• Unjustifiable

583 37.44%
  • Would have gone about it differently.

571 36.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 56 of 84 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    No it's not, the husband clearly stated she had known for 2 years.
    What does that have to do with "didn't want to jeopardize her and her children's "security" in the form of an older and possibly richer man"?

It's makes you wonder
    Sounds to me
    So speculation.

The woman was clearly unhinged and absolutely in the wrong for sleeping with him before informing him of the risks.

That doesn't justify her murder, though.

Does anyone know why she decided to sleep with him BEFORE telling him? I'm not reading through 56 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    What does that have to do with "didn't want to jeopardize her and her children's "security" in the form of an older and possibly richer man"?

So speculation.
    About the ex-husband part yes. About the selfishness, you're wrong. She had known for at least some time, she had HIV, by the ex-husband statement. TO KNOWINGLY have sex with someone, while HIV infected, and to not disclose that, the ONLY reason to do such would be selfishness. You can't argue out of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is really complicated. I can see why the man did it but I also feel sympathy for the two children.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    No. Medication can halt its progress until it mutates into a new strain, which can take some time. Its highly possible with modern resources to live a complete and successful life resulting in dying of completely unrelated causes while having suppressed HIV/AIDS. Also, because of exactly how it is spread, it is actually unlikely that he contracted it in that situation.

Yes, and I understand that. But I highly doubt that those here saying she deserved to die are under such passionate effects influencing their behavior. Whats more, this was revenge, not presented with eminent danger. If she were approaching him with a needle filled with her blood, I would of course see justification in killing her; but this was not the case.
    First i'm going to explain something to you about the medicine you think makes the treatment of HIV liveable. They are inhibitor class of drugs and antivirals, A, they don't work 100% and are in the 20-50% chances of working, the fact that it's not 100% is already a gamble you're forced on that shouldn't happen to begin with.Also most of these are clinical trial drugs that have no actual bearings for success. B, you don't know if they've had sex just once so chances are he's screwed anyway. C, you're one of the many who have been fooled into thinking HIV is something that doesn't kill you if you just treat it.
    Let me tell you right now that you're wrong completely, I work as a RN and i've seen already in the past 4 years of working cases of death due to aids. The whole entire campaign about HIV not being so bad was to sensitize the world for these people so that they receive empathy and the companies sponsoring these ads get funding for their research. Even if you can treat it you're not guaranteed anything.
    I had a patient who was unfortunately diagnosed with HIV+ early and still lost the battle she had it when she was 19 and died at 27, i was fortunate enough to meet her before she died she was one of my first patients when i started and help break in the new surroundings for me.
    HIV is a gateway virus that becomes a disease that basically opens the door to death for you. WITH TREATMENT you delay the inevitable. It's very rare that someone lives past 50 as an AIDS patient, you have a few over 50 but that's exactly what they are A FEW so don't use the hypothetical bullshit analogy here. Especially with all the lives lost to this disease it's an insult to them.
    The unfortunate truth is yes while treated you can live a more content life, you still are forced into life style changes in which you never want to face. Blood tests every week, inhibitors that really screw with your energy levels, mood, and diet, constant fear of catching a fever or simple cold, inability to ever socialize normally, inability to form a stable relationship, i can go on as to how this disease really screws your life over.

She didn't deserve to die but i completely understand why she did. He obviously went insane and did something horrifying, she should have told him after the 1st week of their relationship not after doing one of the most riskiest ways to spread the disease. You seem to be passionate about killing being wrong and that the law is above all however i'll remind you what is above everyone at the end of the day. Laws were made to keep people in check yes, however ethics are the pure soul in what the law is. One persons ethics are different than anothers, just because you break a law does not mean you justifiably go to jail. It just means you justifiably go to jail because of the rules made in society not justifiable to the person. What is above all at the end of the day is how you choose to accept the decisions you made, be it lawless or lawful, if he murdered her knowing he was gonna go to jail then he still wins or better known as ethics. Even if society has a set of ethics they want people to follow doesn't mean it's what everyone follows and doesn't make it the absolute right in the world

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    About the ex-husband part yes. About the selfishness, you're wrong... You can't argue out of that.
    Yes I can. I'm not wrong because I didn't make those claims, you imagined it. Read what I quoted again.

but didn't want to jeopardize her and her children's "security" in the form of an older and possibly richer man.
    I was commenting on the fact that Moshic was purely speculating about her motive. If you want to claim otherwise, prove that. Stop changing the topic to those "ex-husband" and "the selfishness" parts you inserted yourself. If you want to bash a strawman, you can keep talking to your imagination.

