Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Hunter Duel Wielding Pistols?

Now that Patch 5.0.4 is upon us and hunters no longer have use for dual wielding melee weapons i would like to see Blizzard making 1H guns/crossbows for our Hunters. It would be so cool to duel wield pistols etc in my opinion.
    What do you guys think?
    Last edited by mmoc8ac32e783f; 2012-09-11 at 09:50 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Blizzard would add 1H pistols, simply because Hunters are the only class that could actually use them. It'd be pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love that. I don't even play a hunter, but ever since Lord Godfrey sported two pistols in Shadowfang, I've been wanting to see 1H guns appear as an item.

bows crossbows and guns are only use by hunters, adding pistols will only clutter the boss loot table but you have to get 2 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    I don't think Blizzard would add 1H pistols, simply because Hunters are the only class that could actually use them. It'd be pointless.
    like they are the only one who can use xbow/guns/bows now you mean ?

you can equip guns and bows on rogues/warriors but not use them

Hunters are the only class that can use guns/bows/crossbows effectively.. in other words they're practically the only class to use them.

---------- Post added 2012-09-09 at 06:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I think they should stop removing choices and let us have our stat sticks back. But what do I know, Im either a whiner / nostalgia freak / moron / "insert reason why my opinion is wrong here".

Something other than guns and bows would be nice, crossbows are fugly imo.
    Stat sticks are retarded, hunters are a ranged pet class, they're all about their bow/gun/crossbow.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post
    Hunters are the only class that can use guns/bows/crossbows effectively.. in other words they're practically the only class to use them.
    Yes, but why would Blizzard further complicate loot tables by adding another item that only hunters could use?

Since hunters aren't using stat sticks anymore, Blizz buffed the stats on range weapons for hunters. Dual wielding two of them I think would make hunters a little OP in terms of DPS. To be honest, I'm not a fan of guns. I prefer bows.

They could just make models that is one gun item but display as dual wield so no OP dmg/stats. Just another look

Hunters didn't have much use for dual wielding melee weapons in the first place.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

You mean like bows/guns/xbows that are exclusive to hunters since 5.0.4?
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon View Post
    Hunters didn't have much use for dual wielding melee weapons in the first place.
    There were times when it was reasonable to dual wield. I believe for some time in WotLK I dual wielded axes. I think cata is what killed it with one handers not only getting less than 50% of the stat budget of a 2h but also no longer having comparable enchants. It's too bad, I enjoyed the look more - but melee weapons for hunters are gone entirely now so, whatever.

On topic... I think dual wielding pistols would be pretty cool, but it would probably take a bit of a rework in scaling and such. Maybe next expansion... but there are things I would like to see more than this.

they could make pistols, but come in a pair, not singles. that's the only way it would work efficiently.

I haven't seen much shows on tv where hunters where duel wielding pistols lol. Rifles yes, bows yes, crossbows yes, single pistol sometimeeees... but never seen a duel wielding pistol hunter on NatGeo or Discovery channel lol it would ruin the pelt blasting an animal with 2 guns. So I just don't think it fits the Hunter class.

10+ Year Old Account
    well they could do it so that its 1 item that comes as a set have one gun in pistol in each hand left shoots the main attack (chimera shot, Aimed shot, arcane shot, steady shot) while the right is just the white hits may even lower lag for all i know
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Why add a 4th range weapon? Hunters are now the only class that uses them now so its just more time that the graphic designers would have to work on art that would get limited use. I originally thought that they could be a single item with a faster attack speed and lower damage however since pretty much all of our attacks use weapon damage as the mod. It would be like using daggers on an enh shammy, no good.

edit: Also hunters now have only a single weapon slot IIRC since we don't need to worry about DWing weapons (which was suboptimal anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by jangkun View Post
    They could just make models that is one gun item but display as dual wield so no OP dmg/stats. Just another look
    This is what I had in mind too. And it would be great imho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

10+ Year Old Account
    I want dual pistols/dual one handed crossbows, always has and always well even more now that Godfrey managed to get his hand on a pair!

Hunters are the only thing that can use bow/crossbow/guns while being effective....and you wouldn't need to drop two on each boss, just have 1 drop from 1 boss, and the other from another.

I also would like a no pet specialization, and a melee type talent tree

---------- Post added 2012-09-10 at 12:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Willing View Post
    they could make pistols, but come in a pair, not singles. that's the only way it would work efficiently.
    Yeah they could do that ?

---------- Post added 2012-09-10 at 12:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon View Post
    What does melee weapons have to do with anything?

---------- Post added 2012-09-10 at 12:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jangkun View Post
    That would be fine with me

---------- Post added 2012-09-10 at 12:50 AM ----------

Dual pistols, on your sides where daggers would be=nice
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

LIFE

(L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponXAnimosity View Post
    Since hunters aren't using stat sticks anymore, Blizz buffed the stats on range weapons for hunters. Dual wielding two of them I think would make hunters a little OP in terms of DPS. To be honest, I'm not a fan of guns. I prefer bows.
    Hes implying that they would be new weapons. Not dual weilding guns that are already in the game. On top of that, don't you think blizz would balance the guns for duel wielding? Hes just presenting it as another option.

To the OP - I kind of like the idea, but I don't think adding more crap to loot tables is a good idea. On the other hand, I would like a gun that looked like a realistic old flintlock pistol, kind of like the new rifles in the game.

As others have said, the simplest way to make it work is to have a 'Brace of Pistols' as the loot. It would game mechanically be one object, but would graphically show the character wielding two weapons, one in each hand.