Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by lilbruz View Post
    Why does Guild Wars 2 have to replace ANYTHING ?!? You CAN and are ALLOWED to play more than one game at the time - even 2 or more MMO´s.

I play both, and I like both - its crazy, huh ?
    Because not everyone has time to play 2 MMOs and MMOs usually require a lot of time put in

10+ Year Old Account
    INB4LOCK.

@OP it was never meant to.

Deleted
    Actually it (momentary), replaced Lotro for me.
    WoW has been replaced an year ago.
    By LotRO.
    But if you wanna play both, feel free to do it, it's nothing wrong with it.
    I don't get the point of the thread....

The whole people who said X mmo, in this case being GW2 was going to kill WoW were idiots beyond belief, and so gullible they could be sold a magic rock that grants 3 wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Redheal View Post
    Because not everyone has time to play 2 MMOs and MMOs usually require a lot of time put in
    Then, logically, you pick the one that you like best. OR play MMO 1 one night, and then MMO 2 the other night you have time to play. The point was that I just think its a silly thing that one MMO has to replace the other

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone said WoW 7+ years still frustrating in some regards....GW2 2 weeks...also...it doesnt have to replace wow...they can coincide with each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't see the point of this thread. ANet wasn't trying to replace WoW.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Don't see the point of this thread. ANet wasn't trying to replace WoW.
    The point of flame bait threads is to be bait for flames.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    apples and oranges. Bananas and chicken. Rice with spice, sugar with everything nice? powerpuff?
    this is how i see this thread.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll go ahead and vote to lock this thread as well, considering it's completely off base and even the title is requesting a game vs game thread. Not to mention that we have had more threads like this than there were Dalmations in the last couple of weeks.

I dunno, it did a pretty good job of replacing WoW for me...

GTA 1 didn't beat WoW, wow, what a terrible job they did with that game.

It replaced WoW for me, but that's just my preference. I am really enjoying GW2, and I also played WoW for 6 years. It's all about personal preference. Nobody said GW2 was going to "beat" WoW. There are plenty of people who play both. If MoP actually is good, I might pick it up and try it out, but right now, it doesn't appeal to me. GW2 is my MMO of choice of currently. I really don't know why people keep comparing the two, or saying one is better then the other. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder; what you like someone else may not.

YAY! yet another topic where someone states their OPINION as a fact. We have enough of those >_>

And as Lilbruz said

Why does Guild Wars 2 have to replace ANYTHING ?!? You CAN and are ALLOWED to play more than one game at the time - even 2 or more MMO´s.

I play both, and I like both - its crazy, huh ?

I don't know about you, but I like having a ton of different games to play instead of focusing on one and comparing it to every other game that I buy, but that's just me. Bad thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshard30 View Post
    No holy trinity means nobody can actually heal or tank proper, which means the bosses are really dumb or static or both.
    I've had plenty of interesting and challenging bosses so far that required more than just zerging.

When a lot of ppl are taking down a champion it doesn't feel like a real team effort, it's just a lot of ppl each doing their own thing.
    Again, plenty of events where people worked together and it was awesome just to look back and see it happening.

Dngn bosses and champions (while lvling and at lvl80), drop worst gear then most ppl have, so there is no real incentive of doing them.
    Some drop crappy gear and others don't, doesn't this happen in WoW aswel? Next to that you're not doing it JUST for gear anyway.

Doesn't seem to be a lot of profit in crafting of any kind and in trading, since its a cross server market it's just too big & the profit margins are just too small if any. While considering the fact that moving from place to place costs quite a lot, i guess most ppl will be quite poor most of the time.
    It took me a long ass time to get 1000 gold in Vanilla WoW aswel and this is by no means a bad feat, saving for something and finally getting it feels better. This ofcourse is just my take on it.

The concept of abilities being derived from the kind of weapons you use is innovative BUT ends up being quite boring, since if i'm using a specific weapon combination I'm doing the exact same thing at lvl1 and at lvl80
    I'm constantly swapping weapons and doing different stuff, havn't found myself using the same skills from 1 to 80 at all. You don't HAVE to use the same things nor does anyone else force you. It's you who decided to use a specific weapon combo.

Since there is no proper end content and no raiding, being in a guild is nice but doesn't really serve a real purpose other then chatting and doing a dngn here and there (even though its called GUILD wars)
    Again, personally, I've done alot of guild dungeons and met new fun people to hang with. There's no way in hell you've done enough to say there's no "end" game in GW2..

I'm curious tho to what exactly this END game is you're referring to anyway? Do you mean racing to 80 > getting enough ilvl to join LFR > leech items and pose in SW/ORG? orr; race to 80 > join BG > be useless while you grind honor to gear yourself up? (simplified but roughly true for most)

GW2 is an entirely different game from WoW, build on a completely different principle and appeals to entirely different group of people. It never intended to replace WoW. I have absolutely no idea where you got that idea. And every single point you describe, OP, is the reason why I prefer GW2 to WoW - because these are all points I dislike about WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    The concept of abilities being derived from the kind of weapons you use is innovative BUT ends up being quite boring, since if i'm using a specific weapon combination I'm doing the exact same thing at lvl1 and at lvl80
    Technically, can't the same thing be said about specs in WoW?

As an Enhancement Shaman at level 10, I'm going to be doing the same thing at max level. Sure, I unlock my abilities slowly over those levels, but most of the core rotational abilities are unlocked before I'm even level 30, in WoW.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Why do you need to replace WoW? If you are tired of wow then you could just...quit playing wow?

Deleted
    We've already got a review / negative opinion thread, you can add yours here - http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...PINIONS-INSIDE - thanks!