Page 92 of 104 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snegro View Post
    To try to be that 5%.
    By not levelling to max level in 50% of cases?

Hmmmm.........

Kind of amazed that this discussion is still going on, I feel like this has gotten into dead horse mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Krato View Post
    Suck my balls casuals, yes you pay for the game but doesnt mean you should see all, i mean 90% of you are shit crap garbage players.

Infracted~
    What a mature and well thought out opinion with facts and evidence to support it!

No seriously its amazing that people like this even post, honestly I'm kind of amazed that an ~80 post user didn't just get flat banned for that.

Edit: Considering this type of post:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...0#post18386900

You might want to reconsider you attitude and statements towards people. Either that or you are lying about your education.
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by snegro View Post
    To try to be that 5%.
    Yes, if we try really hard, 100% of people can be in the top 5%!

/facepalm
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Yes, if we try really hard, 100% of people can be in the top 5%!

/facepalm
    I think my middle school math teachers head just exploded.
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

You don't get a title from LFR... but you do get one from normal, and you get another one from heroic... I'm sorry if this sounds a bit too complex for some, but how doesn't that clearly state the casual, the raider and the HM raider.

There are three tiers of raiding and three clearly labeled tier... Jeez, the gear is even labeled!

When you see some dude rock'n full LFR you think (hmm, casual or alt - dunno, don't care)
    When you see some dude rock'n normal gear a bit of LFR here and there you think (ok ok, he must be in some sort of raiding guild or runs pugs.)
    When you see some dude rock'n heroic gear with zero LFR and one or two normal pieces you think (You, nice! clearly you're in a raiding guild and pwning some pixels)

And don't forget the gear is usually a different colour...

Just because everyone can see all the same content doesn't mean this game is turning into casualcraft... if anything it's just being more flexable for people that work, have a family, and just cbf putting in so much effort after 8 years of this shiz.

But, to really answer the topic, raids have always been with raiders and always will... there is just a way that casuals can do them too and get clearly lower class rewards (achievements/gear ilvl/colour and titles)

Last I checked, the raids was never taken from raiders. If you want to raid, then raid.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDoomkin View Post
    Last I checked, the raids was never taken from raiders. If you want to raid, then raid.
    Raids still exist. But real raiding with actual progression curves in between dinging max level and raiding top tier was almost entirely removed from the game.

Progression (e.g. leveling, professions, gear, personal skill etc.) is what made WoW as big as it was and it's a bad thing to remove the essence of WoW bit by bit.

Quote Originally Posted by naimc View Post
    You raider elitists need to stop being so ignorant. The game isnt just for you, you arent paying for it yourself. Im sick and tired of people saying shit like casuals shouldnt raid this or should just stick to this etc. We ALL pay for the game to experience ALL the content however the hell we want to experience it. God I just dont understand the mentality of you elitists.
    As a FORMER raider, let me explain this one to you: It isn't elitism. No one's really asking to restrict access to anyone. What people like the OP, and myself, truth be told, are asking for is a return to non-iterative raiding. No, I don't want to run LFR then Normal then Hardmode. What's wanted is a return of learning the mechanics being the challenge, not learn the mechanics in easy mode then it's a gear check to make it through the next step. Does this becoming exclusionary? Unfortunately, yes. It isn't the intent; it's a side effect. The intent is to make CHALLENGING raid content fresh for those that play the game exclusively to raid. Right now you have two steps: Fresh content that's easy, then challenging content that rehashes what you've been through before. That's not really all that fun for a dedicated raider.

This tread is still going? Wow!!!!! Ok give it a rest. Raiding can be difficult if you want it to be. What you should do if your really into a challenge is forget getting the gear but run through and complete the raid in the first week. Then no matter what go back in and raid the whole thing on heroic the next week. There are a few guilds that can accomplish this and will with World First achievements. The big deal is this. LFR is not to get gear. Normal is for getting the gear. LFR is for your alts to catch up so if you need to swap for a heroic you can somewhat accomplish this. Oh well either way. I like Dragon Soul. I did not get a chance to do firelands on heroic. But from what I understand it was more challenging. I like the LFR system. I think once you get past the idea that "its required" to start raiding. Then you will be ok. As far as I could tell when i returned to the game. The difference between LFR and normal is a few mechanics and some high damage multipliers.

Why are you concerned about letting raiders raid. If real raiders wanted to raid they would do so on alts in older content when no one is really there to support them. Just a thought but gear your lvl 80 toons out in Item level 308 gear then go raid ICC. This might be fun with no set bonuses or anything. Don't forget you can get 10 or 25 friends together and do Molten Core at level 60 if you choose to. That could be a challenge. Anyway have a good night and see you in MoP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by walbomb View Post
    So you're saying WoW became one of the most successful games ever because of the raid design used by 5% (or whatever the figure is) of the player base? So the other 95% paid and logged on for what exactly?
    I'm saying exactly what I wrote. You cannot claim that the game absolutely must not provide content for top 5%, or that it's a terrible move, because they did it and it didn't bankrupt them and kill the game.

---------- Post added 2012-09-19 at 06:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    The game must be more accessible than before with every passing year to widen the potential playerbase. This is basic economics.
    You still just keep asserting it without providing a reason why you think that. Especially when we have an example for a long time period where Blizzard did exactly the opposite and widened the potential playerbase every single quarter. Furthermore, increasing accessibility has not widened the playerbase, there are less WoW players today than there were in TBC. So once again, what are you basing this claim on?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zeophor View Post
    I'm saying exactly what I wrote. You cannot claim that the game absolutely must not provide content for top 5%, or that it's a terrible move, because they did it and it didn't bankrupt them and kill the game.
    Neither did not doing it.

In fact, for whatever reason, blizzard have decided that their policy on that was mistaken and have moved far, far away from that model (after very briefly retrying it at the start of cataclysm) and have publicy stated that they can no longer justify wasting resources on such a small amount of people.

That's right, bunkie. Blizzard publicly state that making progression raids as you want them is a waste of their time and a waste of their money.

You still just keep asserting it without providing a reason why you think that. Especially when we have an example for a long time period where Blizzard did exactly the opposite and widened the potential playerbase every single quarter. Furthermore, increasing accessibility has not widened the playerbase, there are less WoW players today than there were in TBC. So once again, what are you basing this claim on?
    Blizzard think that.

Good enough for me.

And, while it may not be good enough for you, it doesn't matter a jot. This is the model and will be for at least another two years. I suggest either sucking it up or learning korean because wow has moved on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    Blizzard think that.

Good enough for me.
    Where does this blind trust in Blizzard come from? They're a company that managed to lose a quarter of WoW subs in Cata. They're a company that managed to make D3 with the shelf-life of a dairy product. Hardly achievements inspiring confidence in their current team.

Deleted
    Where does this blind trust in Blizzard come from? They're a company that managed to lose a quarter of WoW subs in Cata. They're a company that managed to make D3 with the shelf-life of a dairy product. Hardly achievements inspiring confidence in their current team.
    Who said anything about trust?

At no point have I said anywhere what my own personal opinion is on the matter. I've outlined why I think blizzard are doing what they are doing (based on facts such as them saying "we are doing this because TBC sucked dick for most players" etc) and I've pointed out if you don't like it you are shit out of luck. I trust them to know more about wow than I do, that's all.

Why not just accept that blizzard are doing what they are doing and move on?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    But it gets nerfed all the time.

at 7:19 Greg Street explains that he nerfed TBC style raiding so that "Everyone is able to see it". He failed miserably at this. WoW worked better when people knew that raiding is not for everyone. This is why the game is going down. Greg Street ruined WoW.

Respectfully, Greg Street hasnt' ruined Wow, he may of ruined your ability to wave pixellated parts at others around you and say 'look at me I did X and you cant do it cause you aren't in X guild'.

Your view is at best self centered and myopic, the devs have to do whats best for EVERYone, not just you and your cadre of 'I'm better than you cause I live in my mother's basement where I can play Wow all day every day while my mother dutifully brings down the Yoohoos and Hot Pockets anytime I bellow'

Newsflash sparky, Wow is trying to attract new and more subscribers, and games with brutal learning curves dont gain and retain subscribers. So, respectfully, if they gain 10 subs for every QQing 'thinks they are hardcore' raider that leaves... its a win for Blizzard.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Why not make the content fairly difficult but not super hard. Some small easy raids that isnt LFR but with easy mechanics like DS. Then add 2-3 more raids in the same tier that are harder so everyone gets goals to progress to?

Why not make 5 man dungeons harder? Add enrage timers, less forgiving mechanics and harder trash that requires CC. People will eventually learn to play and we can go back to what it used to be?

It's fine the way it is. I don't care about raiding and never will, but any aspect of the game should be accessible to the masses. I don't necessarily think heroics should be nerfed so others can do them later (that's what normal and looking for raid are for, isn't it?) but everything else is in a better place, or getting there. I'm sorry, but if you think the meat of the game should be available to only a very tiny portion of the player base (those who are willing to live in big guilds) then you're definitely playing the wrong game, and I'm willing to bet you won't find a good game that fits your model.

---------- Post added 2012-09-19 at 03:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pendraeg View Post
    As a FORMER raider, let me explain this one to you: It isn't elitism. No one's really asking to restrict access to anyone. What people like the OP, and myself, truth be told, are asking for is a return to non-iterative raiding. No, I don't want to run LFR then Normal then Hardmode. What's wanted is a return of learning the mechanics being the challenge, not learn the mechanics in easy mode then it's a gear check to make it through the next step. Does this becoming exclusionary? Unfortunately, yes. It isn't the intent; it's a side effect. The intent is to make CHALLENGING raid content fresh for those that play the game exclusively to raid. Right now you have two steps: Fresh content that's easy, then challenging content that rehashes what you've been through before. That's not really all that fun for a dedicated raider.
    Then start in heroic, don't look fights up beforehand and have a challenge. It shouldn't matter what others do.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    It's fine the way it is. I don't care about raiding and never will, but any aspect of the game should be accessible to the masses. I don't necessarily think heroics should be nerfed so others can do them later (that's what normal and looking for raid are for, isn't it?) but everything else is in a better place, or getting there. I'm sorry, but if you think the meat of the game should be available to only a very tiny portion of the player base (those who are willing to live in big guilds) then you're definitely playing the wrong game, and I'm willing to bet you won't find a good game that fits your model.

