Wizard Act 3 - fast farming?

Is there any way or route for us wizards to farm at a decent rate?

I can do around 7mil/15min but that's only from KD2, Core of Arreat, TotD1, Arreat Crater 2. I'll be adding FoS aswell to my route.

I did try to use a lot of builds ranging from huge DPS to huge movement speed.

86k DPS with 0% movement speed and prismatic armor - 7mil/15min
    74k DPS with 24% movement speed and Scramble (25% MS when you are hit, makes you fast as fuck) - 6.5mil in 17min

Both on the same route.

Idea for more things to try?

I have settled on Core (Azmodan WP) -> TotD 1 -> TotC 1 -> Arreat Crater 2 -> Keep Depths 2 & 3, about 9,5m XP and takes me 20 minutes on avg with 12% run speed and looting 62 & 63 rares, it's the most predictable areas that provide the best Archon uptime.

That still feels kinda slow especially compared with DH/Monks/Barbs. There must be something everyone is missing to help make the runs faster.
    Something that can be cast while moving and deal decent damage.

Not really, the closest you would get is blizzard but even if it would work you would have to not care about loot at all as you wouldn't see the loot drop, WW barb will have 40%+ run speed if he gears correctly, DH will have speed boost through various means, monk has teleporting basic attack and run speed if geared well enough to take the passive, wizzard is more locked down movement wise to do damage.

With insane gearing you might be able to make a full on WW build, I don't want to think of the cost to get max possible AP on crit and 40%+ crit rating with enough all resist and armor to make it work though.
    Last edited by Redblade; 2012-09-12 at 12:02 AM.

This is a bit of an older thread, but I am shocked to learn how much money you can get from act 3. 7mil per 15 minutes?!

Is there anything like that you can do with Act 2? I am up to Belial, but I need more gear to finish this act off and move on I believe. I still am having trouble finding a build that works for me. I still am having trouble dying once in a while. I only have about 22k health, which I think is probably far too low.

Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    This is a bit of an older thread, but I am shocked to learn how much money you can get from act 3. 7mil per 15 minutes?!

Is there anything like that you can do with Act 2? I am up to Belial, but I need more gear to finish this act off and move on I believe. I still am having trouble finding a build that works for me. I still am having trouble dying once in a while. I only have about 22k health, which I think is probably far too low.
    Experience points, not gold =)

---

@ OP & other paragon grinders: have a look at this thread on DF, it won't be some kind of revelation but it may help you tweak your route a bit.
    Last edited by Trotheus; 2012-09-21 at 01:25 AM.