Thread: Class Balance

Class Balance

Any word from the devs on when it's going to occur? Honestly getting tired of trying to have fun in sPvP facing teams like this:

P.S. - I'm not going to entertain the notion that Thieves are balanced. They're not. Escape mechanics aside, no class should be able to kill you in 2 seconds.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

So first you make a post about the thief class, then you refuse to discuss the thief class unless we agree with you? Seriously, why don't you just go jerk off in front of the mirror and be done with it?

Personally, as a mesmer, I have no problems with thiefs. The issue arise when you build glass cannon, which sadly a lot of people do. Seems like when Anet said there was no trinity, players heard there was no Tank or Healers. No trinity means no traditional DPS either. If you build pure DPS then yes, you will be getting raped in 2 seconds.

So you believe all classes are completely balanced right now with nothing leaning towards OP or underpowered? Please. I suppose Arenanet should just completely ignore ever touching balance at all then since it's perfectly fine.

On a more serious note, why do you think there are far more Thieves in every game than most other classes? It's rather easy to come to a logical conclusion. If you have a browse over various PvP forums for the game, you can see that the general consensus is that Warr/Thief/Mesmer are well ahead of the rest.

Regardless, this isn't a thread to discuss what people think is balanced and unbalanced, this is a thread asking if there has been any news regarding balance tweaking.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

15+ Year Old Account
    You talk of balance but yet a guardian is not even mentioned? Also no, balance is what killed PvP in most MMO's that dare try it. I don't want or need balance, otherwise classes will be the same, and that will kill the game for me.

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    So you believe all classes are completely balanced right now with nothing leaning towards OP or underpowered? Please. I suppose Arenanet should just completely ignore ever touching balance at all then since it's perfectly fine.

On a more serious note, why do you think there are far more Thieves in every game than most other classes? It's rather easy to come to a logical conclusion. If you have a browse over various PvP forums for the game, you can see that the general consensus is that Warr/Thief/Mesmer are well ahead of the rest.

Regardless, this isn't a thread to discuss what people think is balanced and unbalanced, this is a thread asking if there has been any news regarding balance tweaking.
    1) No there hasnt been any news regarding balance tweaking. If you browse various forums you already know that, so in fact this is just an excuse to feel better about QQing by having people agree with you.
    2) No, everything isn't perfectly balanced. Elementalists, for exemple, could use a little more punch. Nonetheless, I do not think thieves are overpowered.
    3) The rogue/thief/assassin class is always one of the most popular archetypes in any game along with warriors. The idea of a stealthy class has mass appeal, and that has nothing to do with it being broken in all those games.

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Any word from the devs on when it's going to occur? Honestly getting tired of trying to have fun in sPvP facing teams like this:

P.S. - I'm not going to entertain the notion that Thieves are balanced. They're not. Escape mechanics aside, no class should be able to kill you in 2 seconds.
    It's ironic that you're saying there are far more thieves than any other class yet you didn't have one on your team.

Anyway,i destroy thieves on my guardian and mesmer. I do struggle with good ones on my warrior though.

Deleted
    Thief was topping the polls of what people were planning to roll before there was even a date for beta. It has nothing to do with OPness.

I'm having no problem vs Thiefs, but then again, i'm a Warrior DD

Closing this down since you leave no room for actual discussion. If you want to create a thread to discuss class balance, feel free to do so. But creating a thread and telling others that you REFUSE to discuss your own opinions is going to make the thread rather pointless.