got a prob finding my first map

hi
    i was getting to know my map (human )

then i tried a wvsw it cam with a new map

i dont like it . i want to go back to my first map how to ^

sadly i dont remember the server , is it a waste cause^

10+ Year Old Account
    Took my a couple of times to read it properly but, if it's what i think it is, press 'h' then click pvp, then click go to the mists, then go through the portal to lions arch, then press 'm' then teleport to the waypoint in the human zone.

Yep it's fun not having a hearthstone type ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Took my a couple of times to read it properly but, if it's what i think it is, press 'h' then click pvp, then click go to the mists, then go through the portal to lions arch, then press 'm' then teleport to the waypoint in the human zone.

Actually the Mists is exactly like what WoWs hearthstone would be since most people in WoW the first thing they do (or did until recently) on an alt is set their hearth to a capitol city hub like Shattrath or Dalaran where... the only difference here is that your "hearth" goes to a similar place but has 0 CD and takes no item space but can only be set to a capitol city hub and no where else.

Since there are no "quest hubs" in the game the Mists is exactly like a no CD hearthstone since you never have to return to a quest giver (personal story aside).

But that point aside, yes pressing "h" clicking on the PvP tab, walking through the portal to Lions Arch and then going to the PvE set of portals to the 5 capitol cities is the easiest and fastest way to hop between starting areas... once you pick up the WP near the PvE portals and the WPs near the exits of the capitol cities it takes but a matter of a few seconds to get to and out of any capitol city at no cost since "In town" way points cost 0c to travel two when your already in town.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who needs a hearthstone when you can port where you need to go? O_o

It's like having a hearthstone for every single hearth in WoW at the same time.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

There isn't a need for a heartstone. That's an out of date mechanic comparatively. It is accurate to say some players do not understand how to travel in GW2.

There is one button, with no cooldown or cost, that instantly transports to the lobby/hub city. That hub city connects to every major racial city. And by extension, every racial zone. "Pressing M" in Lion's Arch to get to the human zone is not needed.

Understand how the game functions.

Deleted
    Why would you need a hearthstone when you can teleport practically anywhere in the world where you been before?

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    There is one button, with no cooldown or cost, that instantly transports to the lobby/hub city. That hub city connects to every major racial city. And by extension, every racial zone. "Pressing M" in Lion's Arch to get to the human zone is not needed.

Understand how the game functions.
    Pressing M in Lion's Arch might not be 'needed' but its still faster and more efficient than walking through a portal and THEN pressing M to waypoint to the waypoint within human zone you actually want to go. There isn't much directly beside the human side of the portal that you would want to be exactly there, and not at some waypoint. Unless you really just want to stare at the human side of that portal >,>.

Quote Originally Posted by openair View Post
    Pressing M in Lion's Arch might not be 'needed' but its still faster and more efficient than walking through a portal and THEN pressing M to waypoint to the waypoint within human zone you actually want to go. There isn't much directly beside the human side of the portal that you would want to be exactly there, and not at some waypoint. Unless you really just want to stare at the human side of that portal >,>.
    Depends on where you want to go actually. Two waypoint hops from LA entry point gets you at the gates of Queensdale. So it isn't strictly needed unless you wish to get to a specific waypoint in the zone. The OP indicated nonesuch.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-09-08 at 11:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    As a last note, we don't close threads because they have been "answered". Defensive and insulting attitude, not needed.[COLOR="red"]
    It was the 'Understand how the game functions. ' comment at the end that just seemed smug that ticked me off, a couple of mins later i deleted my post as i realised it was a bit over the top, but you must have started replying by the time i did it, there was no reply to my post at the time i deleted :/

Apologies, Soldito. I stepped away from the laptop.