Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post
    Off-topic
    Derailing

This isn't the place for your petty little rant.
    Maybe, but edge already went so far as to not only call me a douche, but edit it into one of my posts, so that I was unable to report his comment directly.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by schippie View Post
    Anyways it was to be expected, its common knowledge its not easy for people to have multitude of passwords. Which is understandable, most will have one password or maybe iterations of the same password.
    It's not at all understandable. Expected, sure... but it's no more understandable than someone who doesn't wear their seat belt while driving 80 down the freeway. Sure, you expect some people will do it, but there's nothing understandable about it.

In AION you got to login twice. The second time you have to enter in a 8 digit number PIN.

WoW you can use a MOBILE authenticator.

GW2 doesn't have it.

10+ Year Old Account
    And several thousand others banned for the stupidest fucking reason. (including me.... 3 days for telling someone to "lick my nads" jokingly is outrageous....)
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganagati View Post
    It's not at all understandable. Expected, sure... but it's no more understandable than someone who doesn't wear their seat belt while driving 80 down the freeway. Sure, you expect some people will do it, but there's nothing understandable about it.
    That comparison is just silly. You cant expect somebody keep a list of what 200.. 300 sites you now a days sign up to? Why do you think facebook/twitter OpenID sign ups are becoming so popular? Since almost nobody uses a different password for every single site. You arent going to use a different mobile phone number for every single friend are you?

People are simply not able to remember that and when they cant remember it, it becomes a annoyance to have to look it up. So people rather opt for a iteration and hardly ever have two unique passwords.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    And several thousand others banned for the stupidest fucking reason. (including me.... 3 days for telling someone to "lick my nads" jokingly is outrageous....)
    Lol, I need to watch my mouth, I say wayy worse stuff but I haven't had a ban yet, I'd probably cry if I did

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    ^this

Sounds like 11,000 accounts that very much deserved to be hacked.
    No one really deserves to be hacked, yes some people have been stupid and fall for emails that arent official or click in bad links
    But i find it a really poor attitude you have if you think people deserve this.... its downright low.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganagati View Post
    That's not even close to this situation.

Now, if she had walked down a road called "Rape Lane", in "Rapeville" with signs over every entrance with HUGE letters, in multiple languages, stating "YOU WILL BE RAPED IF YOU TALK DOWN THIS ROAD. PLEASE TAKE THIS OTHER, MUCH SAFER BUT MILDLY MORE INCONVENIENT ROUTE INSTEAD"... then yes, totally deserved.

ArenaNet said loud and clear in so many places that it started to get annoying to "Change your password. Do NOT use the same email and password combination that you have used ANYWHERE else". They wrote it EVERYWHERE. The loader. The website. The registration site. There is only so much you can do to protect your players, but at the end of the day you can't protect them from themselves. If somoene honestly read even 1 of those warnings and did it anyway, they were practically screaming to every hacker out there "COME AT ME, BRO". :-P

Note that it's not just fan sites that lost people's emails and passwords. A large portion of the top MMOs by this point have all been hacked (Almost every sony game, WoW just a few months ago, Rift just a few months ago, Champions online just a few months ago... and those are the ones I know of). If you are using the same password/email combination as any of those, you can be pretty sure something bad is coming your way.
    Good job completely missing the point and dwelling on a trivial detail in one of multiple analogies.

I <3 the interwebs

---------- Post added 2012-09-09 at 09:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    None of those are the same thing, in the least..
    Very egotistical and a sense of denial. If you ever need therapy don't pay for it, I got you covered bro.

My point still stands and it's the correct one fyi. Notice how nobody in this thread agrees with you..that's your first clue. When a thread goes on for 7 pages of people telling you how dumb and wrong your comment is most people would step back and say "hey, maybe I'm actually wrong!"
    Last edited by iCandy; 2012-09-10 at 01:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread should have been closed a long time ago.

If you want to talk about mod behavior please PM Sunshine or Bibi directly. Thanks.