Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    I hope challenge modes are really hard as they advertise
    They made the comment on twitter yesterday that Hoptallus is harder than any raid boss they've ever designed....so take that fwiw.

Deleted
    So many lore questions, are there really that many people interested in that crap o_O I always assumed most people don't even bother to read the quest text

I don't think they quite realise how bad RNG is for 10 mans either. So much discussion regarding 25 man raiding, not saying they're doing enough etc. 25 raiders get loot FAR FAR easier than 10 man, even if the allocated loot numbers are the same (they're not).
    Last edited by mmoc053e24f82b; 2012-09-12 at 04:54 AM.

Deleted
    What are Blizzards views on 25-man raiding? - Can anything be done to save 25-man raiding or make it more appealing? (Does Blizzard have something up their sleeves?) - What has caused 25-man raids to fade away?
    In short, we're not satisfied with the current status of 25-player raids. There are clear logistical challenges to sustaining a 25-player raiding group. It's inherently 2.5 times as much churn, and thus 2.5 times as much recruitment needed.
    What I personally dont like about 10-mans is that most guilds tend to stick with certain classes they see as standard. Leaving certain specs looking for either the rare 10-man guild that does take their spec or 25-man guild, which is tending to get more and more rare.

The more 25-mans die, the more Blizzard's concept of "bring the player, not the class" fails.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiarno View Post
    What I personally dont like about 10-mans is that most guilds tend to stick with certain classes they see as standard. Leaving certain specs looking for either the rare 10-man guild that does take their spec or 25-man guild, which is tending to get more and more rare.

The more 25-mans die, the more Blizzard's concept of "bring the player, not the class" fails.
    Then Blizz will have to make the classes that miss out more attractive to the raid to have a chance, but only Blizz can make that happen and not sure they will.

Same old Blizz. I noticed nothing new was said about the alliance. Might have to change my mind about staying with the game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halaberiel View Post
    So many lore questions, are there really that many people interested in that crap o_O I always assumed most people don't even bother to read the quest text

I don't think they quite realise how bad RNG is for 10 mans either. So much discussion regarding 25 man raiding, not saying they're doing enough etc. 25 raiders get loot FAR FAR easier than 10 man, even if the allocated loot numbers are the same (they're not).
    Yeah dude, did you know that Warcraft has a storyline that predates World of Warcraft which many people have been following?

Crazy concept, I know!

Deleted

Lore is the reason why so many people are playing WoW ( I know I am, and I'm not even Red Shirt guy lore knowledge at all). I tried other mmos, but they feel so lackluster, it so hard to think about game when you don't have any connection with.
    I like to raid in WoW and stuff, but what I'm most interested in MoP is lore like, Wrathion questline, Garrosh being a vilian, and everything what lurks in the future (Azshara, Burning Legion, Old Gods, war between Horde and Alliance)

A novel about Vol'jin? Well, now I feel I have to get it since I haven't acquired Jaina's yet. So much to look forward to in MoP... Can't wait! =D

As for 25 man getting more loot, you've got to be in it, to win it.

On the Loot RNG front Blizzard are introducing a token that gives you chance at additional loot. It should help get them last few items that never drop.

Having more bosses that actually drop loot will help as well.

Deleted
    Nice reply for the hybrid healing -_-

All three of my questions were answered. ^_^
    This makes me a very happy man, seeing as how I assumed that none of them were going to be!

It was nice seeing something of mine on the front page, even though it was small. :3

On a side note, related to my questions, I really hope that Blizzard does find a way to bring players back into 25-man raiding!

You really could've let your first article about the reddit stay as it was ... I started reading your transcript at home, got about 3/4 through, then head off to work. And now I see you reorganized it not only for this NEW post, but in the OLD post as well!

On CRZ: The dodged most of the points. I'm not looking forward to have this enabled for my realm.

Legendary chain: Better farm LFR every week as well as normal/heroic raids then, since it increases your amount of quest mats (at least thats ow I read that answer).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorothusian View Post
    Same old Blizz. I noticed nothing new was said about the alliance. Might have to change my mind about staying with the game
    It really blows my mind someone would consider quitting the game because a CM/Dev doesn't answer a question about Alliance lore. You seriously cannot be serious :/

I mean I'm a huge lore fan too, but I just don't see that being a big deal.

Anyways, I wish GC would answer the question about letting us use the other player models currently in game. Like Dark Iron and Wildhammer dwarves. Or Fel and Dragonmaw orcs. Or just the races with tattoos etc. Possibly even letting us use the beefy troll model instead of the current player one would be great too, but that one might require more than just a new skin addition.

I'm a little fuzzy on the lore aspects regarding some of those races and the Horde/Alliance, but I do know the horde does have some Dragonmaw in it and Fel Orcs aren't all evil. They're just orcs that were drinking the demonic hateraid. The only one I'm a bit fuzzy on right now is Dark Iron dwarves. Although actually now that I think about it since Moira is in Ironforge and in the alliance now that opens up a reason for them to be members of the Alliance too.
    Last edited by Beet; 2012-09-12 at 09:30 AM.

Lore is one of the main reasons I play this game. I've read all the books as well.

yes, the vast majority of players. You're a guest in our fucking game, so keep your crap in your box and go "lol" in the corner.

Deleted
    Raids with friends >> Raid Finder >> no raiding at all.
    Hm.... isn't that the notation for streaming in C++?

I hope he means: Raids with friends > Raid Finder > no raiding at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    I hate to be 'that guy' but that's been known ever since LFR testing started in the beta.
    If I'm not mistaken, during DS beta, you could start and progress the FotF chain in LFR. You know, pickpocketing Hagara and so on. That never made it to Live. So......

So what I took away from this is that we see the horde lore with Thrall developed in game and we read about the alliance lore with Varian in books. Alliance aid to Gilneas is only seen ingame if you level an undead - it is not seen if you level a worgen because once you leave the starting area you are doing usual alliance level grind. So if I'm interested in alliance lore I should stop playing WOW and buy the books. Too bad the endgame isn't taking dynamite into SW Keep to blast Varian out of it. And looks like Jaina gets angry momentarily before going back to being the great WOW pacifist. I totally enjoy the Lillian Voss storyline and Sylvannas story line leveling an undead gives. And I don't think anything is under Tirisfal Glades.

Will you do something to help/save the dying/dead servers like merging some of them? I would even be willing to give up my beloved toon's name for being able to have fun again.
    I'll add to this by saying that the nature of the way the player population distributes itself, merging servers ends up not really being the great solution many players imagine.

At this point, the overwhelming majority of players online at any given time are at max level and hanging around in major population centers. Merging servers makes the cities far more populated, but the outdoor world still ends up feeling dead, nothing like what the world feels like when the player population in general is still leveling-up. Even if you assume MoP succeeds in getting people back out into the world, it's important to understand that that will mean people will be out in the world in Pandaria, but the rest of the world would still feel abandoned.
    UGH SHUT UP ABOUT "THE WORLD". THE WORLD IS NOT THE POINT. What about the raiding scene? The economy?

Quote Originally Posted by Sakamae View Post
    They made the comment on twitter yesterday that Hoptallus is harder than any raid boss they've ever designed....so take that fwiw.
    I dunno , blizz tends to have a very controversy opinion about difficulty , i would just wait and see ;p