mind vision and mind control

it would be usefull if u can mind vision a npc, and see what usable abilities they have when u mind control them.
    I remember back in Botanica u could Mind Control one of the mobs and use its healing, and I believe another had a really nice dps buff u could cast on ur fellow party/raid.
    Last edited by Dionysius; 2012-09-07 at 02:02 PM.

You're not providing a lot of insight or other things for people to discuss - you're simply stating an obvious fact.

[tongue in cheek]Did you accidentally post here instead of your facebook status?[/tongue in cheek]

Deleted
    That would be nice indeed. I'd also like if the controlled NPC could deal a comparable DPS w.r.t. the controlling character. Finally, the controlled mob should drop loot when killed, as well as other mobs killed by him/her.

I like this idea, Dionysius.

But to be honest, Mind Control really only has one usecase. Make people jump off the cliff near the flag in Eye of the Storm and on the lumbermill in Arathi Basin.
    And that's not really a brilliant usecase.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeCoolName View Post
    You're not providing a lot of insight or other things for people to discuss - you're simply stating an obvious fact.
    That's true for a lot of threads. Either way, your post is "not providing a lot of insight or other things for people to discuss".

OT: I would like the idea to make this abilities more useful than it is today, they have very limited useful possibilities (but currently only one class is able to do this stuff, perhapy if more classes would be able to do this, then there would be more bossfights or something whch would require that stuff [i.e. like 25-man-Instructor Razuvious]).

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    I like this idea, Dionysius.

But to be honest, Mind Control really only has one usecase. Make people jump off the cliff near the flag in Eye of the Storm and on the lumbermill in Arathi Basin.
    And that's not really a brilliant usecase.
    And Blizzard tried again and again to make it impossible, too.

That would be a neat Mind Vision change.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    And Blizzard tried again and again to make it impossible, too.
    Heh.

-

I don't like the current state of mind control. I don't think they'd actually make changes that would make it desirable in more than the overly specific situations a player will hardly come across when other option offer a much broader range of uses that would pop up far more often.

Given some of the limitations.. I just can't justify CCing myself to take control of a mob. I've used it effectively over the years, sure, but.. in most cases any other CC will offer a better result. In the case of the BC era I could justify it more (except that they made so many bloody mobs immune to it for no good reason, within the proper type) because you actually ran into situations every single CC in the party needed used. However, since Wrath, and still now, I don't tend to run into situations we need CC at all. The few times I can say CC was needed, it wasn't all of it, leaving plenty of options that were not mind control that would produce better results.