Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The world looks handcrafted and absolutely beautiful and truly a work of art compared to other games I've played. Combat is decent.

The rest of it...meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    No subscription fee.

Reasonably challenging. Not too tough that could make you feel miserable, not too easy that could make it boring.
    And jumping puzzles FTW!

Lots and lots of exploration.
    They know how to milk the cow.

The downed state..Nah just kidding that shit is terrible.
    The world is beautiful and the events can be pretty fun while just exploring.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

10+ Year Old Account
    its free about all i can come up with although i did actually enjoy the jumping puzzles even if the rewards were terrible vistas, i dont tneed a game to tell me where to explore to get a good view let alone a lame cinematic. bt yeah they were fun so thats the reward i guess.

The world of Tyria first of all is just beautiful.Sometimes I just stop and admire the world around me while taking in the sounds.I am not going to rush through this game.
    I love the personal story and the dynamic quests.Amazing how many people I have met and become friends with.
    Crafting of course and collecting dyes.

What I am also looking forward to is the holiday events.Can't wait for those.

Arenanet has not let me down and I will be playing Guild Wars 2 for a long time.
    "Chaos boils in my veins."

Exploration. I always felt like there was no need to explore in games such as WoW, unless you were trying to uncover an area of your map. In this game, you want to explore everything just incase you start a dynamic event, or find that zones jumping puzzle (which are often fiendishly well hidden away).

I would have said WvW but the current system of daily rebalances sucks. Once they settle down into the 2 week plan, Ill be a lot happier.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Fresh new game
    2) No subs, which in turn leads to no damages if you don`t play all day, which in turn leads to no pressure on playing daily or getting left behind in terms of gear, which in turn leads to happy/pressure-free gaming, which in turn leads to peace of mind and fun, which in turn leads to me being happy irl, which in turn leads to everyone around me being happy, which in turn leads to me getting fatter every day; i gotta diet now.

Either no sub fee...

Or because I can sort of play at my own pace. When I feel like PvPing, I just go into the Mist and I get boosted up to 80 and put into an even playing field (generally). Then I can just go back to leveling and the story in PvE. Being rewarded (or, at least, encouraged) to go my own pace is awesome, instead of rushing to max level so the game can actually begin.

Small summary, but I could honestly write a book. For the record I don't have a high level character yet, i've tried 5 prof's so far with eng (lvl 28) being my highest and favorite thus far.
    Visuals. It is absolutely amazing from the character animations to the scenery... just beautiful
    Combat in GW2 is the best mesh of hotbar and action combat I've ever played - effing love it
    PVP - each aspect of it is extremely balanced in its own way and captivating.
    Story - While it doesnt have that Skyrim "i'm going to conquer everything and win" feel, it does give you a sense of realistic story - in the sense that in a world this big your story will be yours, however it will most likely have little relevance to the overall events occuring in the world.

I'm hoping it only gets better as I progress!!

Most? Probably a toss up between getting out and seeing it all, or the level scaling that happens in both pvp and pve.

Hard to pick just one thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Need to add WvW. PvP on such a large scale with siege weapons and keeps thrown in? Its like the RvR from WAR but better.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

The world. This is easily the most realized world space in any MMO I've played (WoW, Rift and SWTOR). Exploration in this game is actually cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huge,beautiful,lively world,the exploration of new zones and also the dungeon is beautiful and well designed.

Speaking of discovery,funny thing happened to me while exploring this one cave in Sparkfly Fen zone.I found this suspiciously looking cave and decided to venture forth exploring it.It filled with usual mobs such as spiders,grubs and some giant mosquitoes.

And after halfway through the cave,i found this opening on the right side of the cave and voila there's a rich platinum ore node sitting there waiting as a reward for an adventurous explorer like me.

When i started to mine the node,all of a sudden i heard some weird noise from behind and behold a Champion spider broodmother queen started to pound me hard from behind.I ran outta there as fast i can and saw the spider queen is being attacked by other mobs in the cave (due to her AOE poison thingy) and she mowed all of them while i made my escape from the cave.

It was a hilarious moment for me in the game.(sorry for the poor english)
    Last edited by athlonmax; 2012-09-10 at 08:47 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    its free about all i can come up with although i did actually enjoy the jumping puzzles even if the rewards were terrible vistas, i dont tneed a game to tell me where to explore to get a good view let alone a lame cinematic. bt yeah they were fun so thats the reward i guess.
    Wow, you really are a depressing person you know.

Vistas are basically the devs going 'come look at this, it's really cool, I made that, come on' it show me ow proud they are of their work, which is how it should be. They are there to encourage you to go see the amazing zones, and get a mini jump puzzle too in some cases. I think it's marvellous, its not about imba rewards, or progression, it's about enjoying the game world for its own sale.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tlacoatl View Post
    Wow, you really are a depressing person you know.

Vistas are basically the devs going 'come look at this, it's really cool, I made that, come on' it show me ow proud they are of their work, which is how it should be. They are there to encourage you to go see the amazing zones, and get a mini jump puzzle too in some cases. I think it's marvellous, its not about imba rewards, or progression, it's about enjoying the game world for its own sale.
    I am depressing, I didnt like the cinematics I should go kill myself. Now you on the other hand think they are marvellous and are therefore correct and a much happier person.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I am depressing, I didnt like the cinematics I should go kill myself. Now you on the other hand think they are marvellous and are therefore correct and a much happier person.

no, in a thread about positive things you hand out back handed grudging postivies as a way of being negative. there iis another thread for that, use it.

For me:

1. World
    2. Dynamic events
    3: Level scaling
    4. Playing with players from other servers
    5. No subscription fee

---------- Post added 2012-09-10 at 01:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    The world. This is easily the most realized world space in any MMO I've played (WoW, Rift and SWTOR). Exploration in this game is actually cool.
    I agree. Best world in any MMO so far for me.

The world and no sub fee. Looks like a lot of people agree with me. The world of GW2 is a lot more original and inspiring than a lot of other generic fantasy. I wish more games payed so much attention to detail and had such talented artists.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...