85-90 questing path

I am wondering what people think the best path to take for questing is for 85-90. I plan on doing 85-86 in Jade Temple Forest with my monk 50% XP boost but I am unsure where to go from there.

Deleted
    The only zones where you have to make a choice is Krasarang Wilds or Valley of the Four Winds, every other zone directly follows the last.

I'm not sure where I would find information about what zone is for what level, do you have a list by any chance?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dither9 View Post
    The only zones where you have to make a choice is Krasarang Wilds or Valley of the Four Winds, every other zone directly follows the last.
    I agree with this. I wrote up something about how to quest per level before the XP was increased, now it's pretty different. Krasarang Wilds, however, won't give you as much XP if you complete the zone compared to if you completed VotFW. VotFW has given me a full level after the XP increase, where Krasarang is about 3/4 (or lower). It feels like a filler zone.

But anyway, after you do 86-87 (with VotFW+Krasarang or just VotFW) you'd just continue where the quest lines take you.

Jade Forest (85-86) > VotFW or Krasarang + VotFW (86-87) > Kun-Lai Summit (87-88) > Townlong Steppes (88-89) > Dread Wastes (89-90).
    Last edited by Hanto; 2012-09-11 at 02:37 PM.

Hi there, wanted to ask a related question. The answer above me dictates it is simply one gigantic questline, throughout the majority of the zones. Which means that it will not be possible to jump into the next zone as soon as you ding the required level(Such as in Cata release via the Warchief's Command Board, haven't seen that around on the beta). Any clarification here, or any thoughts on what might be the most optimal way to go?
    Code:
    while (flamingPeople)
    {
         ePenis++;
    }

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    I'm not sure where I would find information about what zone is for what level, do you have a list by any chance?
    Go to your map on WoW, right click until you see all of azeroth, then click pandaria, and mouseover each zone to see what levels they are for.

IIRC The zones go:

The Jade Forest - Level 85 - 87
    Valley of the Four Winds - Level 86 - 87
    Krasarang Wilds - Level 86 - 87
    Kun-Lai Summit - Level 87 - 88
    Townlong Steppes - Level 88 - 89
    Dread Wastes - Level 89 - 90
    Vale of Eternal Blossoms - Level 90.

Not at my computer so I can't check I may be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    VotFW has given me a full level after the XP increase
    How did you do that? I did Vo4W on saturday and i ended up at 93%. This includes killing two rare mobs worth a total of 350k xp (this is 3 quests).

Also, you shouldn't see Valley is a whole. Krasarang in terms of XP is equal to Vo4W up to including the Brewery Chain. After that both of them run together in Stoneplow/Nessingwary.
    Further, Townlong and Dreadwastes are still far from enough for their level brackets. You'll miss 2-3 bubbles of XP in Townlong for 89, and 4 bubbles to 90 in Dreadwastes.

With that said... You won't be able to reach lvl 90 through questing if you don't do all quests in every zone.

Deleted
    I was planning to stumble round and go were looks fun at the time.

There are multiple directions you can take when you get to Kun-Lai, and even with the XP nerf I didn't have to do the whole zone before I dinged out. Then again this was a blacksmith/miner so I was getting gathering XP.

Also if you complete Kun-Lai and Townlong with a little gathering XP you should be able to get to 90 with only a couple quests in Dread Wastes (which I applaud, because I hated Purple Silithus)