Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like it a lot... I'd still buy it...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I wouldn't buy it... why? I've heard too much negativity to spend 60 bucks on it. If it truly was such an amazing game, there wouldn't be this much hate towards the game.
    A good bit of that hate comes from fanboys coming in here to troll, i would take some of them with a grain of salt.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't buy it... why? I've heard too much negativity to spend 60 bucks on it. If it truly was such an amazing game, there wouldn't be this much hate towards the game.
    basing your decision on people like myself who are critical is very flattering but I still always recommend people try it its such a marmite game tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    And that's why i didn't bought WoW... amirite?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niki View Post
    Ya I have to keep looking, I been calling some stores, cant find a copy!
    Might have said it earlier, but if hasn't, hit target. I got mine at the second one I went to. It's easier to buy PC games at target than GameStop around here.

Still ALOT of players on my server, ppl still having fun, discussing things, exploring things. Lovin it

Yes. It has no sub fee, is exceptionally fun, and is very stable. You should definitely buy it.

Seriously. You played beta and liked it and you can't make up your mind?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    A good bit of that hate comes from fanboys coming in here to troll, i would take some of them with a grain of salt.
    Hate is circumstance of hype. The more hype, the more people hear about it and the higher the expectation, the better chances of a person not liking it.

I don't think it's the best MMO out there, but it's very good. For 60 bucks with no monthly fee, it's the best bang for your buck in MMOs. This includes me playing many FTP MMO and liking a few of them. If you like MMOs and have 60 bucks for a game, I think it's a no brainier.

The best marketplace in any MMO.

15+ Year Old Account
    Guild Wars 2 was only officially released 2 weeks ago, so yes, people are still playing. And you know what I love about Guild Wars 2? Seeing there is no sub fee, I don't feel obliged to "rush". I play at my own pace, when I like, and I enjoy it. Sure, I wont be 80 as quickly as most others, but the leveling is so fun, the personal story is so fantastic, frankly I'm definitely in no rush to reach 80 ^^

And if you decide to take a break from it, again, you're not paying for a sub. You can just run the game and play again whenever you like.

There's hate for every game that has ever come out. There's a ton of hate for MoP, GW2, D3, Torchlight 2, Assassin's Creed 3, and every other game that has come out or will come out. You should know that by now, being on the internet. I can understand not wanting to buy the game if you don't like the idea of the game or the features and gameplay of a game, but not buying a game because of the opinion of other people? That's just silly. There's just as much positive feedback outside of this site as there is awful feedback within this site and similar sites.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Hate is circumstance of hype. The more hype, the more people hear about it and the higher the expectation, the better chances of a person not liking it.
    I understand there are people that just did not like it, but was more people like the ones in this post i was hinting at.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post18273447
    Last edited by mmoc0d096f98da; 2012-09-08 at 08:05 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Found this in another thread, here is what I think is a very good review of the game and what makes it different to current MMO's:

Word of warning, it is NSFW (profanity, etc... He's called Angry Joe for a reason!)

Deleted
    I would like to buy it..
    I know where to get one too (gasp)

But I'm very very skeptical after..
    Being disappointed in dragon soul.
    Then going to Star wars and getting disappointed, sort of. Then trying Tera's beta and getting disappointed again (questing, combat was niceish). Not to mention F2P ones like lotro, star trek, aion, warhammer trial..yeah.

I just feel I'm done with MMO's but when you have 8 friends playing..I do wonder :/
    Would hate to throw 50 euros away again. I know it doesnt have sub fee (thus expansions) but daamn.
    Are the servers laggy? Is there similiar exploration feeling you had in wow when you started? Are necromancers doing good?
    I guess I want that good old mmo exploring feeling wow had with mix of solid gameplay. Yeah I do like pvp if its balanced and you dont die in 4 seconds. Is it really honestly the new direction it promised to be?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    Found this in another thread, here is what I think is a very good review of the game and what makes it different to current MMO's:

[COLOR=#ff0000]Word of warning, it is NSFW (profanity, etc... He's called Angry Joe for a reason!)
    God I couldnt watch 5 minutes of that, the guy is damn annoying, surely there are calmer less biased reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    I would like to buy it..
    I know where to get one too (gasp)

But I'm very very skeptical after..
    Being disappointed in dragon soul.
    Then going to Star wars and getting disappointed, sort of. Then trying Tera's beta and getting disappointed again (questing, combat was niceish). Not to mention F2P ones like lotro, star trek, aion, warhammer trial..yeah.

I just feel I'm done with MMO's but when you have 8 friends playing..I do wonder :/
    Would hate to throw 50 euros away again. I know it doesnt have sub fee (thus expansions) but daamn.
    Are the servers laggy? Is there similiar exploration feeling you had in wow when you started? Are necromancers doing good?
    I guess I want that good old mmo exploring feeling wow had with mix of solid gameplay. Yeah I do like pvp if its balanced and you dont die in 4 seconds. Is it really honestly the new direction it promised to be?
    Expansions are planned for years to come, and so are patches and content updates and changes.

Deleted
    Assuming you can still get the game i guesso :P goodluck though

I was also hesitating about buying Guild Wars 2, but after I bought it, I didn't have any regrets. This is a great game, I like everything about it, even the PvP and I'm not a PvP guy usually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    I still had not seen that yet. Thank you. Agree with most of what he says. Though I would have brought up the instanced nodes more. Love that it wiped out the node ninjas.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

EBgames, Future shop and Best buy do not have any copies at all, and have no information when new stock is coming in. Damn it what other stores haven't I checked out??? Considering I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. As someone suggested up top that Target might have copies, however Target is opening in Calgary in 2013 lol. Any other store suggestions?