Deleted

Lightbulb Dual screen film lag.

Hi All,

Just wanted to see if anyone has a solution for this.

My problem is i run a 2 screen set up. One for films to keep my girlfriend quiet, and another for the game ofc. But when streaming films etc i've noticed that playing the game makes the sound/video out of sync on the film. Is this a known issue or is there a quick fix i can do?

Just perfecting the perfect solution to gaming with a girlfriend present .

Thanks,

Nai

Whats your pc setup?

Try running the game in Fullscreen (No border) instead of just fullscreen maybe.

Out of sync issues for digital video suggest lack of CPU resources. Consider setting whatever player software you're using to higher CPU priority then GW2 in your OS settings (you can do this in task manager).

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's streaming, maybe the game is sucking away the connection. Call the company, make a better contract with a better speed. Or change company.

If it's a matter of performance because you're sure your connection is uber fiber, buy a better computer, or just a dvdplayer / media player dedicated to her.

Could be like said that there is a resource management issue. If you have a Nvidia GPU, you could try the following setting:

Nvidia Control Panel => 3D Settings => Manage 3D settings => Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration => Multiple display performance mode

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nairobi13 View Post
    Hi All,

Just wanted to see if anyone has a solution for this.

My problem is i run a 2 screen set up. One for films to keep my girlfriend quiet, and another for the game ofc. But when streaming films etc i've noticed that playing the game makes the sound/video out of sync on the film. Is this a known issue or is there a quick fix i can do?

Just perfecting the perfect solution to gaming with a girlfriend present .

Thanks,

Nai
    Why not get her a laptop for the movies instead?
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Why not get her a laptop for the movies instead?
    Just what I was thinking, or buy her some el cheapo tablet to pass time.

Isn't she into video games at all? I'd be happy to watch you playing, instead of watching some crap movie.. but that's just me ^^
    ››yeah, here used to be a signature once. I've must lost it somewhere in the twisting nether... still waiting for the mail from the postmaster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xiza View Post
    Just what I was thinking, or buy her some el cheapo tablet to pass time.

Isn't she into video games at all? I'd be happy to watch you playing, instead of watching some crap movie.. but that's just me ^^
    You have no idea how much she hates him for this stupid videogame, instead of enjoy a movie together. He's the only one having fun, he doesn't know what she's thinking.. Sooner or later, she will explode

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Ashrock View Post
    You have no idea how much she hates him for this stupid videogame, instead of enjoy a movie together. He's the only one having fun, he doesn't know what she's thinking.. Sooner or later, she will explode
    Either this, or get her hooked on vids. I was in the same situation until I let my wife play WoW with me, we played for 3 years together like that. Was some of the most fun I've ever had. Just remember to pace yourselves, and take breaks to do other things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treviathon View Post
    Either this, or get her hooked on vids. I was in the same situation until I let my wife play WoW with me, we played for 3 years together like that. Was some of the most fun I've ever had. Just remember to pace yourselves, and take breaks to do other things.
    Agree 100%. But some girls looks at videogames as a childish stupid thing, with pure hate

10+ Year Old Account
    If that's the case Lucas, that girl ain't for him. :P

Ya gotta find a girl who can love ya for who you are, for both your flaws and your strengths.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treviathon View Post
    I only play during the week. We spend the weekends together. She's basically living with me atm and has had a go at the game (her first mmo though). And it pretty much scared shit out of her as she had no idea what to do lol. Maybe i'll run her through it properly soon but i haven't even had much chance myself! Going from a hardcore 16 hour a day gamer to actually having a job and not physically being able to play more than 3 hours a night is pretty hard! I just don't have the time anymore. But thanks for your responses guys.

I will try the Nvidia tweaks as i do have the best internet connection i can get from my provider and my computer was a self build from 5 months ago! It was just weird as WoW etc ran fine beside streaming. But then GW2 is a bit more graphic intense i guess.

Again thank you! Will let you know how it goes.