Crafting disciplines - for which one's products there is the highest demand?

So, I am wondering, for which of crafting discipline's products there is the highest demand?
    I was considering cooking as a great way, according to this chart: http://www.airbornegamer.com/2012/08...ars-2-economy/ it looked like a gold maker because of low competition. In the end, it seems that cooking products which deliver long-term bonuses aint that popular
    so my question is: what sells most? Some will probably say: the best weapons and armors.

Also, whole auction interface does not allow to clearly see how many sell orders and buy orders are for what, I am still confused while browsing it, eh.

I agree the TP interface needs some work as while the information is there its spread out and counterintuitive to find at times. If you want to see the buy/sell orders you need to actualy do a search as if you wanted to buy more of an item. By default you see the list of items already posted but you can click place custom order to flip it over to the buy orders list and see them there.

Right now there does not appear to be any significant money to be made below max level in crafting. The market is quite literaly flooded with both drops and items from folks skililng up crafts. many times these items have been undercut so many times that they are down to the vendor price and well below the value of the materials that went into them.

At max level you can probably make money on any equipment as there are not that many 400 level crafters by comparison and maxed out gear is comparitivly rare from drops.

Who is John Galt?

Deleted
    I was considering going for the least popular professions as well! Not really sure though, think it will be a good move.

Deleted
    Jewelers are in most demand, for the simple fact that everyone needs them.

However, there are a lot of jewelers, so supply is also high.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a jeweler and tailor at level 50, I have not sold a single thing on the TP due to 99% of what I make already being offered at 1c above vendor price. But I do make a lot of nice things I can use!
    Tarnished Coast [CRZY]
    Kumorii - 80 Mesmer
    Chärity - 80 Guardian
    Calinë - 80 Elementalist

As a level 400 artificer I can attest to the fact that your shiny exotic final products will be selling for far less than the cost of the mats used... I assume nearly every other profession is the same way due to the combination of a global market and a lot of dumb people.

Speaking of dumb people, 9 out of 10 things I try to sell are 1c above the NPC price, with a 5-10c listing fee.

OT: As an Armorsmith lv250, an Artificer lv175, a Tailor lv175, a Jeweler lv275, and a Weaponsmith lv250, there has been absolutely 0 profit from crafting. I expected as much though. I doubt crafting will ever be a significant source of income, since reaching lv400 isn't exactly an amazing feat.

I would guess, long term, that cooking will be the most profitable, since food is the only thing you really need to replace regularly. Make some Magic Find food, charge a reasonable price, watch the profits roll in.

If cooks aren't making any money now it's because they're charging too much for their food.

Quote Originally Posted by Gisei View Post
    Speaking of dumb people, 9 out of 10 things I try to sell are 1c above the NPC price, with a 5-10c listing fee.

OT: As an Armorsmith lv250, an Artificer lv175, a Tailor lv175, a Jeweler lv275, and a Weaponsmith lv250, there has been absolutely 0 profit from crafting. I expected as much though. I doubt crafting will ever be a significant source of income, since reaching lv400 isn't exactly an amazing feat.
    I see this all the time. Take away the listing fee and the 10% buy fee and you are losing crazy money. Just unload it at the vendor. Or mark it up so everyone else follows suit and start creating some money flow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Too much? You can stock up on almost any food you want for 1-2 copper each right now.
    Went to the trading post yesterday to get some Magic Find food, the cheapest available was over 3 silver per item. That's quite a lot of money for food. That's why no one was buying it.

Haven't checked today. I would like to find food for 1-2 copper each.