Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Jumping Puzzle Rewards

Am I the only one thinking that jumping puzzles don't give amazing enough rewards, for how hard/frustrating some of them can be? O_o

Sometimes I get crap I can't even equip! I'd be happy if I was guaranteed items I could equip (for my level), or maybe unidentified dyes at least.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-09-08 at 07:24 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Am I the only one thinking that jumping puzzles don't give amazing enough rewards, for how hard/frustrating some of them can be? O_o

Sometimes I get crap I can't even equip!
    i personally find jumping puzzles extremely simple to find, and complete and as such find the rewards appropriate, i have harder times doing jumping puzzles that don't actually exist then doing the ones that do lol... I really need to stop looking at everything and seeing the clear paths to everywhere... i must've sent anet 20 ways of how to get to areas you are not supposed to be at...

PS: Did you know their caves are not full on caves but are actually giant trees laying on their side? Not joking!! they use like tree models and just have giant tubes that you go through it's not actually in a mountain or anything!! It's amazing what you find out when you shatter the illusions...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account

Sometimes I get crap I can't even equip! I'd be happy if I was guaranteed items I could equip (for my level), or maybe unidentified dyes at least.
    I knew there was jumping puzzles but they give stuff?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flalia4 View Post
    I knew there was jumping puzzles but they give stuff?
    Mostly random blues of either area level or your level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lashmoo View Post
    Mostly random blues of either area level or your level.
    it's your level
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted

Reward is fun and sense of accomplishment, that is enough.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    it's your level
    Not all the time though, the longer one's usually give rewards your level.

Also no I don't think the rewards suck, before you open it equip your "Magic find" set and open the chest, sometimes get a yellow during my daily Sharkmaw Caverns run.

Sometimes, just completing a puzzle is a reward in itself...
    SW:TOR - Jedi Covenant (US East) Lvl 50 Toons: Akie (Ptech) / Rellyn (Sorc) / Raelor (Mara), Miya (Op) / Reirin (Sage)
    League of Legends - NA Server - Elrendor
    Guild Wars 2 - Sorrow's Furnace (NA) - Ryn Firestorm / Akee Bloodbringer

I feel rewarded just completing them.

Deleted
    I went through an incredibly long and difficult one just to get a skill point and a vista. It was pretty rewarding.

Deleted
    I'd love if you got a weapon unique to the puzzle

Deleted
    I also think it depends a lot on your skill and how much you've practiced, I am pretty awful at jumping puzzles, I mean, some I just can't do because I'd be throwing my PC out of the window before I got to the end. That's because I'm bad, not because the puzzles are hard, because I have friends who can complete them first try. So you're going to get people who think that they're very easy, in which case the rewards are more than adequate, and at the other end of the spectrum people who will find them next to impossible in which case the rewards may never be worth it. You can't really win. I think the rewards are probably okay, I mean, if you made the rewards super awesome then people would feel like doing them was mandatory. As it is they're fun and you don't feel forced to do one to get some gear - if you get frustrated and can't do one you know it's not the end of the world.

Deleted
    Well jumping puzzles are there more for people who like to explore stuff, find new cool things, the rewards are just a bonus. I like to explore them

---------- Post added 2012-09-08 at 01:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    PS: Did you know their caves are not full on caves but are actually giant trees laying on their side? Not joking!! they use like tree models and just have giant tubes that you go through it's not actually in a mountain or anything!! It's amazing what you find out when you shatter the illusions...
    haha, that's a creative use of giant trees I guess

If the rewards were good enough to tempt people into doing the platforming, then people who dislike platforming will be tempted to do them. They will then proceed to get horribly frustrated and rage publicly.

Rewards for these niche things should never be too good. If you like doing the jumping puzzles, you get a small bonus. If you don't like doing them, then don't do them. Personally, I feel they're fine as is, but I haven't done any of the really hard ones.

Sadly, it doesn't seem like ANYTHING gives decent loot in the form of drops. You have to earn basically everything through gold/karma. At least GW1 had 'boss' weapons that only certain elites dropped, which gave them a good sense of unique-ness.

Deleted
    I thought I was good at jumping puzzles until I got to the Eternal Battlegrounds one, it took me between 1 and 2 hours to complete. What did I get for completing it? Some useless shit. Yes I agree some of the jumping puzzles should give better loot, the easy ones can keep their shit loot but the one in metrica province and the one in eternal battlegrounds (and probably a few others) needs to give much better loot.

Deleted
    At level 80 you can do them to get nice items, that you can put to mystic forge to get other nice items. ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    The rewards scale my level 80 thief friend got a 80 exotic shoulder piece from one of the 5 we did yesterday I forgot which one but it was in a lower level zone.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've only attempted two jumping puzzles so far (not counting jumping puzzles to vistas)... Morgan's Spiral, and the one immediately after that in the Nightmare area. If I never have to deal with that Nightmare area again, it would be too soon.
    You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I feel rewarded just completing them.
    This. Especially since gear isn't important in this game, as everyone says.