Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Resident Evil 6 Day one DLC multiplayer modes

This is bad really bad Just as bad as mass effect 3 dlc tbh. dlc is getting really bad even ff13-2 a game that i really liked is guilty of this to with 3 small parts of the story in dlc. Im just curious when is this going to stop.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is the future of gaming, i doubt it will ever stop

Deleted
    As long as people keep buying Day 1 DLC it won't stop.

Deleted
    Glad nobody cares about the multiplayer in resident evils.

This is capcom, they would be selling patch to make re6 playable on pc if they werent ignoring PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    this is the future of gaming, i doubt it will ever stop
    No, it is the current state of gaming. I strongly hope and do beleive that in a decade gaming will have significantly evolved and this will no longer be the case. Hopefully giants like EA will not be so predominant (bloody hope not) and companies which care more about their games and their customers, or at least not screwing them over completely, (Trion, Arenanet, Valve, Bethesda all come to mind) will be more powerful.

Gaming is still young compared to most other dominant forms of entertainment. Hopefully it continues to grow in a positive direction, and this DLC/multiplayer craze will blow over.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    This is capcom, they would be selling patch to make re6 playable on pc if they werent ignoring PC.
    after seeing my friends play RE4 on wii/xbox/etc.. and thinking it was awesome, I decided to buy it on PC.
    one of the worst purchases of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    after seeing my friends play RE4 on wii/xbox/etc.. and thinking it was awesome, I decided to buy it on PC.
    They had the guts to forget that PC actualy uses mouse... Oh well, at least we have Dead Space now.

After playing that abomination for a while, I guess I learned to accept other ports for what they are.
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2012-09-11 at 07:27 PM.

Resident Evil has never been about the multiplayer. Multiplayer is a fine DLC option for a game like Resident Evil 6.

If we were talking about Call of Duty, it might be a problem, but this is Resident Evil and multiplayer being DLC is fine with me.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    I also hate this dlc crap, I mean I don't mind if it's free, but really, if a company makes a game, why are they adding more stuff to it? Like I said if it's free it's ok, like iwth TF2 bot play mode(or wtv it is) and that is completely ok, but making more parts of the game is just stupid I think.

Companies should focus their dlc content and make an entire new game or something. Jesus, I really hate dlc because most of the times I play a game for the lore and if they make new stuff I can't learn them because I don't want to spend money on dlc just for the lore, when the "big" part of the game is already finished and there's no point in adding another story.

To be fair, there's a pretty big block of time between submitting a game and getting it printed on disks and when the actual game is released (months), so you should expect developers to continue working on content for the game during that time. As long as it's not ON the disk, I don't see a big issue with it.

Then again, it's Capcom we're talking about -_-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    RE4 one of the best games EVER CREATED. Sadly it is a fucking piece of SHIT on PC, it's not even a game on PC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    To be fair, there's a pretty big block of time between submitting a game and getting it printed on disks and when the actual game is released (months), so you should expect developers to continue working on content for the game during that time. As long as it's not ON the disk, I don't see a big issue with it.

Then again, it's Capcom we're talking about -_-
    I'd go with it's the Capcom part. :P

DLC isn't really going to go away until the majority of the people stop buying it that it makes it not profitable to make the DLC.

I am a bit confused. Day 1 DLC? What I have read about Resident Evil 6 and the dlc was that it was going to be released at an unspecified time after the game releases. Not the day of release.

As long as the game isn't released with a key character only being available in DLC and the ending of the game being cut out, I dont care.

it stops when people stop buying the game and give feedback to the developers on why.

If you buy the game, or worse, buy the dlc, then it will never stop, because you are encouraging them.

Free DLC for purchasing an original copy: perfectly okay in my books.
    Day one purchasable DLC: what scumbags. When I buy a new game I expect the whole game.

You have resident evil 6? I have it reserved and it says oct 2nd for PS3. Is it already out for PC or is it something about Multiplayer?

And btw,

http://www.gamesradar.com/resident-e...es-post-launch

They haven't said when the DLC will be launched. So it's not confirmed to be day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxtroll55 View Post
    This is bad really bad Just as bad as mass effect 3 dlc tbh. dlc is getting really bad even ff13-2 a game that i really liked is guilty of this to with 3 small parts of the story in dlc. Im just curious when is this going to stop.
    The fact that resident evil has multiplayer boggles my mind, why this great game franchise has been shit on with these features, when will we get the good old RE back?

And also since all of you seem to bitch about dlc and have no clue about how game deving works let me educate you a little. When a game goes gold which is what it means when they print it onto the discs this is not like the day before its released but more like a month or 2 before the release date, after that the devs have 2 options, take a break or start making DLC. SO they make dlc and suprise its ready for day one release, So please stop your ignorant bitching about this.