Thread: Pvp power

Pvp power

Just saw a person gemmed full pvp power

Is there any benifit to do that and not use a proper gem for that socket

Deleted
    Well.. yeah
    PvP power purely increases your damage against other players, or increase the effectiveness of your healing spells in BG.
    Think of it as ARP from WotLK, very similiar

I've changed all blue / yellow to pvp power / resil gem, with red slots still main stat. Since the socket bonus is usually resil, I'd be loathe to gem to pvp power in a red socket. How's that working out for me? I dunno, I was globalled before and I'm globalled now.

but lets say red sockets, for a feral druid instead of putting a pure agil in it or any main stat for any character would the straight pvp power be better ?

If you're alliance you do not want any PVP Power whatsoever. None. Zilch. Nada. Nothing..

That being said I've put purple gems in all my Red/Blue slots and Green gems in Yellow slots. I play an affliction warlock and I'm usually top damage done, and I flirt with most KB's.

I would like to see some numbers, showing which is better.

Deleted
    I play a boomie,

recently gemed and enchanted my gear to pvp power, sitting at 26 % dmg+ !

imho PvP Power is stronger than Int... while pvp power gives you a percentage of extra dmg, int doesn't.
    I assure you, you totally can feel the difference of having that pvp power or not.

With my 26 % dmg bonus I outnumber most of the resilience people have through pvp gear ( I have about 64 % resilience, so 24 % added through my pvp gear)

EDIT:

I wouldn't go for +50 PvP Power in every socket, still would be going for primary stats in red sockets and take care of getting every socket bonus
    Last edited by mmoc593a65373c; 2012-09-12 at 11:40 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm rocking 30% PvP power on my ret, loving it. I've gemmed pretty much all PvP power, with the exception of 3 pure strength gems to keep my meta gem working. Is it better than normal gemming? It's hard to say, however my enemies usually get shit on by me in 1v1s. Ret is a rather strong class for 1v1 either way though, so hard to tell.

Edit: In random bgs I pretty much always top the damage, depending a lil bit on how much I decide to play support with offheals and such.

Quote Originally Posted by SirreASDF View Post
    I'm rocking 30% PvP power on my ret, loving it. I've gemmed pretty much all PvP power, with the exception of 3 pure strength gems to keep my meta gem working. Is it better than normal gemming?
    Ur doin' it rite.

Regardless. @ OP: PvP Power linearly increases all of your damage and healing.
    This means that while Resilience's effectiveness decreases the more you have, Power does the absolute opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Veliane View Post
    Ur doin' it rite.

Regardless. @ OP: PvP Power linearly increases all of your damage and healing.
    This means that while Resilience's effectiveness decreases the more you have, Power does the absolute opposite.
    Resilience RATING's effectiveness decreases the more you have. The actual reduction that you gain from resi actually gets better each aditional % reduction you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Allfinete View Post
    Resilience RATING's effectiveness decreases the more you have. The actual reduction that you gain from resi actually gets better each aditional % reduction you have.
    And PvP power is exactly linear.

In general, it will be better to use full red gems and use pvp power hybrid gems. This is because the extra agility or w/e from the red gems will benefit from the pvp power. Think of it like this- if you had 0 intellect and 100% pvp power, how much damage would you do? For mages the scaling is basically 1 point of intellect per 3 points of pvp power for max damage. IDK bout the other classes.