I object to the subject change. While the first subject misrepresented the article, the second one misrepresents it just as badly. The current title seems like it could be some guy who found out his girlfriend had HIV so he killed her. One might leap to all kinds of conclusions in, like that she cheated on him and that's why she got HIV so that's why he killed her.

I think a better subject would be: "Man kills girlfriend because she may have knowingly given him HIV"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyboucher View Post
    My #1 problem is he didint even get tested to see if he contracted it... just assumed he now has it and killed her.
    This, also another problem is that whether she knew she had it or not.

I voted too soon, should of went for the option 3.
    -K

His ignorance led to this death. Not only is the transmission of HIV 100% certain, but there are also radical (and very nasty) treatments to stop you seroconverting, such as taking PEP for a month starting within a certain window. A friend of mine who is a medical doctor once got blood in an open wound at work. The person who the blood came from was a prostitute and would not consent to a blood test, so my friend had to go on a course of PEP. Pretty much turned her immune system inside out.
    RETH

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Moved to Off-Topic

That's despicable. I live with HIV. It's not a death sentence and that is plain murder, period. Honestly, I don't see how anyone could justify it.
    I feel sorry for you but i think you would live your life better if you didnt had HIV.

I am aware that with todays medicine it is not a death sentence anymore but still you will have a shorten life.

The woman didnt told the guy she had HIV, she infected him kowing what she had.

After being infected and knowing i could no longer enjoy sex (In Portugal we only have 52 and 54mm size condoms, and for me they are too tide and I lose bonner when i put one since it stops the blood flow to the pelvis)
    I may snap and break her neck I dont know but rage blindness could be possible, knowing I would no longer have sex with someone and that my life spawn got shorter, I mean I would rather kill the one who is killing me too.

Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    This is really complicated. I can see why the man did it but I also feel sympathy for the two children.
    This is not complicated AT ALL!

There is absolutely no justification for murdering someone just because you're angry at them (yes, that is exactly what happened).

The fact that almost 40% of the people who answered the survey think it is justifiable to kill a mother of two (or anyone, for that matter) just because she may or may not have infected someone with HIV is, quite frankly, appalling. Unless all of you live in a country where citizens killing each other as a means of retaliation is all honky dory, this isn't justified in the least. Perhaps you can sympathize with the guy, understand why he might have flipped a shit. I certainly can. There are plenty of terrible things people might do to me, my family, or my friends that might lead me to retaliate in kind, but I would not condone my reaction as justifiable. People need to learn how to take responsibility for their actions...

All that being said, the actions of this woman were inexcusable. If she was aware that she was HIV positive when she had sex with the guy then she should most certainly have been prosecuted, regardless of whether or not she had actually infected him.
    Last edited by Adamas102; 2012-09-11 at 10:04 AM.

How is killing another human being ever justifiable?

Deleted
    I actually voted it was justified he killed her aswell, while shortly after i didnt think so anymore.
    I guess i behaved like the guy in some way, i did it without thinking!

But what she did sure was a disgusting act. i do however have to say that i find the people with HIV putting it very lightly
    while pretty much everywhere they're taking this so seriously. im practically getting that HIV isnt so bad and you can live as long as a healthy person
    but isnt it also very possible you will not, even with medication? If i had HIV i would rather make it sound like its hard so other people can be more serious about it
    than saying it isnt all that bad, even when i may feel like it isnt. i dont mean for HIV people to act miserable on purpose though, but i think a more serious attitude for the people in this thread here would be more fitting.

I also saw an arguement before of he should went to the clinic and tested before they had sex, i guess its the right thing to do.
    I didnt get tested before i had sex with my boyfriend either, though we were both virgins in any way before we met eachother. sure one of us could have been lying
    But that wasnt how it was and i guess we connected so deep that we did believe eachother. we never have doubted eachother on that ever since
    I recently did got tested for HIV though that was because i'm pregnant and its a common test, but yeah like i thought i didnt have it

That asside i did learn a lot here about HIV and AIDS, wich i do appreciate!

