583 37.44%
  • Would have gone about it differently.

571 36.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 73 of 84 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    It's not like the Flu where you just go down to your local pharmacy and get a shot once a year.
    Up to 500,000 people die worldwide each year because of the flu. So if someone tells me they have the flu after they have sex with me, I can kill them right? Cause I might die from the exposure?

Now that being said, I'm not trying to say the two are equivalent and I'm in no way trying to marginalize HIV....but the line of reasoning you have can be taken to absurd degrees.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Uldreth View Post
    Yeah man, a girl smoked in my face so I grabbed my shotgun and made a pincushion outta her.

Fucking police refuses to acknowledge my inner turmoil.
    That's apples and oranges man and a very piss poor analogy. A better analogy would be if you had something like the bubonic plague and went around your local shopping mall sneezing or coughing on people with reckless abandon to their health. She was incredibly heartless and reckless and her bad karma caught up to her. It doesn't justify the murder and he belongs in jail, but I won't mourn for her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    For those defending her...
    name one person in this thread who is defending her.

EDIT -- you seem to be terribly confused. no one is defending her...the point is that the murder was not justified, which you yourself are agreeing with.
    Forum badass alert:

Yeah man, a girl smoked in my face so I grabbed my shotgun and made a pincushion outta her.

What does that have to do with anything? Not too many people are saying that he shouldn't be arrested and put on trial. He should be, he broke the law. But as you can see, a third of the people does think that he was morally justified in offing her.

She was a coward and a selfish person and committed actions not only illegal but also contrary to public interest. My level of care for her fate is precisely 0.
    Last edited by Ashnazg; 2012-09-11 at 07:52 PM.

you were acting in self defense weren't you? Someone was damaging your body, so you stopped them. No need for the police to get involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    name one person in this thread who is defending her.

EDIT -- you seem to be terribly confused. no one is defending her...the point is that the murder was not justified, which you yourself are agreeing with.
    Marginalizing her crime is defending her. What she did was monstrous and terrible, and I view her death as bad karma catching up to her. I agree though about him belonging in jail for the rest of his life, he did commit murder but my point was that many people in prison can justify their murder in one way or the other. Doesn't mean they were right or wrong to take matters into their own hands with vigilanty justice, but at least you can wrap your mind around it and understand. Doesn't mean you'd react the same way, but at least you can see where they were coming from or could lose control. Prison is full of stories like that, just because you can sympathize with them and understand their side doesn't mean they don't belong there.

How the hell this get near 100 pages so fast.

Are people that damn pro-american-redneck, and then a few people post 30 replies on the last guy who said "Fair kill"? :[

There is so more to this story than just this. Trough this reminds me of people having HIV and having mass sex, I think I saw a case like this not long time ago. Was a man I belive, who just picked up random girls, and never told he had HIV.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    That's apples and oranges man and a very piss poor analogy. A better analogy would be if you had something like the bubonic plague and went around your local shopping mall sneezing or coughing on people with reckless abandon to their health. She was incredibly heartless and reckless and her bad karma caught up to her. It doesn't justify the murder and he belongs in jail, but I won't mourn for her.
    Nah it is not a bad analogy at all, it is hyperbolic for a reason, as the chances of getting cancer from that is probably much less than the chance of getting HIV from having sex with a HIV positive woman, however the basic idea is the same.

Just because someone wrongs you in some way doesn't mean you can go around and "retaliate" however you please and respond to opponents of such retaliations that "OMGZ U NO UNDERSTAND TURMOIL OF VICTIM". And if someone thinks like that I WILL call him medieval since this sickening attitude was prevailent in the primitive societies of the past and it wasn't a good place to be.

Criminal Transmission of HIV. Look it up. People have been charged for murder, attempted murder, manslaughter, and/or assault for transmitting HIV recklessly or intentionally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Marginalizing her crime is defending her.
    Really? You view the statement of "people should not take the law into their own hands and should pursue the correct legal routes" as marginalizing her crime? If so, then you are horribly and completely missing my point.

I view her death as bad karma catching up to her.
    That's well and good, but people should not be karma's agents and have it be justified. If you want to say she got what was coming to her, that's fine -- but that doesn't excuse the fact that the man committed a crime.

I agree though about him belonging in jail for the rest of his life, he did commit murder but my point was that many people in prison can justify their murder in one way or the other. Doesn't mean they were right or wrong to take matters into their own hands with vigilanty justice, but at least you can wrap your mind around it and understand. Doesn't mean you'd react the same way, but at least you can see where they were coming from or could lose control. Prison is full of stories like that, just because you can sympathize with them and understand their side doesn't mean they don't belong there.
    I get why he did it. Does mean what he did was right.
    Forum badass alert:

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Marginalizing her crime is defending her.
    Saying that what she did does not warrant being on the receiving end of a vigilante murder is not "marginalizing her crime". It's just being realistic.

I do think it's helpful though to do a reality check. Because let's be frank. The reason why people are empathizing with this guy is because they still see HIV as some sort of horrific death sentence that leads to despair and unhappiness. That's the underlying feeling that drives the empathy, and it's an underlying feeling that's ultimately flawed. Admitting that isn't marginalizing her crime though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Really? You view the statement of "people should not take the law into their own hands and should pursue the correct legal routes" as marginalizing her crime? If so, then you are horribly and completely missing my point.

That's well and good, but people should not be karma's agents and have it be justified. If you want to say she got what was coming to her, that's fine -- but that doesn't excuse the fact that the man committed a crime.

I get why he did it. Does mean what he did was right.
    I agree and not once have I said he did the right thing or tried to justify the murder, what he did was equally appalling to me... I'm just saying I understand how he could lose control in such a moment. Like I said, prison is full of stories like that where you might not agree with their actions of vigilanty justice, but at least you can understand their point of view and sympathize with them. Just because I sympathize for this guy, doesn't mean I want him freed or anything... he belongs in prison. I was just pointing out how in prison and with stories of vigilanty justice, how you can at least understand where they were coming from. Doesn't mean he and others are right though, but at least you can kinda understand.

Deleted

This has to be the most stupid analogy i have ever heard in a case like this... The man was obviously uninformed about the actual risks regarding HIV like so many people have previously been in this very thread. The world was told how deadly HIV was for soo many years, how it was incurable, how people would suffer a horrible painful death within years after they got it, and how easily you would catch it pretty much 100% after first intercourse (this was how the presented it, I very well know it isn't the case at all).

Once the world managed to get HIV spread under control we never heard about it again, and many people still believe to this day, that it is a sure death sentence JUST LIKE THIS GUY DID.

Unless you honestly think smoking have the same effect as many people still believe HIV and aids have please stop comparing the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    Didn't read story or comments, but you gotta have sex like 5,000 times as a hetero couple to transfer HIV.. If they did anal then the odds of getting HIV go way up for him.
    The odds wouldn't be that much higher in that case

Quote Originally Posted by FathomFear View Post
    Saying that what she did does not warrant being on the receiving end of a vigilante murder is not "marginalizing her crime". It's just being realistic.

I do think it's helpful though to do a reality check. Because let's be frank. The reason why people are empathizing with this guy is because they still see HIV as some sort of horrific death sentence that leads to despair and unhappiness. That's the underlying feeling that drives the empathy, and it's an underlying feeling that's ultimately flawed. Admitting that isn't marginalizing her crime though.
    And acting as if HIV isn't a big deal is just as naive. Alot of people do live long and good lives with HIV... but ALOT don't. Many die very short lives. Which is why i asked if this guy dies next year in prison due to complications of HIV, would it change the opinion of this story? For me, i think he belongs in jail but I understand how a human being could be so flawed that they would lose control in such a scenario, doesn't mean I justify it at all. Hell if a 5 year old girl is killed in a drive by and her father takes vigilanty justice against that gang member... it doesn't make it right but I can understand his point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylamoo View Post
    Pointless to bring this up because as stated her murdered someone because he believed at the time he was being murdered at the same time. You make it black and white sounding like he did it just because she had HIV. He did it because he believes she gave him HIV(which is debatable as it's a lower chance from female to male) The point being i stated that he is uneducated and doesn't know better, at the time he went berserk(crazy which is a perfect defense for him) and did something he didn't really think through.
    Acting on ignorance is not insanity, it's stupidity.

Actually, if you have sex with someone and you are HIV positive and do not tell your partner before you have sex you can go to jail as a felony in some states, and in some other states that will get you labled as a sex offender. You have to tell people up front about that kind of thing. Not that I approve of murder, but I can understand it in this situation. "oh hey btw i infected you with a very dangerous and potentially deadly disease that will probably dominate your life from this point on. Best of luck!" .... yeah i might stab someone too. Or at least smash their X-box.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree and not once have I said he did the right thing or tried to justify the murder, what he did was equally appalling to me... I'm just saying I understand how he could lose control in such a moment. Like I said, prison is full of stories like that where you might not agree with their actions of vigilanty justice, but at least you can understand their point of view and sympathize with them. Just because I sympathize for this guy, doesn't mean I want him freed or anything... he belongs in prison. I was just pointing out how in prison and with stories of vigilanty justice, how you can at least understand where they were coming from. Doesn't mean he and others are right though, but at least you can kinda understand.
    Alrighty, I think we (finally) understand each other. /highfive
    Forum badass alert:

If he didn't kill her at the time, it wouldn't be a crime of passion.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Sure I'd do it differently. See below:

Code:
    Man sleeps with Girlfriend.

Girlfriend revealed her HIV status to Man after the couple had sex.

Man shrugs it off and makes love to her again.
    If I'm infected anyway, I can at least enjoy her company.
    Sounds like a weird variation on Stockholm Syndrome if anything. Different strokes for different folks I suppose.