Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

LOW Level Disc Priest DPS?

I'm currently leveling a Priest in full Heirlooms and I've noticed, even if the other players in full Heirlooms in dungeons that I am always top DPS.
    This has been the case from level 15 up until level 50 (I'm level 50 now)
    Has there been a major damage increase so they can compete with Mistweaver DPS or is just bad scaling for low level like Ambush Rogues in PVP?

10+ Year Old Account
    get this talent http://www.wowdb.com/spells/129250-power-word-solace and watch the damage
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

I've been destroying people in PvP 1v1 as Disc, just from Penance and Solace. Solace especially, since it costs no mana and GIVES mana, it's really amazing. I defeated a hunter and a pala after him in a bg a few days ago. Felt so OP :3

Wouldn't surprise me if they're good dps at low levels, because they're decent at max atm.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

Deleted
    I'll spec into Solace when I get home from work. I'm excited now haha.

Disc has been OP for low levels for all of cata, and from my testing in the beta it does seem to be the easiest way to level still. It probably will have a point where it it's not so ridiculously easy compared to the other specs, just haven't figured out what exactly it is though.

I logged on and did some dungeons on my level 65 priest tonight, and came out as top DPS too by a large margin in every run unless the tank was a DK (to which it was closer). I also beat a random level 71 warrior who challenged me to a duel, and it wasn't even close. Priests are quite overpowered right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Dungeons at all level before 80 disc priests are doing INSANE dps mostly through penance used offensively on cooldown.

after level 80 when mastery kicks in the scaling gets a little less biased and by 85, you will no longer be topping dps meters.

they really ought to make Penance do 50% of it's current damage and transfer 200% of the damage done as healing via atonment or make it do 33% of it's current damage and heal for 300% of the damage done between for levels 1-79. that would reduce the dps without reducing the healing.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-09-13 at 03:09 PM.

Deleted
    I'm looking to level a priest, guess I'll go disc!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    in Dungeons at all level before 80 disc priests are doing INSANE dps mostly through penance used offensively on cooldown.

after level 80 when mastery kicks in the scaling gets a little less biased and by 85, you will no longer be topping dps meters.

they really ought to make Penance do 50% of it's current damage and transfer 200% of the damage done as healing via atonment or make it do 33% of it's current damage and heal for 300% of the damage done between for levels 1-79. that would reduce the dps without reducing the healing.
    The additional % wouldn't even matter for the healing if they reduced penance's damage... you can heal a low level instance (15-70ish) without using much more than Renew alone.

Deleted
    I used to top damage in 5 mans as Disc in WOTLK. Used to get the holy nova glyph for increased damage, then run in circles spamming holy nova the whole time. Holy nova causes 0 aggro so you dont even have to worry about mobs attacking you, and it did enough AOE healing to my group that i didn't need to use other healing spells.

10+ Year Old Account
    Disc is SO OP atm.....even in the high 70's topping all dmg charts and just destroying in BG's. It's getting ridiculous. My full heirloom mage just died to one penance.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they really care to be honest, it only really affects dungeon groups between 15-80, and if you put any healer in full heirlooms and know how to deal damage you can top dps in most dungeons just because other people either dont know what they're doing or don't care or both.

In battlegrounds it's more an issue, but Blizzard has stated for years they don't really balanced BGs that aren't max level (which right now is level 90). If not for penance killing people in low level brackets it would be hunters or rogues or mages or death knights.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

I remember the shadow priest fix during t11. Instead of nerfing multi-dot, or single target spells, they nerfed our total shadow damage, effectively rendering the tiny mind sear buff they did two days before that invalid. Was a total facepalm award winner.

I bet to fix Disc in low levels, they reduce mana regen of lvl 90 disc or something in those lines, lol.

Blizz said they ARE doing something to Balance the numbers at lower levels, we'll probably see these changes in 5.1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    get this talent http://www.wowdb.com/spells/129250-power-word-solace and watch the damage
    Actually that is worse. Doesnt stack evangalism.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm leveling an Assassination Rogue at the moment and the only spec that can even come close to my damage in the 70s dungeons is Discipline. Penance hits like a freaking truck. 5k+ ticks at L75. It's pretty funny seeing a healing spec blowing up the damage meters on single-target.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Blizz said they ARE doing something to Balance the numbers at lower levels, we'll probably see these changes in 5.1
    They say that every now and then, my prediction is we see it in patch 11.5.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Penance Overpowered
    I think it's important for everyone to keep in mind that what you're seeing/experiencing is an incomplete picture. We've been working on maintaining balance through the levels as much as possible, but ultimately, the development team is tuning for level 90.

While there has been a spate of "nerf this/nerf that" threads because of these experiences, it's important to remember that these types of comments (nerf threads) are not generally very helpful. It also leads to flame wars from those that are at risk of being subject to said nerfs.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Penance is not scaling like it should at low levels. They hit like trucks in instances :P
    Surrounded by idiots

I don't see the problem, i just do 30k dmg with penance at level 75, and only if it crits 3 times
    CPU:i5-3570k@0,930V MB:ASUS P8Z77-V GPU:GTX 680 Lightning RAM:8GB DDR3 1600