Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    People want 1v1 to be more balance because they want success to depend on skill, not class, gear, or spec.

"I have to play with Scissors in order to beat Paper because I rolled Rock," pretty much sums it up (bad pun and all).

Because I just dont find that shit fun.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    People want 1v1 to be more balance because they want success to depend on skill, not class, gear, or spec.

"I have to play with Scissors in order to beat Paper because I rolled Rock," pretty much sums it up (bad pun and all).
    If this were true, we would never see people bitching about GW2s PvP because "classes are all the same".

Perfect class balance is a myth. Perfect balance can only be achieved in games where all players have the same loadout options (Quake 3, UT2004/III, Counter-Strike, etc.), and even then people will just move on to bitching about other imbalances, eg. "Matchmaking sucks, premades vs pugs is unfair" (aka teamwork is OP), "Spawnpoints aren't even", or it may even fall back to the old "LOW PING BASTARD!".

TL;DR You cant please everyone, so why bother trying.
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grraarrgghh View Post
    If this were true, we would never see people bitching about GW2s PvP because "classes are all the same".

Perfect class balance is a myth. Perfect balance can only be achieved in games where all players have the same loadout options (Quake 3, UT2004/III, Counter-Strike, etc.), and even then people will just move on to bitching about other imbalances, eg. "Matchmaking sucks, premades vs pugs is unfair" (aka teamwork is OP), "Spawnpoints aren't even", or it may even fall back to the old "LOW PING BASTARD!".

TL;DR You cant please everyone, so why bother trying.
    You can't please everyone but you can please the majority. To not even try is just being ignorant to the playerbase and will just cause more ;problem. Now just don't try to please everyone, as said, just the majority.

If you have a 100% perfect balance around 1v1(yeah impossible), then 10x10 or 100x100 will be balanced too.
    The only problem is that is really hard to balance anything around 1v1, even Chess that i think is the closest, one guy start fist so...

Some people would complain about a perfect balance, why? because it will take only skill and then people would blame Lag/FPS and things like that. People like to play with OP classes, I have a friend that change his main every patch just to PvP.

It is just unacceptable and completely unbalanced when I can only steamroll 8 of the 9 other classes!!!11!11

/sarcasm

Honestly we will never know what goes on in the mind of the geniuses that play these games, we just have to ignore them and pray to our MMO Gods that devs will do the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have a 100% perfect balance around 1v1(yeah impossible), then 10x10 or 100x100 will be balanced too.
    That's completely not truth. Balanced AoE's are weak in 1v1, and vice-versa (balanced AoE's in 1v1 are overpower in multiplayer), just to mention one example.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Don't think PvP needs any kind of balancing at all what so ever, and I'm probably the only one that thinks that. Any class can beat any other class in any game if you know what you're doing.
    Thats the most incorrect respond ive seen this month. "Any class can beat any other class in any game if you know what you're doing".
    U cant be serious mate?
    Tho i like the scissor, paper, rock discussion that forever will be there. But Take 1 very well playing Mage vs. A very well playing Elemental shaman (pre patch)
    The mage will win for sure, unless hes doing something completely wrong

Classes being balanced 1 vs 1 generally implies that larger groups will also be somewhat balanced when facing each other.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Classes being balanced 1 vs 1 generally implies that larger groups will also be somewhat balanced when facing each other.
    This is not true, classes influence their teammates differently. One class could have a buff which on a 1 on 1 he would use on itself and be balanced with it. In a 5 on 5 he may use that spell on another team member which gets more benefit from it and your gained an advantage over the enemy team. Or some classes 1 on 1 could be balanced around slows, which lose value in the 5 on 5 bracket. Wow got their classes similar enough that balancing 1 on 1 might really help, but its no general rule.

I can understand that system if A could beat B and B could beat C and C could beat A. But the WoW system works like this: A can beat B and C. B can beat A but only with C. C useless alone against anything. How the hell does that even make an semblance of sense?
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Maybe they're just loners :3

The problem is that there is a difference in class "weight" if that makes sense. What I mean is, for example in wow, you need 2-3 people in order to kill a healer or someone being healed. On the other hand, a healer doesn't have any way to kill someone because every class has enough self-healing capability to stay alive against their non existent dps. Then you have tanks that absolutely demolish dps classes that don't have support because their offensive/defensive ratio is way off. Now throw in cc to the equation and you get a clusterfuck where 2 dps classes can instagib stuff if they can chain cc the healer for 2-3 globals.

SO basically it's like:

A dps is worth 1 point
    A healer is worth 2, because he can outheal 2 dps, but if you chain cc him he's worth 0.
    A tank is worth 2 against a dps that hasn't got heals, but worth 0 against one that does.