I haven't been bothered to read all the pages, but what would someone legal standing be for this? "Hey this person gave me HIV and they knew it, can i sue them and win?"
    If you're losing an argument, insult their grammar/spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    The question is, why? If she didn't know about it (let's say she didn't), then why would she deserve death? If she did know, how is death going to help you in any fashion?
    Was the origin of topic.

You think she just found out? Surely she knew for quite a while, but didn't want to jeopardize her and her children's "security" in the form of an older and possibly richer man. She has sex with him, protected or not, knowing she has AIDS. Seriously, how dumb can she be?
    One less idiot on this Earth. And another in jail.
    Was the reply

There's nothing "surely" about that, it's pure speculation.
    Is your reply

Frankly, it's not pure speculation. You're flat our wrong. The husbands statement clearly shown, she had known for sometime she had HIV. What other motive could it be? What COULD you say about the motive, to deliberately hide HIV+, other than self preservation? Which would include but not limited too, to jeopardize her and her children's "security" in the form of an older and possibly richer man.

So semantics, AGAIN? So I condensed :the speculation of a motive: into selfishness. Forgive me, as clearly you cannot speak in a slightly obtuse manner around semaphore and not get drilled for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Bolden apparently revealed her HIV status to Dunn after the couple had sex. (To clarify)
    Quote Originally Posted by H3llion View Post
    This, also another problem is that whether she knew she had it or not.
    that is true. but in this case. she did know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizgarth View Post
    I haven't been bothered to read all the pages, but what would someone legal standing be for this? "Hey this person gave me HIV and they knew it, can i sue them and win?"
    Yes you can, appearently there are also some people who have HIV and give it to the other person on purpose ( with the person actually wanting it so he doesent have to be scared anymore to get it... weird logic)
    wich is deemed illegal aswell, i saw it on the news once that shit is crazy

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    self-defense

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    This is not complicated AT ALL!

There is absolutely no justification for murdering someone just because you're angry at them (yes, that is exactly what happened).

The fact that almost 40% of the people who answered the survey think it is justifiable to kill a mother of two (or anyone, for that matter) just because she may or may not have infected someone with HIV is, quite frankly, appalling. Unless all of you live in a country where citizens killing each other as a means of retaliation is all honky dory, this isn't justified in the least. Perhaps you can sympathize with the guy, understand why he might have flipped a shit. I certainly can. There are plenty of terrible things people might do to me, my family, or my friends that might lead me to retaliate in kind, but I would not condone my reaction as justifiable. People need to learn how to take responsibility for their actions...

All that being said, the actions of this woman were inexcusable. If she was aware that she was HIV positive when she had sex with the guy then she should most certainly have been prosecuted, regardless of whether or not she had actually infected him.
    Ok, justifiable means what?

To defend or uphold as warranted or well-grounded.

To understand why he flipped shit, is justifying his actions. And to say you'd act in kind, is condoning your actions. The man is taking responsibility for his actions. Just like you would. Just because someone is guilty of a crime, doesn't mean it was unjustified. You can have justified crime. It means you have to pay for your actions, and this man will.

As a man, that has been slightly in this man's position, you can do something wrong and be right at the same time. This is a case.

15+ Year Old Account
    So, it's late here, I'm extremely sick still, and might be reading this wrong but this poll is "Was him hilling her: Justifiable..etc", which means that Justifiable leads by 9 votes?

Bringing her to court and suing her is "Justifiable", killing her, murdering her in cold blood by stabbing her to death is NOT.

To see SOO many people say that it was justifiable and in effect they'd do the same is nothing short of disgusting.

Hey guys NEWS FLASH this is 2012, soon to be 2013! (Not 1984), we have made MAJOR Medical Advances in the fields of HIV/AIDS treatment and prevention. I suggest you take some time to read up on them, and educate yourself if you think that this was by any means justifiable.

YES, this should and DOES have legal implications (failure to disclose) and he would have rocked her in court, that would have been Justice. Not this. This is bloodlust.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature