Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Stop making new threads about what you don't like, go to the negative opinion thread thing.
    Stop telling people what to do and mind your own business.

10+ Year Old Account
    For what I what I see is one known bug that Anet has been making improvements in every build and your own personal grievances that have nothing to do with whether the features are good or not. You just want them to personally cater to you and your liking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing worse than trash talking kiddies that have to time to type usually hiding well behind their group that is one thing I agree with
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

10+ Year Old Account
    Sitting at 266 hours of playtime, 245 on my main, have a full set of the 42k karma gear after 3-4 days of event grinding without any friends or guildies and made enough money for probably 2-3 sets of Lv80 Exotic gear. I've even cleared every dungeon on story mode, along with a few on explorable with completely random people. Where exactly is this long-term grind for a single upgrade?

Deleted
    ^
    -Perhaps the dungeon gear, or the legendaries, but I still think the karma gear is insanely overpriced.

A couple of things my input is getting misunderstood:

I am 80 for the past 3 days. I admit I haven't put much effort since I dinged 80 besides finishing the personal story. I have done events and their karma rewards are very small for the rewards you get. It's a time sink indeed. I really appreciate the crafting advice one gave. I will have to level my armorsmith to get my first exotic set.
    Exotic sets aren't only for appearences, they have the best level 80 statistics. One that wants to finish even his first set has to put a considerable amount of time at 80 to even be on par. Thanks again for the crafting advice above.
    PvPchat is a serious issue for me, and so is the Hot-Join issue and Paid Tournaments.
    I clearly stated in the OP that those are features in the game that are indeed personal grievances and that I am sure others are getting annoyed by most if not all of them.
    Last edited by mmoc2aad59a6a5; 2012-09-11 at 09:46 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post
    The way dungeon instances work, is just stupid.
    More than half the time I try to enter dungeon with my group, it fails, and half group either can't go in, or goes in into seperate instances.
    Bugs are annoying, I agree, no one wants bugs, including I'm sure the development team, and there are obviously still a lot of bug-related issues to be addressed. This is my major beef with the game currently, especially bugs in dungeons.

Dungeon Cutscenes. Noticed this on CoF Story mode. Only one of the whole party was watching cutscenes in the dungeon.
    This clearly destroyed the lore behind the dungeon, and while not gamebreaking one, it was a really unpleasand thing.
    I only watch the cut scenes once, I see no point in watching them every time - are you sure people hadn't just already seen them?

Farming at 80. <snip>... Or get a guild that focuses on pve to speed clear them. Otherwise, enjoy the month long farming.
    A month is not exactly a big deal in a game that wants to keep some longevity. It can hardly just throw all the rewards at you straight away. If you want the best stuff you need to farm for it and play the game to be rewarded. Somepeople intend to play this game not just for months, but for potentially years and there has to be something for everyone. There is plenty of exotic gear you can get from drops and crafting that you can get fairly quickly and easily, and then there is gear you have to farm for. Also, yes, things are easier with a guild and an organised group, of course they are and more fun too... everything is always going to be easier with a focused guild.

Class Balance changes reports are nowhere to be seen.
    The game is being updated regularly, yet there isn't a single report stating class balance changes.
    We had a few class tweaks in a patch a few days ago with the first real "patch notes" as opposed to "state of game" blogging. There are still a lot of bugs to be fixed and I'd really rather them work on those first, wouldn't you?

Don't get me wrong, the game has some things that are poorly implemented for sure, I've got my own list of things I'm unhappy with, mostly consisting of the bugs which are extremely frustrating but I definitely do not agree that gear takes too much time to get considering I'd still like there to be something for me to be aiming for in a month or two.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Wait... 200 hours? I've been playing the crap out of this game since the first day of headstart and I'm only up to around 110. Yikes, your eyes must be killing you from staring at the monitor that long.
    LOL, there are people in my guild who crossed one hundred in the FIRST week.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I only watch the cut scenes once, I see no point in watching them every time - are you sure people hadn't just already seen them?
    I had not seen them before. The cutscene didnt even start for 4/5 members of the group. Only one saw it, and I wanted to see because it was the first time doing the dungeon.

