Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    Did you two even watch the video? Like at all? The ammount of pathetic fanboyism in your posts just makes me want to get further and further away from the GW2 community.

Imagine this: You're new to MMO's, you don't visit reddit nor MMO (any kind of site that cover GW2 shit) and play this game all happy. You love it, level up, keep on going. One day you arrive at this Karma vendor that happens to have something you want, and to your you, it's really cheap! You decide to pick up this item, and continue on your quest. Later on you arrive at this new Karma vendor who sells you materials for your cooking. You cook and cook and decide to vendor the items cause you don't actually need them, you were leveling your cooking (don't even know if you actually lvl cooking) and notice you've made a few extra gold pieces. You ask yourself if it was worth trading one-two gold pieces for these materials that cost you over thousands of Karma which you've worked so hard for. Oh well, whatever, lets keep on going cause it's so much fun, only not knowing that the clock is ticking for you to get permanently banned. Shame on you, you're just as bad as the guy who named his Char Thief Blackiechan cause he was coloured black and you wanted him to be all kung-fu like, except, he gets by with a 3 days ban, not as hard as you. Don't worry though, your crimes are up in the league with the botters, the ones that has the computer playing for them and getting the same rewards as you, as well as.... Oh wait. 72h ban on those guys too. Well, tough shit.

Watch the video, listen to him, get your pathetic fanboyism in check and reply again.

Edit: Check the part where ArenaNet decide to tell the world that his account is suspended before even contacting him. I could swear that's breaking the ToS. Would expect a lawsuit after that move, less things have had one in the US if I'm not misstaken?
    Lol man you are a hopeless buffoon I'm going to get an infraction for it but ahah it needs to be said.
    Mod that will cast on the infraction upon me please take the time to read the pile of bullcrap this idiot posted and please do the right thing and permaban him like our friend at anet did with that other douchebag.

Man I'd like to answer your post in a more constructive way but really, wouldn't know where to start.
    Nitpicking, fact twisting, exaggerating, lying.
    What can I say. Probably the worst single post I have ever seen on any forum of any topic ever.
    Not even sky news twist facts like you did there I am speechless. You really are a lost cause.

Sorry to derail thread, I wanted to get an idea on gw2 and I stumble upon the video, did take the time to see the video and look around the net for some facts and after seeing this clown's post had to reply.

Back on track peeps.

15+ Year Old Account
    The problem lies with people who are expecting "so much more" every time. It's been that way with every (over-)hyped game. You can never meet the expectations of hyped people because they have used the least amount of ratio in their decision to buy the game and are most likely polarized around their own misguided standpoint. That will usually lead to them rating with their guts and slamming the game harder than needed. The game itself might not be bad at all but if you expected too much then you are going to be burned out before you even sort of finish your first trip. That will lead to frustration because the game is over before it begun, it will never satisfy you because your bar is set too high, thus you will feel like having wasted money, emotions and energy for anticipation. Like a waste of lifetime.

Therefore and I have said this with every MMO/hyped game a few key things to remember:
    - developers will never say "Our game will suck!" or "Our game will be mildly entertaining.". They will always add glitter to the gold.

- all huge games especially MMOs will 'suck' at start and have things not working out as planned. The key is whether the base design is sound or not.

- there will never be a game or MMO which doesn't rely on established principles - same as you will never have a table without legs or tabletop. The key is whether the (re)presentation and the formula used is actually appealing to you.

- every minute you overspend in a new game is making it unlikely being the game you will play in the long run and make you burn out fast. Especially MMOs even content-rich ones are usually not having enough for you to play 'like mad' ad infinitum.

- games will be games and it's better to appeal to a group than to appeal to effectively noone. Therefore there will be games which you won't like which is fine. Doesn't mean the game is bad. It's just not your type of game. Similar when you're going to a movie and then walk out in disappointment.

- by now most innovations in game design are already made so every new game praising innovation will not give you as much innovation as a game which got praised for the same 20 years ago. However not all formulae have been discovered yet. Therefore expecting something completely new is unrealistic. Expect 75% old and 25% new-ish. But you may find out design formula used which actually appeals to you.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

10+ Year Old Account
    Play and find out. If you don't bother to play a game because other people gave their opinion on it then you will rarely be happy playing video games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    For me a game without a free trial version is a game that knows it might suck for a big chunk of those trying it. So I just stay away from such things, I better throw the money in the toilet than spend it on a game I play for 2 days
    Do you apply this logic to all games? You must...well...not have a very big game collection.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    If the price of the game means nothing to you, get it. If it's not "nothing", then try the free trial version. If there is no free trial version, ask yourself why such a great game does not have a free trial version, because it's obvious no one would stop playing if the game is great

For me a game without a free trial version is a game that knows it might suck for a big chunk of those trying it. So I just stay away from such things, I better throw the money in the toilet than spend it on a game I play for 2 days

It has, but that's not the point of this thread.
    Most games dosnt have a free trial when it starts up.
    The free trial will come, but i feel 1 week after release is abit early for them to release one.
    In swtor it took like a month or something before it came out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    - there will never be a game or MMO which doesn't rely on established principles - same as you will never have a table without legs or tabletop. The key is whether the (re)presentation and the formula used is actually appealing to you.

Very slight correction: games or MMOs who do not rely on established principles take a huge risk. They may be in for a cash cow, or more likely they might flop entirely - which is, while they exist, you very rarely hear about those kind of MMOs.

So is Guild Wars 2 a bad game? Simple answer no.

