Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Or they should tune-in to Chosen's stream since they are leading progression right now ;D

Either way, any and all streams will appear in the streaming thread that is stickied at the top of the forums.
    What are Chosen up to? I've pretty much stuck with Methodical's stream (watched all 6 hours of it the other day) and they got up to the last phase on the 3rd boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrogan View Post
    What are Chosen up to? I've pretty much stuck with Methodical's stream (watched all 6 hours of it the other day) and they got up to the last phase on the 3rd boss.
    Same phase. Unfortunately stuck with an alt tank, alt healer, and a healer DPSing.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitepepper View Post
    Where are you getting your information on ToR sub numbers? Last I checked they didn't give an actual number on the last earnings call. If there's a reliable source for sub numbers I'd like to have a link to it. I'm always curious to see how upcoming patches affects subs. As an example Trion announced a sub increase when they revealed the Rift expansion. 1.4 going to the PTS may have brought some folks back.

p.s. I just had to google Vermont and found a population of 626k for 2011 for anyone else who is curious : )
    If you feel like it, go back to the sales call. You get a range.

"Well over 500k subscribers."
    "Dipped below 1 million"

As you said, we have a pop of 626k. Both in and around burlington and rutland we have seen a lot of people, essentially, fleeing the state after irene.

Even if we ignored the implied language of "dipped" and "well above" and take the mid point of the two figures, we still end up with over 100k more people playing swtor.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate that this game has basic endgame. I wish there were no raids and bgs, just exploring and planet events and space battles and free roam. Cool stuff. Raids are incredibly boring.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    I hate that this game has basic endgame. I wish there were no raids and bgs, just exploring and planet events and space battles and free roam. Cool stuff. Raids are incredibly boring.
    That is your own personal perspective. I'm sure A LOT of people will disagree and say that not having Warzones and Operations would be the death of the game.

Updated the OP with these changes:
    Originally Posted by SWTOR
    Group Finder
    • Completing the Group Finder mission for Operations now rewards a lockbox that contains 5 Black Hole Commendations and 30 Columi Commendations.

Missions and NPCs
    General
    • Shuttles on Corellia, Belsavis, and Ilum now allow direct travel between areas with daily missions.

PvP
    General
    • Elite War Hero weapons and offhands have been added to the PvP vendors.
    • The cost of War Hero weapons and offhands has been reduced.
    • 3 Warzone Commendations can now be traded for 1 Ranked Warzone Commendation.

Warzones
    Huttball
    • Arena crowd visual effects have been added.

Completing the Group Finder mission for Operations now rewards a lockbox that contains 5 Black Hole Commendations and 30 Columi Commendations.

now THERE is an interesting change might do a few more ops lol

Shuttles on Corellia, Belsavis, and Ilum now allow direct travel between areas with daily missions.

and this will shave a few minutes off my daily time

This patch looks great, however, actually I hope SWTOR can launch the expansion as soon as possible.
    Bioware did a good job in SWTOR, I believe the expansion can make this game more complete.

Quote Originally Posted by NGDK View Post
    This patch looks great, however, actually I hope SWTOR can launch the expansion as soon as possible.
    Bioware did a good job in SWTOR, I believe the expansion can make this game more complete.
    I have a similar feeling as you do.

There is so much potential in SWTOR. It's solid in some areas and needs work in some and we still need some additions but the potential is still there if the game can survive it's infancy.

I think the patch looks great. The new OPs was amazingly bug free and thats on the PTR. BW keeps making steps in the right direction, it's just that there small steps and sometimes gamers can be very impatient.

Then you add in a fairly flooded market of MMO's and it hurts this game even worse. I just hope BW can hold true to that 6week'ish content time. That alone would make a huge difference even if it was just convenience content at times.
    Last edited by quras; 2012-09-15 at 05:33 PM.

Going to Corellia (and a few other worlds) is just miserable to me. The load times are fucking atrocious!

That being said, these are good additions! Now, when I see when/where we get HK-51, I'll be happy.
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/

I wonder if they would finally fix the group finder bug which arbitrarily assigns you into a role that isn't what you signed up for.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Just posted updates to the Patch Notes.
    Originally Posted by SWTOR
    Flashpoints and Operations
    Flashpoints
    The Esseles
    • Players who fall into the Power Core are now defeated more reliably.

Missions and NPCs
    NPCs
    • The Released Rancor on Belsavis now animates properly when moving.

10+ Year Old Account

1.4: Deploying 9/26/2012

http://www.swtor.com/blog/scheduled-...mber-26th-2012

Hello everyone, we wanted to let you know that we will be performing scheduled maintenance for six hours on Wednesday, September 26th, 2012 from 2AM CDT (12AM PDT/3AM EDT/8AM BST/9AM CEST/5PM AEST) until 8AM CDT (6AM PDT/9AM EDT/2PM BST/3PM CEST/11PM AEST). All game servers will be offline during this period. This maintenance is expected to take no more than six hours, but could be extended.
    Travel to the Gree controlled planet of Asation, where you’ll join others in an intense series of battles leading up to a final face-off against an unyielding enemy. It’s up to your team to close the Ancient Hypergate, opened by the deadly and malicious Dread Masters, and destroy a galactic goliath before it destroys the galaxy! Learn more about Game Update 1.4 here!
    After this maintenance is over, restart the game launcher to patch to Game Update 1.4.
    Scheduled Maintenance

10+ Year Old Account
    The 6 hour downtime is what surprised me!

Awesome, so amped for this! Loved all the ops so far, and I think I'll try out AP on my PT and see how it goes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalek View Post
    Awesome, so amped for this! Loved all the ops so far, and I think I'll try out AP on my PT and see how it goes.
    If you loved the Operations currently... Terror from Beyond will blow your mind. It is definitely an increase in difficulty as well as interesting encounters. The art styles as well is something that will make your jaw drop. Its just visually pleasing.

so no hk-51 yet... sigh time to re-recruti people for new ops then
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    OOPS, total derp moment there. I'm too busy organizing the guild bank and handing out stuff in preparation for tomorrow to work towards World Firsts. It didn't occur to me to just add it to the current thread and change the title -_-