Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Do you need my email or something?

yeah, just PM it to me. (personal message = PM)
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2012-09-10 at 02:07 AM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    yeah, just PM it to me.
    Jokes on me, I don't have the required amount of posts for making a pm.

Since I'm not THAT paranoid I'm gonna post it anyway: JoshuaFaye94(A)gmailDOTcom

I already made an account but I haven't actually played yet. Do I have to create a new one for this to work? And what are the rewards for recruiting a new player?

Quote Originally Posted by Infernoplex View Post
    Jokes on me, I don't have the required amount of posts for making a pm.

Since I'm not THAT paranoid I'm gonna post it anyway: JoshuaFaye94(A)gmailDOTcom

I already made an account but I haven't actually played yet. Do I have to create a new one for this to work? And what are the rewards for recruiting a new player?
    I just sent you one. Let me know if that works.

You get an exp gain trinket, a title, some bonus items.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    You get an exp gain trinket, a title, some bonus items.
    Sounds reasonable. I got the invite. I have to download the client now though. Thank you very much

edit: Is there an option to chose playing in english from the getgo? I don't feel like playing in german and I don't feel like having to patch it later either.
    Last edited by mmoc2b384ccec0; 2012-09-10 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    I have no real problem with the game engine, and haven't experienced any of the unresponsiveness that a lot of people have said.
    Have to say I don't experience any degree of unresponsiveness, sluggishness or clumsy control in Rift. It's the smoothest and fastest MMO in the traditional style I ever played.

I went back to WoW for a month or two to see Cata's new zones last year. I liked them. But I felt WoW was so floaty and disconnected. Like nothing had solidity to it and the pace of combat was so slow... I loved what Blizz did with the game [the new zones & stuff] but playing it was not enjoyable.

When hear people talk about Rift's supposed "unresponsiveness" I have to think it is one of two factors: 1. Rift is not kind to less than top end PC systems. 2. Folks are used to the control schemes of other games.

Could be a combination of the two in all honesty. Seems to carry over to a number of newer MMOs as well. From SWTOR & Tera to TSW & GW2... common gripes. Don't think it is a coincidence it is often a contrast with Warcraft's particular style and familiarity with that control scheme.

I can spin my camera, dodge roll, fire off skills and stop on a dime in Tera, GW2 or Rift in a snap. Think it's the low ceiling WoW has- which isn't a bad thing. But surely is a different thing.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-09-10 at 03:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Rift was ok till the end game it was exactly the same as WoW's with the added raid rift other thna that it got boring real fast

I played Rift from day 1. Before day one really. I liked lots of things about it.

The graphics were more realistic than cartoony, and that was a nice break from WoW. The zones are HUGE. You have to choose to leave the zone with quests undone. Some of the mounts in the game were crazy. The turtle always reminded me of the GM Pacer (ok ok so I'm old!) And the rifts! Those were the best fun! The invasions were great during peak hours. Running around with your hair on fire, fighting the rifts and sometimes the Defiant. Talking to the Defiant led to some interesting conversations. You had to /say. No whispers or anything.

They also did some really cool community things. The 24 hour gaming marathon to benefit Extra Life was the coolest thing I'd ever done with a game. You had a weekend to get your 24 hours in - lets be real about the hazards of sitting on your bum for that long! lol You had to create a new toon on select realms. And the participants were given the option of joining the official guild sponsored by Trion or going on your own. The designers played with us, and set up games with prizes. I forget what they were since I was cursed with never winning a contest. But the rewards were unique titles and the like.

End game was eh. As were the dungeons. Lack of big cities was also rough. If you weren't in a big guild, it was hard to get a community feel. Leveling professions was terrible. At one point NPCs were selling dyes cheaper than you could make them. Not flying was a bummer, too, with those huge zones. I kept hoping those statues with wings meant we would fly someday. Achievements are what they are no matter what you play. As are quests. With so few zones, unless you changed factions, leveling a new toon was almost cookie cutter of your first one. I bought a new PC to be able to play (the old one needed to go anyway) and yet in the end, I left. You can always point a finger at Blizzard for something. They can't make everyone happy, especially something as big and complex as WoW. But overall, I found myself enjoying Rift less and less. What it boiled down to for me was its an MMO, just like WoW. And I had so much invested in Blizz for doing pretty much the same thing. So I went back to WoW after a year +/-. Played the MoP beta, and am excited to see Pandas.
    In God we trust...all others we track!

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    Also, in Rift it's easy to lose track of time with things, at least for me. For instance maybe I'm doing the daily raid rift with a group, and as we finish there's a zone event. So everyone takes the time out to do the zone event. Then, there's an Instant Adventure going on, that I join up with to farm more Attunement and Sourcestones. Boom, a couple of hours gone via a sidetrack, and what do you know i haven't even done many of my dailies.
    ^^^^THIS I'll agree that it is grindy like some have said but good lord, I sit down to knock out some dailies and I end up burning 4 hours away without realizing it. There's so much to do. You might be "grinding" ISS but you're actually able to play and not feel like you're grinding anything. My schedule doesn't allow me to raid but it doesn't matter because I've got tons of other things to keep me busy and enjoying the game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    Rift to me was a unpolished version of WoW, came back recently and got say a lot of great improvements but still WoW>Rift, maybe another few years.....
    "came back recently"

When? In which way is it unpolished? Please explain.