This was a stupid question anyway tbh, I wont be buying it as I personally prefer wow however for something to be called a bad game it really must be doing a lot if not all things wrong. You only have to go to the GW2 forums on this site to see it has many players enjoying it so why did we even have this thread?
    Keeping everyone happy is impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    At first, i was a little bored and disappointed, but after a bit of playing up to level 20, gw2 is showing his full potential. Now i can't wait to play (@ work atm).

gw2 is amazing!

Deleted
    Almost every review iv seen (from reliable sources) has been very positive, the only hate get is from people who probably don't even have the game and play a rival mmo.

10+ Year Old Account
    See, that's the problem. You say people complain about how they "expected so much more"... And that's the problem! You can't expect so much more from a game. It's called being hyped up. And then getting disappointed when you realize the devs are just human.

Second thing is this thing I hate most: "Its the lack of positive attitude on this forum thats dragging me down on wanting to buy this game."

Are you really that pathetic to decide whether you buy a game or not simply judging on what others think? If they told you jumping off a bridge is awesome, would you do it? I mean, that's what your parents teach you when you're 5 years old....

Deleted
    Takes some hours to get into the game but after that the game is just amazing.... best invested money in a while, my wow sub died finally and never looking back again.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's an amazing game worth every coin, nuff said
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Quote Originally Posted by xizzu View Post
    No major mmo has a trial at the start. WoW didnt have trial, tor didnt have a trial. Not having a trial is not an indicator of whether the game is good or bad.
    It is to me and anyone with a brain. If the game is awesome there is no reason to not continue playing. Simple as that, the rest is just excuses. Not having a free trial means the producers want to cash in as much money as they can even if some or many people will hate it. I don't care no game has one at launch, that only means all companies want the same thing (AS MUCH MONEY AS POSSIBLE REGARDLESS OF THE PLAYERS FEELINGS), I'm saying that if someone is not decided and 60 bucks mean something they should just wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshrag View Post
    Takes some hours to get into the game but after that the game is just amazing.... best invested money in a while, my wow sub died finally and never looking back again.
    I think I saw about 3 billion such statements through Warhammer / Aion / SWTOR and now this. They came back, really. Please never say "never", it's stupid, in any context, not only games related. If you really want to say that, think about it more than 20 seconds
    Last edited by Mosotti; 2012-09-10 at 09:47 AM.

Deleted
    it's good game with bad endgame.

Deleted
    Quote: I think I saw about 3 billion such statements through Warhammer / Aion / SWTOR and now this. They came back, really. Please never say "never", it's stupid, in any context, not only games related. If you really want to say that, think about it more than 20 seconds
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________

I played 7 years wow since vanilla, I saw and archieved mostly everything there, from top 100 eu hc raiding to casual boredome ..... my wow sub died 5 month ago, GW2 is exact the game i was looking for.

I remember when I was a kid we went out and played and had fun. We didn't accomplish anything at the end of the day but some how we had fun. I feel this way in GW2 and it is refreshing. Today we spent about 2 hours in the PvP jumping puzzle instance, we got to the end in 15 minutes and then spent the rest just doing completely random shit. We PvP'd, set traps, knocked people off cliffs, got lost, helped people... and we never got karma or gold or anything.. we just spent the time having fun like Tauren Mill PvP used to be like, this game is ridiculously good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    it's good game with bad endgame.
    What is good endgame? Farming dailies and raids over and over for months like WoW?

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Game is fantastic. Really enjoying it over all as is all my guild. Did the first dungeon this weekend and had a blast. Fun and challenging but not overly so.

Forums are cesspools for biter angry gamers who only find enjoyment by doing their very best to suck any and all enjoyment out of any game from its audience. Looking for mostly positive feedback on any forum these days about any game is like looking for a pot of gold and the end of a rainbow.
    Last edited by Vexies; 2012-09-10 at 10:58 AM.

I have a pretty large library of MMO's that I play, it goes something like this:

WoW is my main game, I do take breaks more frequently now-days for weeks at a time, but usually I'll do my dailies at the very least 4 or so times a week when I'm active.
    1 other game that I play atleast once a week.
    2 other games that are my "goto" games when I take more than a month break from WoW.
    and about 5 other games that I keep tabs on and may play here and there (major patches, D3, LoL).

Aside from Diablo 3 and LoL, all of these games are MMOs and I have up to 8 years invested in some (before WoW even came out).

Guild Wars 2 is a good game, but it will find itself in the "1 other game that I play atleast once a week." pile, bringing that up to 2. I'm enjoying it a lot, especially since I have someone to play it with, but in my opinion it was over-hyped. I wasn't let down because quite frankly, after D3's let down, I knew better than to get too excited over it. I even waited a week to buy it after release.

I don't find myself wanting to play it 24/7, but if I get into a new zone it will quickly be 6am before I realize that I need to go to bed. This may change at higher levels (I'm 43) when I start trying to make end game gear, but I think for the most part - like many other games I play, once I hit max level, I'll just have a random craving to play it a few times a week - not everyday. That isn't a bad thing though, I tend to enjoy the games I play a little less frequently more than WoW - even though I play WoW more. I do see myself playing it for a long time.

Hope that all made sense ^_^

Overall I'll give it 4 stars.. not 5, because it looks better on my boyfriends computer than my expensive!!! laptop > I know what I'm missing out on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    What is good endgame? Farming dailies and raids over and over for months like WoW?
    and what's better, farming Dynamic Events over ond over?
    WoW at least got some slower progression (still don't have my shield after many months of DS), some reason to do it every week. In GW 2 i found myself bored 2 days after hitting 80, there's no reason to continue playing, since I just need some gold to buy best gear avialable.