Thread: MoP Rotation

MoP Rotation

Hey there fellow thunderchickens!

So, my guild recently asked me to switch to boomkin in Mists... a spec I haven't played since ICC.

So, I've read up on icy-veins and stuff and I've got a general idea for rotation but I have a couple of questions:

1.) How should i start the fight?
    2.) What're my main CD's and how should I be using them? (also when?)
    3.) Do I use both dots or just the ecplipsed one?
    4.) When should i refresh dots?

Pretty much any other advice for a newby boomy

Thanks guys!

-astral communion to 25 energy from lunar
    -pot
    -starfall
    -wrath
    -incarnation
    - moonfire, sunfire
    -starfires
    -starfall again before reaching zero lunar
    -celestial alignment
    -moonfire
    -starfall when it wears off
    -moonfire again before celestial alignment wears off
    -starfire to solar
    -let moonfire run out, refresh sunfire while eclipsed, before incarnation ends
    -wrath to lunar
    -starfall
    -moonfire, sunfire when it expires
    - starfire to solar
    -clip uneclipsed sunfire with eclipsed sunfire
    -repeat

use starsurge and starsurge procs on cd unless 1 cast away from eclipse, then use it as soon as you enter eclipse
    save 2nd cooldowns and pot for bloodlust (unless the fight is longer than 9 minutes then use them as soon as they come up)
    keep eclipsed dot uptime high, even if it means clipping. dont clip if you have 7+ seconds on a dot before exiting eclipse

im a bis moonkin at 85, using this strategy i burst for 90-95k at the start of a fight, and usually end at around 50 barring tons of movement and stuff like that. i honestly have no clue if im doing it right and have a strong suspicion that my dot strategy is wrong somewhere... but it keeps me competitive in my raid and thats all i care too much about atm.

at higher levels of haste i can see sotf being viable if you can blast through cycles, extending dots via super high crit and only refresh one dot on entering eclipse. i dont see this happening until heroic t15 though
    Last edited by crunk; 2012-09-09 at 11:12 AM.