A month is not exactly a big deal in a game that wants to keep some longevity. It can hardly just throw all the rewards at you straight away. If you want the best stuff you need to farm for it and play the game to be rewarded. Somepeople intend to play this game not just for months, but for potentially years and there has to be something for everyone. There is plenty of exotic gear you can get from drops and crafting that you can get fairly quickly and easily, and then there is gear you have to farm for. Also, yes, things are easier with a guild and an organised group, of course they are and more fun too... everything is always going to be easier with a focused guild.
    Of course 1 month grind for cosmetic upgrades is decent thing, but to get your starter exotics it sure isn't. Just because I want to be able to go into Orr explorable without a crappy equipment, it's not nice to have to farm my butt off to get the basic level 80 stats. Grinding was optional I think. But a month for your first set, is much more than I expected tbh.

We had a few class tweaks in a patch a few days ago with the first real "patch notes" as opposed to "state of game" blogging. There are still a lot of bugs to be fixed and I'd really rather them work on those first, wouldn't you?
    I would, and I would love to hear reports of what's fixed. I hadn't seen we had the first real patch notes, because I only saw the previous ones so far, which were nothing like patch notes actually, more like a to-do report list. I'm glad they started it

Don't get me wrong, the game has some things that are poorly implemented for sure, I've got my own list of things I'm unhappy with, mostly consisting of the bugs which are extremely frustrating but I definitely do not agree that gear takes too much time to get considering I'd still like there to be something for me to be aiming for in a month or two.
    Yes. Legendary weapons, 100% map completion. Specific Events you missed out while leveling and are interested in doing. Dungeon sets, other sets.
    But getting your first set of equipment with 80 stats is kind of hard work. I am trying to get it, and it's tiring tbh.|
    What other things you consider annoying?

The way dungeon instances work, is just stupid.
    More than half the time I try to enter dungeon with my group, it fails, and half group either can't go in, or goes in into seperate instances.
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Have run about 8 dungeons, never experienced this problem ever. Also have even had one person stay in the dungeon on the last boss and went out and got 3 new people, they all were able to join the right dungeon at the last boss. Must be something you're doing.
    I am sorry for offending you who clearly must be some sort of higher entity. So I went to run CoE last night and for the first five minutes none of us could zone into the instance, then after porting to different zones and back we could get in but we were all in separate instances and then upon leaving we couldn't get in again! So I'm sorry, can you please forgive me so I can run CoE tonight? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    If people are interested, they will watch. If they're not, or they've seen it before, they can skip it. You can skip the cinematics in WoW, too. It's a good thing that you're given the option.
    I agree, this is a good thing and you would understand if you ever played SWTOR where you cannot skip the cut scenes you've seen so many times you can recite them verbatim.

While these things prove to be annoying they are minor and will be worked out in time. Overall the game's launch has been rather smooth in comparison. Anet has done a fine job for the most part. There are a few areas not related specifically to game play where I feel could have been handled better but overall its been a pretty damn good launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    LOL, there are people in my guild who crossed one hundred in the FIRST week.
    I can't see how people can do this. Don't they have to pee at some point? Naps, snacks, remembering your wife's name. These are important things that require a certain amount of time to get right. Shortcut them and you find yourself eating PB&J on paper towels instead of bread and calling your latest wife by one of the other one's names, again.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    I don't know what you're doing, but I was able to craft my first full exotic set (excluding jewelry) about 2-3 days after hitting 80. That's basically no time at all.
    Which in and of itself is disappointing a bit.

to the OP how realistic is it to expect to be maxed out at everything / all the best gear in around two to three weeks time? Really? IM sure there are some fanatics out there that are but... WHY? so you can look at the game and say yep.. done. Sit back and enjoy the freaking game for a bit lol. I do not understand what so ever the point of ZOMG race to the end and do everything, sacrificing sleep, life and what ever so you can basically then sit around and bitch that there is nothing to do because you spent a unrealistic amount of time playing a game. Now im sure to you this amount of time seems perfectly acceptable but you have to understand its definitely not the norm nor is it unreasonable to expect to have to farm for a while to get the best of the best of the best in any game (thank God)

The optional part is where you are not required at all to have this gear to do content but its nice to have.

