Thread: Odd Audio Bug

15+ Year Old Account

Odd Audio Bug

This happened to me twice yesterday. What occurred was quite strange, the sound in guild wars 2 cut out and was replaced by some kind of whining siren rhythmically increasing and then decreasing in intensity, the second time it occurred GW2 crashed and I had to end GW2's process to stop the noise. At first I thought it was skype but I think the culprit has something to do with too many sounds at once as the 2 times it occurred involved over 50 people all AoEing, the first being with the Shatterer and the second being in WvW. My only guess is the game can't handle it or something, I have all settings in GW2 on max including sound settings and it isn't my hardware that is at fault as it's more than enough for GW2 and has not caused troubles elsewhere.

Not really a major issue, just requires me to close the game but I'm curious if this has occurred with anyone else?

Change buffer to most stable instead of lowest latencty / inbetween.

Same thing happened to me, during the Jormag fight.
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KevyB View Post
    Change buffer to most stable instead of lowest latencty / inbetween.
    Does it affect gameplay at all besides preventing the bug?

Lower audio quality to one step from highest. Fixed it for me.

had the same problem and it seems to work fine after i set audio to most stable instead of less latency setting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Audio quality fixed for me. It's just horrible when happens, expecially during a big event or a chain where you have to stay.