I am sincerely trying to understand when it has pretty much every feature of WoW bar Arena and many, many more.

Even simple quality of life things like AoE loot, "sell grey items", faction linked AH (as standard), not to mention Conquest, Instant Adventure, Chronicles, Dynamic Events - which WoW is gradually trying to copy. Not to mention - an artifact / archealogy system that actually works.

EDIT: Same faction PvE participation and also a huge Capital city are coming soon, in November, I believe. Some changes sooner. To the guy above me, flying mounts ruin world PvP - there are enough portals.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2012-09-10 at 05:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by polskifootballer View Post
    i have played wow on and off for 6 years now fully expiriencing pvp and pve. cata and especially mop turned me off from wow so i decided to switch to rift and i was wondering as a wow player what the rest of you switchees liked and disliked about rift.

personally i like rift more for its cool variety of armors, and interactive world and pvp. one thing i strongly disliked though were the capital cities. i was expecting massive beautiful capital cities where players would be running around interacting while epic music was playing, however this was not the case. compared to sw or ironforge it was lacking, especially in compariosn from divinities reach in gw2 i prejaculate every time i see it.

so do you guys agree/disagree with my views, or do you have any new ones of your own?
    While I agree with you on the Capital Cities, I have genuinely spent only enough time there to collect daily quests and level crafting. With Daily Raid Rifts, Daily Expert Rifts, Zone Invasions, Instant Adventures, Chronicles, Heroics, Conquest (Massive BG) and faction rep dailies I honestly don't do anything in capital cities but check the AH and log out for rest. My experience is anecdotal, but I always see far more players on my shard attacking EI invasion bosses than I've ever seen people idle or afk in capital cities. You'll notice i've not even mentioned raids because i've mainly played casually for almost a year - its only been the last two weeks that i've experienced RoS, DH, GP and GSB, and frankly speaking I've found the raiding experience to be very interesting and a lot of fun. "Children, DO AS YOUR TOLD!, JUMP!" heheh.

That having been said, one of my favorite features of the game is Planar Attunement. Some people criticize it and say its a grind, but I like nothing more than continuing to gain experience past level 50 and unlocking some of those very useful PvE and PvP abilities.

Don't forget once every two months we also get a fun world event that also gives even the most jaded of players something new to do.

In addition, we get player/guild houses in Storm Legion and there's a new 2 faction city that promises to be epic, for those who like the eye candy.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

15+ Year Old Account
    I bought Windows for my Mac for SWTOR. I still play that on and off but I decided to try rift.

I tried for about 1-2 hours and just could NOT do it. It was lackluster, it has no charm, it had no appeal. It felt drab and nothing drew me in. It felt a step or two back from WoW.

I'm quite embarrassed to admit I tried TERA though after some watching and the game got me to buy it and subscribe to a month. I found it to be a lot more appealing out of the gates and drew me in and while not a step forward from WoW it had enough appeal to grab my attention regardless.

I think it's safe to say, for me at least, Rift will never hold any interest. GW2 Looks quite appealing, perhaps I'll pick it up when it has a trial or a price drop!
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by polskifootballer View Post
    i have played wow on and off for 6 years now fully expiriencing pvp and pve. cata and especially mop turned me off from wow so i decided to switch to rift and i was wondering as a wow player what the rest of you switchees liked and disliked about rift.

personally i like rift more for its cool variety of armors, and interactive world and pvp. one thing i strongly disliked though were the capital cities. i was expecting massive beautiful capital cities where players would be running around interacting while epic music was playing, however this was not the case. compared to sw or ironforge it was lacking, especially in compariosn from divinities reach in gw2 i prejaculate every time i see it.

so do you guys agree/disagree with my views, or do you have any new ones of your own?
    I played Rift quite a lot about a year ago. I find it to be boring and an epic gear grindfest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was this originally posted in some WoW section and moved here?

