Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Worth noting: hot gamer chicks are actually very common these days. *eyes his own girlfriend*
    So are skinny nerds *looks in the mirror* why couldnt they have shown me!

---------- Post added 2012-09-10 at 07:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Achyra View Post
    Clearly it should have been a slightly overweight male, a bit on the pale side to indicate the lack of sun he gets, with a two day shadow, and a splash of acne. You know, to live up to that gamer stereotype. Because everyone knows that girls, let alone attractive girls, don't play games, herpderp.
    Just thouhgt it was cliche not that its unusual to see hot gamer chicks.

After seeing it another time, I think it's okay. I accept that it's not targeting the kind of player I/we are on these forums.

I thought it was sorta cheesy and not really a good impression of the game. The best part of the trailer is when they show in-game footage. Compared to like the Planetside, Secret World, Mists of Pandaria or Old Republic trailers it really doesn't grab me. I feel it's too oblique for mass audiences too.

Can't help but think back to the stellar Diablo 3 trailers as well. This looks low budget actually.

AA developer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvanie View Post
    Agreed. The Races of Tyria trailer did a much better job of introducting players to the world.
    Doesn't seems like it's made with that purpose in mind at all.

Would have preferred a trailer similar to the cinematics we see in the game (that is, the moving art and whatnot), or even just in-game footage. I understand that they were attempting to be creative and whatnot, but I just don't like it all too much. Didn't really seem to tell the viewer anything about the game.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Not a big fan myself, I won't be showing it to any friends to convince them to play the game that's for sure. It was kinda cool but didn't really sell the game at all. Felt kind of like how car adverts on TV here are often nothing to do with cars, putting so much emphasis into seeming like they should be artsy and sell "style" and then at the end I'm always like... OH they wanted me to buy a porsche? Yeah.. I'm not doing that.

I would have preferred a gameplay trailer, or an actual lore trailer, even if people do feel it's already been done and is boring, it would actually sell the game to the people I want to convince.
    Totally agree would rather see actual in game visuals than something that in a sense made no sense at all. Showing in game visuals gives the prospective new player an idea of what the game looks and plays like and they go oh yeah that game is for me. Instead of scratching their heads trying to decide whether it was a game being advertised and not some new post apocalyptic movie or TV series.

Very artsy. I liked it for what it was.

The game deserves a better trailer than that POS.
    Retired GM of Temerity - US Top 50 raiding on a strict 3 nights since Ulduar. Check us out!
    https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/hyjal/Temerity

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate advertisements designed to further segregate the gaming community....

Should have just kept to selling the game, not selling a side.

I'm going to have to agree with draykorinee. Probably one of the worst game trailers I've seen. This would, in no way, get me interested in the game, let alone play the game. It had no hook and the in-game footage they showed was actually quite bland, with the exception of the 3 seconds of Zhaitan. If this was a YouTube ad, I would have skipped it at the 5 second mark. Horrible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I thought it was sorta cheesy and not really a good impression of the game. The best part of the trailer is when they show in-game footage. Compared to like the Planetside, Secret World, Mists of Pandaria or Old Republic trailers it really doesn't grab me. I feel it's too oblique for mass audiences too.

Can't help but think back to the stellar Diablo 3 trailers as well. This looks low budget actually.
    I have to agree. This screams "we have no budget for CGI".
    Which isn't that big of a problem. What's really a problem is that 2/3 of the video aren't even about the game...
    I think they really could have done much, much better, even with a low budget.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Not a big fan myself, I won't be showing it to any friends to convince them to play the game that's for sure. It was kinda cool but didn't really sell the game at all. Felt kind of like how car adverts on TV here are often nothing to do with cars, putting so much emphasis into seeming like they should be artsy and sell "style" and then at the end I'm always like... OH they wanted me to buy a porsche? Yeah.. I'm not doing that.

I would have preferred a gameplay trailer, or an actual lore trailer, even if people do feel it's already been done and is boring, it would actually sell the game to the people I want to convince.
    Yeah, can fully agree with that.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Such hipsterhood...

Advertising the game with CGI that is made outside the game is acceptable to a degree. However, this is just the typical discourse of our age: Lying shamlessly to people knowing they won't object...

...everytime I try to give A.Net and their game a chance, they just keep on failing.

By the way, I'm not your typical hater/fanboy or what not, I am a player who has both played GW and is playing GW 2, which is mainly due to not having anything to do in WoW and it is highly likely for me to

TL;DR: The trailer is crap and if this is how the game is presented to masses it is an utter lie.
    They should have just shown in-game footage with some of their classy artwork and it would at least be honest as well as showing something decent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    I'm going to have to agree with draykorinee.
    Finally someone does!

The Gw2 guru forum seems just as dissatisfied as people on facebook and youtube

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I think fat nerds are more common, but nobody wants to be like them. :P

I think the guy in the gas mask could be called "skinny" but you likely couldn't see it considering he was all covered up, meant to represent the Charr Engineer.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post

---------- Post added 2012-09-10 at 07:16 PM ----------

Just thouhgt it was cliche not that its unusual to see hot gamer chicks.
    I don't think there is a way to avoid a cliche. Skinny guys? Cliche. Fat gamer guy? Cliche. Ugly, overweight gamer chick? Cliche. Hot gamer chick? Cliche.

And it's always nice to see attractive females represented as 'players' and not 'giggling eye candy'. I don't like being asked if I play Farmville or Sims when i say I play games as my hobby, so a little more representation is nice.
    Last edited by Achyra; 2012-09-10 at 06:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Achyra View Post
    I don't think there is a way to avoid a cliche. Skinny guys? Cliche. Fat gamer guy? Cliche. Ugly, overweight gamer chick? Cliche. Hot gamer chick? Cliche.

And it's always nice to see attractive females represented as 'players' and not 'giggling eye candy'. I don't like being asked if I play Farmville or Sims when i say I play games as my hobby, so a little more representation is nice. (I have never played farmville. Or sims.)
    True points all of them. Maybe a midget wouldnt be cliche I dunno.

Deleted
    what, I thought it was TSW trailer lol

This reminds me a bit of the 1984 Apple commercial ^^ Well, its a bit too cheesy for my taste, but an interesting choice. Really quite different from what other people do.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not on the topic of this thread but the ArenaNet's official digital download service is back and accepting new orders.