Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hunter Tanking Heroic Morchok 10 Man

Heya all! I posted this on the official forums, although I thought this might gain interests here too.

I managed to convince my raid guild to let me pet tank H Morchok on my hunter, and I managed to record it! If any other hunters are bored as well, you can try it. There's a short guide in the description as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNWId...ature=youtu.be

Hope you all enjoy!

Deleted
    Nice, I see it comlpetely negated the stomp ability as well. I never knew before if the double stomp damage would still hit the person closest to the tank even that person was outside range of normal stomp dmg.

Deleted
    clicking is such a selfish act in wow your ignorance of a fact that your ability to play is greatly reduce by clicking is not only affecting you but the whole raid

Don't try to derail the thread
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-09-09 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joye View Post
    clicking is such a selfish act in wow your ignorance of a fact that your ability to play is greatly reduce by clicking is not only affecting you but the whole raid
    Pls don't derail this thread to another clickers vs keyboard users. He is here talking about accomplishment this is not a discussions about clickers.
    Last edited by Ballistic; 2012-09-08 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joye View Post
    Bit of a elitism there? I click and proud of it!!! so what. I tank just as fine if not better than other tanks who are binders and a lot of people mistake me for a binder. As long as im doing what is need at the right time. I should be able to play the game the way i want. And if my raid does down the boss like we normally do how is this act been selfish?? Give the bloke some credit!!!

OT: Well done mate. Shame there had to be a troll so far up
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

OoT: Clicking is not an issue actually - though i'm a keyboarder. however if you master the clicking skill you can do it on yor way, being as professional as someone using the keyboard. as that goes for the use of keyboard as well, you just have to have enough imagination to set your skills or bindings right to improve your play style and effectiveness. however what is going on my nerves most, is that if you want to use least bars or binding you have to macro a lot of skills with modifier just to live with that many available skills. it was better if there were least skills to begin with and i wont argue about rotation here but all of the situational or survival abilities you use regularly and with every addon there are more of them. i'd like to get rid of some more.
    Last edited by Iskariott; 2012-09-08 at 07:56 AM.

Deleted
    With this video I honestly wonder if we have a right to complain about pet armor, sure it used to be higher before but maybe it used to be too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    With this video I honestly wonder if we have a right to complain about pet armor, sure it used to be higher before but maybe it used to be too high.
    The complaints have mainly originated from Beta testers though haven't they? MAybe you should reserve judgement for when you have tried new content (although I don't know if you have Beta access/have tried...)

Deleted
    People are complaining about pet armor for pets not in their tank specs, there's a big difference.

On top of that, it's 35% nerf, and 25% nerf on boss magical and physical dmg.

It's a nice thing, but you should try on 0% nerf :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    You don't really have a few healers just following you around to keep your pet up when you're questing, do you ?
    In Soviet Russia, you loot to raid.

Hippa

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    People are complaining about pet armor for pets not in their tank specs, there's a big difference.

On top of that, it's 35% nerf, and 25% nerf on boss magical and physical dmg.

It's a nice thing, but you should try on 0% nerf :P
    I was actually considering asking the raid to try that out, it felt too easy with 35% nerf. I popped CDs willy nilly, however there really was no need to do so. I really only did so just to avoid any potential spikes in damage or something odd.

Pets right now still are squishier than they were before hand to those who brought that up, however I also believe there are work arounds for it (at least until MoP and when they put the fix out).

For those talking about the clicking, I get this a lot whenever I post a video here and I'll post this again. I cannot keybind to save my life, you can try to be elitist all you want and I know the benefits of keybinding. However those benefits aren't really helpful if my performance actually goes down due my own personal problem of actually hitting the keys right, and I'd rather not bring myself or the whole raid team down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arhippa View Post
    You don't really have a few healers just following you around to keep your pet up when you're questing, do you ?
    Indeed I do not, but neither do other people. I still don't have much of an issue with pet armor being too low when I'm out questing.

Wanted to also say thanks for those who are being positive about this and or actually discussing the topic at hand instead of trying to derail the thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arhippa View Post
    of course. pet pocket healing starter zone already... Or else I couldn't get out of it.... lol

You made my day, still laughing

OP nice feat. grats!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    style of play has nothing to do with the fact that he actually accomplished this.

OT: omg that was really cool to see, grats! only thing is you should've used Terrorpene because he is just beautiful!
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    style of play has nothing to do with the fact that he actually accomplished this.

OT: omg that was really cool to see, grats! only thing is you should've used Terrorpene because he is just beautiful!
    haha thanks lol. And I have Terrorpene actually in my stables :3. I have another Xmog set that he matches with, I try to make the pets match my armor xD.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm disappointed. I thought the hunter was tanking. It's a hunter pet.

Your title misled me, sir. I demand compensation for my emotional trauma!
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    I'm disappointed. I thought the hunter was tanking. It's a hunter pet.

Your title misled me, sir. I demand compensation for my emotional trauma!
    Hm... Woops! My...bad? :P.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lazypeon100 View Post
    Wanted to also say thanks for those who are being positive about this and or actually discussing the topic at hand instead of trying to derail the thread
    Seems its too much to hope for a moderator to actually moderate such useless and vindictive comments by people with nothing better to do than try and derail these types of threads

But much kudos to you for getting this done!! I wonder if I can convince my raid group to let me try...maybe double-hunter-pet-tanking! ;p

Deleted
    the hunter was tanking dude ;p wot did u expect... but nice work dude. shows you can still have fun n stuff when theres nothing else to do
    and the turd who *elited* you bout clicking LOL... nowt wrong with clicking at all, i only keybind certain things (maybe 5 or 6 things tbh) i find keybinding everything is just a cluster flick of a mess... if you can accomplish what you want while either clicking or keybinding then who da flip cares right????

ive always been a forum reader not a poster because i know id get banned in no time at all because of all these (naughty word) people and they get right up my nose and id have to hunt them all down and rag em around n slap em n stuff. idiots.

yea nice work dude. good on ya