10+ Year Old Account

Mesmer leveling help

I'm having a little trouble while leveling. I can get through without worrying about dieing, but it takes me forever to kill more than 2 things. Sometimes I get 3-4 and get a little overwhelmed and almost die. I also don't kill things quite as fast as I see others kill things. That might just be the class, but since I haven't seen many people play mesmer I'm not sure.

I use a Gsword and Staff build, and I build mostly on condition damage and precision, which makes staff my main weapon. Now should I go more for power than precision or condition damage? I try and shatter when I know the mob is going to die, which I can time pretty easily now. Though that doesn't get me past more than one mob, I have to start all over on the next mob(I would have to regardless). I'm not that high of a level(mid 20's), but I still feel like I'm lacking majorly considering I have runes in every single item. 42-47% crit depending on the weapon, as well as a decent amount of condition damage.

My build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fgUQ...XUTreEA1AyCKNA

Any tips?

Edit: Going to go to bed. I'll check back on this before I go to class tomorrow.

Deleted
    I've been having this problem too and leveling is going a lot slower than what I did with my guardian. I can only suggest using your F1 ability once you have a decent amount of phantoms up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone has their own way of playing mesmer. I'm not saying this is the right way, but I had crap gear and didn't have any problems: try out all the weapons. I feel staff/gs gives you the most mobility, or staff/scepter+pistol (sword is also very nice). Keep moving, and get the traits that give you extra clones (mirror images, decoy, defender). When I level, I personally use at least 6 clones per mob. If it helps, think of them as bombs and not long-term pets (some disagree with this and run a heavy phantasm build, it's whatever works for you). Mesmers aren't a powerhouse damage profession; they deal damage in confusion and tricks and take a good amount of micromanagement. They also get better as you go into your trait trees and buff up mind wrack or illusions or whatever you want to focus on.
    Tarnished Coast [CRZY]
    Kumorii - 80 Mesmer
    Chärity - 80 Guardian
    Calinë - 80 Elementalist

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Ayimera, I'll grap a new scepter and pistol to mess around with. I have already unlocked every weapons skills, just went with the staff/Gsword for wvw supply runs and general pvp. Though I'm still not sure what stats I should be stacking with scepter and pistol. Should I go for power with those? Or should I go more into condition damage?