I think this thread still applies even more today than 6 months ago. Give the raiders the design priority and give the casuals the rest of the game design priority. I think all groups would say 5 mans need to be made harder though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    I think this thread still applies even more today than 6 months ago. Give the raiders the design priority and give the casuals the rest of the game design priority. I think all groups would say 5 mans need to be made harder though.
    completely depends on the rewards. if they stay the same blue items then no, because those items quickly become outdated, leaving nothing but VP to be of any use. and i certainly dont want to spend large chunks of time doing harder dungeons just for a tiny amount of VP.

dungeons are as difficult as they need to be for random people who more or less just want the valor.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Deleted
    I thought this thread was dead a long time ago - necro much?

10+ Year Old Account
    Its Halloween, time to raise the dead! 5 mans are great right now, get in and done in 10 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    In most other games, to see the content, you have to clear the content before that.

Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    In most other games, to see the content, you have to clear the content before that.
    That's one reason Everquest went into decline. Catchup content is not optional if the designers want their game to succeed.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    Most games don't run for nine years, either.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no way to express my feelings toward the OP strongly enough. Like every idea that emerges from his kind (that is, unfortunately a lot of "raiderz") it is utterly short-sighted, self destructive and ultimately worthless. But hey- how about we add a special reward just for you? A permeate two-stage title?

"Dickhead X"
    "The snowflake"

This way everyone will know just how much of a unique and precocious thing you are and your utterly idiotic behavior would go as unquestioned as the flailing of a down syndrome ebaby
    Wrath baby and proud of it

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no reason to necro this old of a thread to discuss a concept that has already changed in the past year with the introduction of Flex.