Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Warlock Lore: What question do you want answered most?

What burning questions have you had about your class from a lore perspective that you've always been dying to know?

what happend to gul'dan at the tomb of sargeras?

Deleted
    Why are everyone accepting warlocks running around when they were the ones who started this whole mess in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of the D&D alignment chart, which ones would not be available for warlocks, which one was Gul'dan (chaotic evil presumably) and which one are you?

Do you think a warlock will ever play a primary roll in the (World of) Warcraft universe again as a main pro- or antagonist again? Would be time already as the last really important one was Gul'dan! (I am neither counting the Eredar as they basically all are warlocks nor Cho'gall as his role was quite small saddly.)

Who or what killed Gul'dan? (If I remember correctly, this was never definitely answered.)
    Last edited by Elmi; 2012-09-10 at 11:07 PM.

Who was the most powerful warlock?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucidious View Post
    Purudius the Fartdealer.

Gul'dan was ambushed by demons as he searched for the Eye of Sargeras. He bled to death alone in the tomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucidious View Post
    Aside from Gul'dan? Kil'jaeden.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    what happend to gul'dan at the tomb of sargeras?
    He got his asshole beat up by a bunch of tomb guardians. And used the blood from his beat up butthole to write his story in runes on the walls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why aren't the Titans doing anything about Sargeras or the Old Gods (I guess it's also a question about where are the Titans currently)
    "... I don't want you to play me a riff that's going to impress Joe Satriani; give me a riff that makes a kid want to go out and buy a guitar and learn to play ..." - Ozzy Osbourne

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmi View Post
    Out of the D&D alignment chart, which ones would not be available for warlocks, which one was Gul'dan (chaotic evil presumably) and which one are you?

Do you think a warlock will ever play a primary roll in the (World of) Warcraft universe again as a main pro- or antagonist again? Would be time already as the last really important one was Gul'dan! (I am neither counting the Eredar as they basically all are warlocks nor Cho'gall as his role was quite small saddly.)

Who or what killed Gul'dan? (If I remember correctly, this was never definitely answered.)
    like netherspark said he was killed by crazed demons in sargeras' tomb. this was shown in WC3:TFT

Yeah didn't Frozen Throne pretty much tie up Gul'dan? We already knew lore-wise that he died in the Tomb and we did all but actually see it in TFT.

My question would be: where the hell are Turalyon and Alleria?

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Aside from Gul'dan? Kil'jaeden.
    Dunno if he really counts as a Warlock. Warlocks enslave demons to siphon their power, whereas Kil'jaeden is a demon himself and leads them.

Wouldn't Ner'zhul have been more powerful than Gul'dan, who was just his apprentice? Or would you still class him as a Shaman? Then again, so was Gul'dan originally. In fact, both of them are being used and manipulated by demons which is kind of the opposite of what a Warlock aims to do...

Where did the old gods come from?

Edit: Sorry, didn't notice the forum. On topic, will we ever find out what happened to the incubi? we know there were a number of situations that could have occured but never got a definative answer.
    Last edited by Togarox; 2012-09-11 at 01:28 AM.

If my Voidwalker is made of shadow how can it tank?

Some background on the warlocks in the Legacy of the Masters book would be nice. Ritssyn has several items named after him and Zelfrax seems to share a name with a gargoyle/demon from a quest in Dustwallow Marsh. Are the two related or is this just a coincedence?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Dunno if he really counts as a Warlock. Warlocks enslave demons to siphon their power, whereas Kil'jaeden is a demon himself and leads them.

Wouldn't Ner'zhul have been more powerful than Gul'dan, who was just his apprentice? Or would you still class him as a Shaman? Then again, so was Gul'dan originally. In fact, both of them are being used and manipulated by demons which is kind of the opposite of what a Warlock aims to do...
    'Warlock' really refers to a user of demonic magic. Also Gul'dan was FAR more powerful than Ner'zhul (until he became the Lich King).

Also, please be aware people that this thread is in the WARLOCK section. Not general lore.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2012-09-11 at 01:49 AM.

Deleted
    Considering Gul'dan is dead who is currently the most powerful living warlock?

who would have won if it was a real fight, Arthas without storyline armor or Illidan (uses two warglaives, master demon hunter, manages to leave himself fully open to a swing of a sword across his chest? my ass)

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Some background on the warlocks in the Legacy of the Masters book would be nice. Ritssyn has several items named after him and Zelfrax seems to share a name with a gargoyle/demon from a quest in Dustwallow Marsh. Are the two related or is this just a coincedence?

Also, please be aware people that this is a WARLOCK thread. Not general lore.

'Warlock' really refers to a user of demonic magic. Also Gul'dan was FAR more powerful than Ner'zhul (until he became the Lich King).
    Yes it would be so nice if a nice mod would change the title to read Warlock Lore: blah blah blah?

Do the 'friendly' Warlock NPCs in the game (and perhaps players too) belong to any specific covens or organizations, or are they all pretty much independant? I seem to remember something about stormwind's warlocks being in a coven called "The Black Claw"?

Also, not totally lore related but can we get a Warlock faction at some point?

Does Gul'dan's spirit still exist somewhere, or is he 100% dead? Where is his skull at the moment, now that Illidan is dead?
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2012-09-11 at 01:44 AM.

Btw thank you whoever updated the title.

You're welcome! :) -Elysia
    Last edited by Elysia; 2012-09-11 at 01:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no pressing question, but I would love to know more about the story that was started in the books that can be found at the trainers in SW (and presumably Org too) They gave a very nice Lore introduction/explanation as to how and why we got new abilities with the different expansion and enemies we faced.

A thought I just had that I might add: I'd love to know how we stay (mostly) uncorrupted. Is it by virtue of NOT using certain abilities/powers (too much); knowing how far to push it without going over the line or is it just a constant mental/physical struggle we have to stay on top of regardless of how much or how little of our powers we use. Or more simply put, are we safe from corruption if we keep things in check or are we constantly being tested and do the right through all that.