Hunter bug? or is it something im doing wrong?

So, i started multiboxing a few days ago, and i noticed my pet bar is not showing up, and i cant even abandon my pet! i have to do it with a script
    Code:
    /script PetAbandon()
    this would not be an issue if i was below level 10, but im level 26 now. ive cleaned my addons, so this is without addons, i made a small video to show the problem.

pet bar shows up when i tame a pet, but its gone a few mili secs after.
    made a ticket just in case. but yeah, 4 day wait time.

Help!

abandoned about 4 pets yesterday without any trouble so not sure whats going on for you.

the abandon part is not that big of an issue. its the fact that i cant control my pet, cant turn Growl off, even by macros, and this gets me kicked from dungeons ^^

So a dismiss/call pet doesn't fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by Friberg View Post
    the abandon part is not that big of an issue. its the fact that i cant control my pet, cant turn Growl off, even by macros, and this gets me kicked from dungeons ^^
    Seems like your pet is stuck in the way it is supposed to be for the first 10 levels.
    At level 10 you should obtain the skill Control Pet (Wowhead Link)'

I am not 100% sure if this is trained straight from the trainer or if some low level quest should be done.

You could go check your factions low level hunter trainer for 1. Training 2. Quest.

Seems like you are Tauren so my best guess would be Mulgore.

Dismiss/call pet wont work, neither does /reload, and i have the spell "Control Pet" in my spellbook.

Tried repair in case your download is bugged?

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    Tried repair in case your download is bugged?
    i have another hunter, level 85, no issues with that one, and the repair thing is gone.

Deleted
    Go to spellbook/ pet folder and switch gouwl of .

First of all thanks for the video explaining your issue !

Since you seem to have the Control Pet in your spellbook it's not that as I tought at first.
    Seems to be something that went wrong in the game...

Have you had any working pets after level 10, or has this problem always been there on this character?
    You said you multibox, do you multibox multiple hunter ? Does any other character have this same problem ?

My best bet would be for you to just wait for the ticket to get answered :/
    Meanwhile you could always try making a new hunter as you are only 26, but then again with multiboxing that might be painful.
    Last edited by Naaw; 2012-09-06 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mnaaucici View Post
    Go to spellbook/ pet folder and switch gouwl of .
    i cant see any "pet folder" in my spellbook that would allow me to disable it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naaw View Post
    First of all thanks for the video explaining your issue !

Since you seem to have the Control Pet in your spellbook it's not that as I tought at first.
    Seems to be something that went wrong in the game...

Have you had any working pets after level 10, or has this problem always been there on this character?
    You said you multibox, do you multibox multiple hunter ? Does any other character have this same problem ?

My best bet would be for you to just wait for the ticket to get answered :/
    Meanwhile you could always try making a new hunter as you are only 26, but then again with multiboxing that might be painful.
    my hunters are on seperate accounts, they both have the problem, all other classes i have with a pet is working normally.

I have the same problem on both of my hunters that I used for RAF. Seems like they were made the night before 5.0 hit and before they reached lvl 10 when 5.0 hit they didn't get pet bars. One of my hunters didn't even get the free riding skill.

Since it only takes a day to hit lvl 80 using RAF. I just rerolled new hunters and they seem to be working fine. My old hunters don't have any pet bars or commands. Even usimg scripts to turn off growl they still use growl.
    Last edited by fearcazic; 2012-09-12 at 03:17 PM.

If it's character specific the problem is in one of 2 places. Server side data, which is something you obviously can't fix and would have to wait for GM response; or your local install, specifically the various cache folders for that character.

I'd delete your main cache folder, then go into WTF and find the folder named for that character, and delete the whole thing. If that doesn't work, it's probably server side.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."