---------- Post added 2012-09-19 at 03:57 AM ----------

Then start in heroic, don't look fights up beforehand and have a challenge. It shouldn't matter what others do.
    I agree with this, most of you complaining about difficulty and say your bore dorw/e because of it. Just need to quit the game isn't for you anymore if you truely want a challenge it's there you just gotta look for it. Hell try go straight from 5 man heroics into H raids without set bonuses, without looking up fights, hell even try it without vent/skype, and turn off DBM. I'm sure that would be challenging.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Newsflash sparky, Wow is trying to attract new and more subscribers, and games with brutal learning curves dont gain and retain subscribers. So, respectfully, if they gain 10 subs for every QQing 'thinks they are hardcore' raider that leaves... its a win for Blizzard.
    They're not gaining subs. They lost a quarter of all subs.

Also, a newsflash for you "sparky", everything you listed has nothing to do with reality, it's just you own ego defense. You need to believe that all these people who achieved more than you could must be living in their mother's basement and only achieving more because they spend much more time. Reality is different. My guild had all kinds of people from waiters and students to doctors and surgeons, we raided 2-3 nights per week, and cleared almost all content from Kara to FL. Do you honestly think people put in 5+ days per week just to impress you? To feel superior to you? Sorry, but that is self-centered, and delusional.

Deleted
    The game can't please all people.

I really like them to introduce more prequesting before being able to enter raid instances, perhaps guild progress questing or something, most people playing dont give shit about the lore and by that misses alot of the feeling with wow.

The game should be hard, very hard and perhaps the very last months of a patch open up the raids for less skilled/people who have less time to play to then see the content, but then not being able to get end game items, but instead inferior quality of the same item..

Remove the stupid Epic dungeons where every one of us can get epic gear on all spots without any effort.

More questlines like Thunderfury or the Legendary Daggers, those were awesome good material.

A raid should be alot about whiping, those who cant stand that should perhaps try out pvp or archeology or getting achivements going.

Whiping 60 times on an encounter and then finally manage to kill it is a really enormous good feeling, to kill something in say 2-3 tries is nothing at all.

nevertheless Wow=Best game ever released, looking forward to when next game will be released that takes over that throne.

Happy playing in Pandoria

Let them play their shitty LFR. They will get bored and sick of it and then move on. Let this game die.

My opinion: They should have never tried to get everyone into raids. They should have just made other content like pet battles for the people who can't/don't want to raid. They should have come up with other good features instead of ruining already excisting features for the people who were already using them and were having fun. There are ways to let everyone see content without fucking over half of the raiders.

---------- Post added 2012-09-19 at 09:43 AM ----------

They're not gaining subs. They lost a quarter of all subs.

Also, a newsflash for you "sparky", everything you listed has nothing to do with reality, it's just you own ego defense. You need to believe that all these people who achieved more than you could must be living in their mother's basement and only achieving more because they spend much more time. Reality is different. My guild had all kinds of people from waiters and students to doctors and surgeons, we raided 2-3 nights per week, and cleared almost all content from Kara to FL. Do you honestly think people put in 5+ days per week just to impress you? To feel superior to you? Sorry, but that is self-centered, and delusional.
    Lol, so true.

---------- Post added 2012-09-19 at 09:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Baergrillz View Post
    I agree with this, most of you complaining about difficulty and say your bore dorw/e because of it. Just need to quit the game isn't for you anymore if you truely want a challenge it's there you just gotta look for it. Hell try go straight from 5 man heroics into H raids without set bonuses, without looking up fights, hell even try it without vent/skype, and turn off DBM. I'm sure that would be challenging.
    Because people who spend years playing this game and spend hundreds of days into a character are going to quit the game without a fight after Blizzard ruined it for them because you 'need to see content'.

Maybe break your hand to make it even more challenging after you have cleared everything in blue gear?

---------- Post added 2012-09-19 at 09:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    Who said anything about trust?

At no point have I said anywhere what my own personal opinion is on the matter. I've outlined why I think blizzard are doing what they are doing (based on facts such as them saying "we are doing this because TBC sucked dick for most players" etc) and I've pointed out if you don't like it you are shit out of luck. I trust them to know more about wow than I do, that's all.

Why not just accept that blizzard are doing what they are doing and move on?
    You apparently wouldn't accept everything they could do otherwise you wouldn't be here. If they would go back to TBC style you would be here complaining too because you spend so much time in this game and now it's "not for you" anymore. Then some idiot tells you to "just quit".

(based on facts such as them saying "we are doing this because TBC sucked dick for most players" etc)
    That's not a fact my friend, that's you having blind trust in them. If it sucked dick for so many players then why didn't they just quit?

Trust me subs will drop even more in MoP, that's a FACT! /jk
    I think they will drop even more and not because it's an old game or because new games are coming out. It's simply because Blizzard made wrong decisions.