by stealthing around

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneFrostFire View Post
    probably 1656 posts without actually reading more 2 or 3 lines and the title

as I stated already in the very beginning, pvp busy time is a very important factor. you won't get much honor by stealthing around
    i read it as if the longer you stayed alive, the more honor you get, not how much you actually do - which would be determined how? damage? frost dk vs bm hunter. hunter could be fighting longer but dk could do more damage. healing? May be balanced. disc wouldn't get as much. hks? can still stay stealthed. and what is active pvp time? time in combat? then you could theoretically just throw spam or repeatedly buff people who are in combat.

probably 174 posts being judgmental and ignorant.