Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyratops View Post
    Engineers do have a reasonable amount of conditions.
    Especially with dual pistol and flamethrower kit.

10+ Year Old Account
    heavy-weapon guardians, particularly hammer-guardians have little to no conditions, there are a few burns but that's it. Ranger is pretty condition-free with a signet/summon heavy build.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nighties View Post
    Because 2 weeks after the game release, people already assume they know the meta? Sorry, I don't subscribe to your opinion in the least. I play a Power based necro and it's anything but gimped. The same could be said about support type Necros. Just because you're not dishing out a ton of DPS (even though Power-based Necros ARE), doesn't mean a class is gimped. It means you're playing it wrong :>
    People know it is gimped because those heavily into tPvP spend an awful lot of time testing and theory crafting (and frankly it is obvious to anyone who PvPs that conditionmancer (conditions + epidemic > power) or even a minion build for point holding are better than the relatively poor damage necros put out when built for power).

Every profession can be build with conditions, and every profession can be build without. My ranger is doing a power/precision/condition damage build, not sure if to go toughness or vitality yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    please let`s not turn this into what class seams weak or gimped and all that. I know necros are not weak, I tested many things in pve, pvp and wvwvw. I am just looking for info on other professions since I do not have the time to test them all at high level.

Now, one more question. When I say 'condition damage' I always see that as the ticks from bleeding / burning / poison. But are there other kinds of cond dmg? Maybe the mesmer clones? do they explode for more if the master has alot of +condition dmg? or something like that.

Now, one more question. When I say 'condition damage' I always see that as the ticks from bleeding / burning / poison. But are there other kinds of cond dmg? Maybe the mesmer clones? do they explode for more if the master has alot of +condition dmg? or something like that.

Mesmer is going to be your next choice, we have decent bleed stacking when traited and staff primary damage is condition. Scepter and shatter 2 apply confusion which is a condition that inflicts damage when the foe uses an action.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could go with Guardian if you want. The only conditions they cause are burns, and those aren't really stacked.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    No... only conditions are affected by condition damage. You did miss one damaging condition though, confusion. Bleed, Burn, Poison, and Confusion all have Condition Damage Coefficients.
    Last edited by Robbomb116; 2012-09-10 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Ranger has relatively few bleeds (only like 3 weapons cause them, and only one stacks to like 6), Guardians don't cause too many conditions (mostly burns, no way to really stack them) and neither do Mesmers and Engineers if I recall correctly.
    Uh rangers have so many bleeds.

Shortbow 1 and 4
    Pets
    Spike trap and the other skill
    Traits
    Elite entangle

Sure you do not have to use them, but they are probably our best solo DPS. Probably even our best 5 man DPS too depending on comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbomb116 View Post
    No... only conditions are affected by condition damage. You did miss one damaging condition though, confusion. Bleed, Burn, Poison, and Confusion all have Condition Damage Coefficients.
    Poisons damage is almost nothing anyway and stacks in duration not intensity so you basically should scratch it off the list.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    are you lv 80? don`t the undead hit you for a shit load of dmg? since you are melee...
    I will say this, the undead have NOTHING on a melee necromancer, they are tanky as hell.

I play one and I'm the last one to die, I take more hits than a guardian and heal up more, too.