So many "i played until level 5 and it sucks" strays seem to have lost their way

Deleted
    Well, I left wow november last year and first game I went to was Rift. I absolutely loved the soul system, especially after what wow did to specs and obviously kept doing. It was simply refreshing to have choices again, and many of them.
    Questing was boring, I must admit it, hated questing in wow and felt the same in Rift except for invasions spicing things up every now and then. Luckily on my first char I managed to ding 46 just as first wave of instant adventures came and finishing my levels in instant adventures was a blast. That's probably the most amazing thing to Rift leveling.
    So I hit lvl 50 and started pvp and the grind to highest rank. My cleric sure had a struggle in those warfronts. Warfronts had never been an option while leveling because of endless queues.
    Then I changed to mage and locked xp came in place and people twinked like crazy and leveling up in warfronts gave you instant joins. So I leveled up completely in warfronts and it was very fun, and those twinks wasnt as much of a problem really. Now they are gone though, and with that back the long queues as I understand from official forum.
    Then back to lvl 50 and prestige rank farming. Me and my friends gave up because there was no plans at that point of future for pvp and we felt that such a long gear grind for what?
    I took a break and joined back when pvp conquest hit. 3 faction pvp sounded too epic not to try out, I thought finally the game is going for a pvp boost! It didnt implement as well in reality as it sounded on paper and I left the game again.
    I played a lot of pvp in wow, battlegrounds, arena, wintergrasp, tol barad, even tried organizing some world pvp. However, wow neglected pvp entire cataclysm which made me give cata pve a chance while waiting for updates and when our raiding guild died we just didnt have energy to continue. Rift raiding I never tried except raid rifts. I felt the grind to get the gear needed was too long since pve wasnt really what I wanted and I also havent got time to follow a raiding schedule with my irl hours.
    Now Im a former wow and Rift player who is playing GW2, which is probably best mmo pvp option out there atm, and hopefully it will continue to develop well.

Quote Originally Posted by P1sky View Post
    I really don't want to start yet another game vs game thread, but this is still astounding to me

Raiding DRAMATICALLY superior in RIFT, as of now, nostalgic of BC Raiding (WoW's best era)
    Graphics better in RIFT
    Class system - Better in RIFT
    Endgame - Rift by a long shot, AMAZing a game that has stuff to do instead of raid, log off, raid log off
    Content release schedule - LOL should i say anything here?
    Upcoming Expansion - Pandas, or tripling the size of the areas, and an insane amount of content....

So where exactly does WoW have an edge? Sorry like i said i dont want to start a game vs game thread, but WoW's last few years and decisions have brought it dramatically down, sad part is i probably wanted to Play wow til the servers shut it down, but Activisions acquisition of Blizzard and the casual direction they went in destroyed the game, period.

You know i will give you the engine part, i actually am very frustrated with RIFT's though the upcoing expansion is supposedly going to make tons of advancements/optimizations on it so we'll see.

As far as the raid scene, you've got to be joking me, BC was WoW's peak in this arena, the instant they introduced hardmodes, which is essentially Blizzard saying, we don't feel like creating multiple raids so we have a switch to make it hard or easy. Rift's raids are not only released at an astounding rate compared to WoW's snail pace, but they look dramatically better, and are also insanely difficult (hence the nostalgia of BC along with the no hardmode option)
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/opinion read and learn I guess. Everything you and I said can be just brushed off, like you thinking BC is all that...lulz. BTW I think Rift is more "casual" then WoW from simply the mood of the game/community. Wouldn't be surprised if they add in their own LFR, they already got a LFD, ya know one of those upgrades I was talking about (about time too).
    Last edited by Landin55; 2012-09-10 at 07:49 AM.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    I bought Windows for my Mac for SWTOR. I still play that on and off but I decided to try rift.

I tried for about 1-2 hours and just could NOT do it. It was lackluster, it has no charm, it had no appeal. It felt drab and nothing drew me in. It felt a step or two back from WoW.
    I don't think that 1 to 2 hours would be enough to draw me into a single MMO, or any game for that matter. to each his own, I guess. But you are depriving yourself of what is the very best MMO experience available on the market today, not to mention value for money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k68Dr...layer_embedded
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Quote Originally Posted by Hayro1 View Post
    Sorry but this screams of fanboyism, seriously.
    I'm a huge WoW fanboy and excited as shit for Pandaria but it really is very accurate. I'm also now excited for the Rift expansion.

If you stopped at ulduar then you should probably not go back to wow.
    He stopped in 4.1 (The Zul''Gurub & Zul'Aman Patch) not 3.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    I don't think that 1 to 2 hours would be enough to draw me into a single MMO, or any game for that matter. to each his own, I guess. But you are depriving yourself of what is the very best MMO experience available on the market today, not to mention value for money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k68Dr...layer_embedded
    You should at least have thrown in a "IMO" lol.

---------- Post added 2012-09-10 at 07:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    "came back recently"

When? In which way is it unpolished? Please explain.

I am sincerely trying to understand when it has pretty much every feature of WoW bar Arena and many, many more.

Even simple quality of life things like AoE loot, "sell grey items", faction linked AH (as standard), not to mention Conquest, Instant Adventure, Chronicles, Dynamic Events - which WoW is gradually trying to copy. Not to mention - an artifact / archealogy system that actually works.

EDIT: Same faction PvE participation and also a huge Capital city are coming soon, in November, I believe. Some changes sooner. To the guy above me, flying mounts ruin world PvP - there are enough portals.
    I started at the beginning of rift. Paid 6 months before I realized it was WoW just less polished, a few bugs there and there, very out there story line with terrible characters, and full of dying "shards", so I went back to 100% WoW ( was double subbed atm). Came back like a week ago, made some nice changes, LFD being one of them. But still have a awhile to go if you ask me, hopefully they improve even more in this new expansion. All imo =p
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion