Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by peterpan007; 2012-09-07 at 03:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer it how it is now. I'm not too fond of the chalky animations and painted scenes

Well from the screen shots (i didnt read up on it as i honestly dont care a huge amount), it looks way way better now. Its actually a good looking game tbh.

Far too light looking...
    Far too sterile and clean...
    Just looks nothing like even Diablo 2. Diablo 3 at least carries alot of hallmarks to Diablo 2, which is decent for the 2D Sprite-to-3D Model conversion.

Deleted
    current artwork is superior.

Deleted
    The angle of the camera seems far too shallow; it just doesn't look right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those screenshots are very old news. They also look terrible (as much a fan as I am of D2 and Blizzard North I still realize that), but I'm sure that the raving Diablo 2 / Blizzard North horde will enter this topic soon and state it looks awesome. Discussion been done before as well.

I think Diablo 3 looks fine as it is now ... People are saying it didn't feel "Dark and Gothic" ... I think it had plenty of Dark Elements, especially Act 1 and to some extent 3 and 4 were quite Dark (Look and Feel)... The only real element it lost was a "Gothic" look, which IMO isn't really that big of a deal.

The Art Style of Diablo 3 now is far superior to those old screenshots imo, however D2 and D1 still have a certain appeal within their own "Styles".

However if that D3 wasn't going to have a Online AH, Boring Plot and Crappy Dungeon and Gearing System, then I'd take it any day regardless of Art Style.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Those screenshots are very old news. They also look terrible (as much a fan as I am of D2 and Blizzard North I still realize that), but I'm sure that the raving Diablo 2 / Blizzard North horde will enter this topic soon and state it looks awesome. Discussion been done before as well.
    Comparing images of an unfinished game seven years ago to those of a completely polished game released this year is pretty unfair. Of course the graphics of the latter/completed game are better. Just the same as the graphics in SC2 are far superior to SC1.

If the plain logic of this thought process leads you to believe I'm a "raving" D2 fan, then I think you ought to reconsider who's the lunitic here.

Mod warning: you can get your point across without insulting people.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-09-07 at 04:04 PM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Deleted
    It would have been a really bad choice in my personal opinion to go with a free moving camera, or any angle other than one simulating an isometric camera. That's how Diablo and Diablo 2 were, and just because you can make a game with a free moving camera (Dungeon Siege, for example), doesn't mean you should.

The areas in those screenshots seem so vast and empty. Diablo has always had a claustrophobic feel, and those pictures just don't convey that. Also, the color scheme is just horrible for a Diablo game.

Even if they had "polished" that style, they would have ended up with an inferior product artistically and as far as the atmosphere goes. That's what I think anyway.

I think it looks better than what we actually got. The graphics are worse but the whole thing looks more athmospheric. That game might actually have had the Diablo feel that is (for me) entirely missing in D3.

Deleted
    Diablo 3 is perfectly fine the way it is now, IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    Comparing images of an unfinished game seven years ago to those of a completely polished game released this year is pretty unfair. Of course the graphics of the latter/completed game are better. Just the same as the graphics in SC2 are far superior to SC1.
    This, it's so many years apart that it's pointless to compare them at this stage, especially as one was under development and one is finished product as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    current artwork is superior.
    I would hope so..... those screenshots are 5+ years old....

Clearly Blizzard did an amazing job with D3 cause the (bad compared to modern standards) graphics they used in D3 are better than 5-8 year old graphics that another team was using...

Since we're talking about bad comparisons, pray tell what are the modern standards in this kind of game?

whats the point of calling it diablo 3 if you are gonna make it exactly like diablo 2 but just with different acts

Fix the camera angle and the old screenshots look about 1000 times better then cartoony, rainbowy game D3 is now.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    And this proves what exactly? The graphic of a game says nothing of the actual gameplay.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

those screenies look a little dated now, however you have to keep in mind they are 7 years old and still in the ultra-alpha stage.

there is no doubt in my mind this would have been a better game than what we got. also to the people who say it looks too "light" it looks exactly like heaven from act iv!!

---------- Post added 2012-09-07 at 07:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    whats the point of calling it diablo 3 if you are gonna make it exactly like diablo 2 but just with different acts
    fine call it a diablo 2 expansion pack or whatever the fuck. id still rather play this game

10+ Year Old Account
    It ended up much better then those screenshots. The graphics while they could be darker are great in Diablo 3.
    Continuous effort - is the key to unlocking our potential.
    http://gameslikefinder.com/