I agree, this is a good thing and you would understand if you ever played SWTOR where you cannot skip the cut scenes you've seen so many times you can recite them verbatim.
    Sorry but this is untrue. You could space bar them away and skip em if you wanted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I can't see how people can do this. Don't they have to pee at some point? Naps, snacks, remembering your wife's name. These are important things that require a certain amount of time to get right. Shortcut them and you find yourself eating PB&J on paper towels instead of bread and calling your latest wife by one of the other one's names, again.
    God damn it, now you've got me thinking of a bad parody of the Mastercard commercial.

Remembering your wife's name? Fifteen seconds.
    Eating? Two minutes forty-five seconds.
    Sleeping? Twenty-seven minutes blank.
    Curbstomping all resistance with your WvWvW crew? Timeless.
    There are some things you have to take the time to do. For the rest of the time, there's Guild Wars 2.
    Last edited by mmoc10ec13b383; 2012-09-11 at 01:40 PM. Reason: "Now", not "not".

Deleted
    It should be realistic enough, so that grinding is an option, not a requirement, to be able to play at max level. I am not talking about cosmetic, I'm talking about statistic upgrades.
    Players have priorities, you set your own, if you want to enjoy the game after you are max level and geared, its your own choice.
    And yes, I know and I keep repeating myself here, I haven't skipped, none skipped. Just one guy could see the video. I know about the skipping thing, and I know how good it is and all, but it is annoying when you arent given the option to see it if you want... probably a bug, but this just destroyed the lore behind the instance.

Bugs in dungeons isn't exactly an "implemented feature" like the thread title suggests. If gear wasn't at least somewhat difficult to obtain, there would be nothing perpetuating a gem to gold market that keeps the dollars rolling in, and I still managed to craft my 80 set in the first three days of eighty, already having mats for three pieces, and farming and selling mats for the next two days. If the maps weren't buggy messes half the time I'd be able to creep by 95% map completion, but I'm at a bit of a standstill while I write down all the skillpoints I couldn't get, but does this mean I didn't have a good time? Heck no, I sunk 150 hours into just one toon, and am excited to see how all 3 organization choices' stories play out along with other races' stories, and other classes' mechanics in pvp work out. Will this game's time spent rival my "x" hundred days played on my rogue? No, but that doesn't mean I didn't get my monies worth.

Deleted
    This doesn't seem to be so much features that weren't well implemented as much as divergences in game philosophy.

Also... I'm gonna be an ass and say... you mean 'Badly implemented features' not Bad Implemented Features.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    God damn it, now you've got me thinking of a bad parody of the Mastercard commercial.

Remembering your wife's name? Fifteen seconds.
    Eating? Two minutes forty-five seconds.
    Sleeping? Twenty-seven minutes blank.
    Curbstomping all resistance with your WvWvW crew? Timeless.
    There are some things you have to take the time to do. For the rest of the time, there's Guild Wars 2.
    Sleepless in Hoelbrak?
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not opinions. It's facts.
    It is not a fact. The fact is that you are of the opinion that these features are not implemented well. You could say you think they are implemented poorly. As already evident in this thread, multiple people disagree with you. Regardless of whether many people agree with you, you cannt transmute opinions to fact via an alchemical statement of words.

I'm afraid it's just your opinion, as things here are wont to being. With that being said, I am of the opinion that a lot of your views are valid. Some things do tend to make the game a little awkward at times.

Deleted
    It's not opinions. It's facts.
    Your personal opinion is not a fact even if you would like that, the whole group not being able to enter a instance and no change notes is the only things that could be argued as facts, the rest is pure opinions.