Gets more satisfying as you level up

I don't know if it's me but it feels like the game is getting more intense and the events a little more difficult as you level. I got in a few very intense fights with other players and it was very satisfying. I started to feel this around level 40.

Does anyone else feel like the game gets progressively tougher, more serious and intense as you level up ?

15+ Year Old Account
    The zones got prettier I must say, but as my class got more and more powers, the events started to get easier for me. Veterans went down just as easy and fast as a regular mob, champion, I'm not ready to solo those, too much time.

Yeah, Definitely feeling it. Now that I got a hang of things I like the feeling of power, Understanding when you can go in guns blazing and when it is time to gtfo. I like how you get in the zone at high level zones it takes time to kill things but if you understand what you are doing you can still solo packs down, you feel powered yet not overpowered,a few mistakes and you can get yourself chain dazed/stuned/snared to death quite easily.

I've recently went back to starting area to level with a friend, I've felt like an immortal god even scaled down to level 5. Just for comparison for people who would claim that it's due to poor scaling. My attack was 222 my friend had 228, he was struggling if he'd pull two mobs I pulled everything I could see and chop it down.

Deleted
    Being 80, tougher ? Not really. Everything is still pretty easy, the only sad thing is that wanting to get somewhere is extremely time consuming which is something i wasn't expecting from Guild Wars 2 seeing as everyone told me it's a casual game, so i'm slightly dissapointed. The exporable instances at level 80 aren't really tough but you can tell it was never tested properly since mobs 1 shot anyone with attacks you cannot avoid and even if you do press dodge it'll still kill you in one hit right after that creating a huge zerg vest which after playing PvP, i think was meant to be sadly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookeh View Post
    Being 80, tougher ? Not really. Everything is still pretty easy, the only sad thing is that wanting to get somewhere is extremely time consuming which is something i wasn't expecting from Guild Wars 2 seeing as everyone told me it's a casual game, so i'm slightly dissapointed. The exporable instances at level 80 aren't really tough but you can tell it was never tested properly since mobs 1 shot anyone with attacks you cannot avoid and even if you do press dodge it'll still kill you in one hit right after that creating a huge zerg vest which after playing PvP, i think was meant to be sadly.
    Here we go again, the whole "OH PVP ZERGZ EZ GAEM", that's 'cuz you play that wrong sir, you can call SC2 a newbie game just because you cheese all day long, it's up to you to see bellow the whole jungle of apes around there, go and play a sPvP against top notch players that have been studying the game, it's a different world.

Sadly I dinged to 80, I wanted more levels! still have got lots and lots of content to do, just explored 50% of the map and i'm missing some dungeons/explorables/crafting/jumping puzzles and trying new professions (oh and finishing the storyline D:!), what I like of the "endgame Orr" is how difficulty scales quite much, before Orr i was like "blergh just more of the same stuff i can do with no hands", when you reach there is like "omg where's mah group" it's kind of scary, probably because of the high ammounts of creatures that are spawned (maybe a-net should get a hand on it? idk, some people seem to dislike it, others seem to like it)

Deleted
    yeah I felt like game gets better the higher level you are. Sadly Orr, the lvl 80 zone is biggest letdown in the game (yeah yeah fanboys, I know,- for me)
    I would prefer to stand in Stormwind all day and queue for dungeons (which sucks), then spent time in Orr, and this is basicly your endgame, doing DE's there.
    Anyone remember all this videos every fanboy posted in threads like "there is no endgame" with devs talking about Orr? yeah I do, so don't tell me now it's not endgame they wanted us to do.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    yeah I felt like game gets better the higher level you are. Sadly Orr, the lvl 80 zone is biggest letdown in the game (yeah yeah fanboys, I know,- for me)
    I would prefer to stand in Stormwind all day and queue for dungeons (which sucks), then spent time in Orr, and this is basicly your endgame, doing DE's there.
    Anyone remember all this videos every fanboy posted in threads like "there is no endgame" with devs talking about Orr? yeah I do, so don't tell me now it's not endgame they wanted us to do.
    How are the god temples?

Deleted
    Definetely, gets alot better too

It really felt better after 50 or so, more dynamic events and more chains.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.