Thread: mistweaver pvp

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

mistweaver pvp

been looking at mistweaver mechanics and i've come to gather some things i would like feedback on.

*single target healer: below par with other classes at pvp. for mobility reasons it seems like relying too heavily on renewing mists is not good for us. maybe if it was made more like riptide. or make it tic harder over less time. chi burst/chi wave will not be very effective since it takes 2 chi to use. meaning 1 of those every 16 seconds( 8 seconds cd on renewing mists = two of those needed to cast chi burst/chi wave.) i wouldnt count on being able to get many soothing mists to help generate chi, unless your pillar humping and casting it on yourself. i think i would rather take chi burst for arenas and chi wave for rbgs. even then for arenas i would use all my chi on uplift before those two. chi wave might be a good mechanic thats useful against dotcleaves like prayer of mending for priests.

*aoe heals: seem on par with other classes, spinning crane kick seems kinda op, probably useless in arenas. kinda screams, im standing with my partners out in the open, cc me to death! about as effective as healing rain for arenas(derp)

*mana regen: from what ive seen the mana tea mechanic is pretty op from a pve aspect but seems hard to use in arenas/bgs. the mana regen is what in turn makes the aoe heals so good i think. i say the aoe healing out put is probably the same as other healers but they are able to do that same output for much longer cuz of the mana tea mechanic. the glyph of mana tea could be a solution, have yet to seen it tested or be given feedback yet.

to fix this i think they should buff their single target heals and then nerf mana tea. ive seen videos where monks just spam spinning crane kick and everyone lives the entire dungeon but these mechanics offer no help for pvp. opinions on my wall of text would be much appreciated!
    Last edited by DiscoGhost; 2012-09-08 at 03:45 AM.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.