10+ Year Old Account

Dumb GW2 Question Thread

I need to ask a dumb question. I tried SPvP for the first time the other day, and I while I knew ahead of time that I would receive a set of PVP gear upon zoning in, I didn't realize that I would be assigned weapons. Well, as a Warrior I was given 2 axes, which play entirely differently from the Greatsword I had become accustomed to while leveling, and frankly I don't much care for them. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to obtain the sort of weapon that I want, however, and Google has failed me with gusto. How do I do it? How do I get a greatsword for SPvP skull bashing?

(سಥ益ಥ)س Y U TAKE BOB DOLE'S PEANUT BUTTER?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a pvp weapons vendor just to the right of the portal you spawn near (or east on the map), he vends you a basic skinned version of any weapon, and also vends runes to put into them. All for free.

For sPvP is there any downside to being low level? I realize that you gain "pvp levels" and can obtain gear etc off the different rank vendors and I was just wondering if there is any difference between someone who plays at rank 2 and some at rank 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Borvo View Post
    For sPvP is there any downside to being low level? I realize that you gain "pvp levels" and can obtain gear etc off the different rank vendors and I was just wondering if there is any difference between someone who plays at rank 2 and some at rank 80.
    Nope, its all normalized.

15+ Year Old Account
    So I have a pvp gear question too. There is a vendor in wvw that has level 60 items that cost some kind of currency I don't recognize. Its some kind of token, but there is no tool tip when I scroll over it. So can anyone tell me what this currency is? I've been looking for the info but not even the wiki seems to have this info
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    So I have a pvp gear question too. There is a vendor in wvw that has level 60 items that cost some kind of currency I don't recognize. Its some kind of token, but there is no tool tip when I scroll over it. So can anyone tell me what this currency is? I've been looking for the info but not even the wiki seems to have this info
    Badge of honor from killing players
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

I have a dumb question too!

Transmutation stones: the basic ones with the level 79 restriction, is the restriction for the level of the item you're using to transmute or the level of the item you're wearing? Example: I have level 80 pants I don't like, I want to make them look like the level 46 pants I have in my bank, will the basic work or do I need to use a fine stone?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhinomatic View Post
    I have a dumb question too!

Transmutation stones: the basic ones with the level 79 restriction, is the restriction for the level of the item you're using to transmute or the level of the item you're wearing? Example: I have level 80 pants I don't like, I want to make them look like the level 46 pants I have in my bank, will the basic work or do I need to use a fine stone?
    If any item is 80 it won't work
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass