Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Well you just said it yourself. The ISS set is there, but it is easier to go other routes. My entire point has been and will always be that if Trion is hard up about this Rift concept, then the Planar sets should be on par or easier to get. They game keeps getting compared to WoW for a very good reason when it comes to how you get good gear.

It is a raid grinder when it does not have to be. From what everyone seems to agree is that they are ok with the Rifts basically being a gimick.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    if Trion is hard up about this Rift concept
    I think you are mistaking Trion for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    I think you are mistaking Trion for you.
    They are clearly still pushing the open world concept and different type of Rifts in Storm Legion. The problem is quest blues and purples are about to become better then the gear in the Rift vendor. What is going to happen to this particular form of gear progression in SL?

There are a few things they have been silent on like pvp and what there plans are for keeping Rifts and zone events relevant. My guess for pvp is they plan on expanding the conquest idea and that will be pvp from now on.

I am just waiting on the 1.11 pre patch notes to hit the pts. There is some work to do on this "faction vs fiction" stuff they are pushing because 1.10 was missing alot of changes needed for the instant adventures to accommodate Defiants in Guardian territory and vice versa. Basically right now as a Defiant if you get the Gloamwood IA you are teleported into a death trap.

Well you just said it yourself. The ISS set is there, but it is easier to go other routes. My entire point has been and will always be that if Trion is hard up about this Rift concept, then the Planar sets should be on par or easier to get. They game keeps getting compared to WoW for a very good reason when it comes to how you get good gear.

It is a raid grinder when it does not have to be.
    From what everyone seems to agree is that they are ok with the Rifts basically being a gimick.
    You are right, it does not have to be, unless you want to raid, then of course that is what raiding IS. However, if you want to skip tiers, there are still THREE other ways to gear up outside of raiding. You can run Experts via LFD tool and get Infernal Marks of Ascension to get TIER 3 RAID GEAR WITHOUT STEPPING INTO A RAID. You can FARM PLAT and buy the gear that is T2 Equivilent, or farm the mats yourself and have someone make it. You can farm ISS and get the Planar Conq/Hero Gear. Yes, they take time. That is the point, if you want to skip tiers you gotta work at it. If you want raid quality gear, which is good for raiding and if you don't raid you really don't need anyway, you must raid, or take a long ass time to do it. You keep calling it a raid grind, saying the barrier to entry is high, when it isn't, and saying that raiding is the only way to get there when it is not.

As for Rifts, as Tarien pointed out, you are the one stuck on that concept, not Trion. Trion gave it up a while ago. They wanted it to be a main focus, however, when they were hard and required a group, people complained and didn't do them, they nerfed them, people complained and didn't do them. They have major Rifts, Daily Expert Rifts, Daily Raid Rifts, zone events that hinge on closing Rifts and destroying Invasions. Players complain about them and don't want to do them. Trion is still including them in zone events, but if players don't want them(other than you) you focus on what your player base wants, which is raids.

Also, the planar set ARE on par. So you saying they need to be on par or easier to get really sounds like you just want it easier to get and handed to you for playing the one aspect of the game you seem to think is the only aspect of the game. This is not exactly a casual game, however, they have added ways for casuals to get stuff. If you want a casual friendly game this is not it. They make some accommodations for it, which is why it has been easy for me as a fairly new player to get there and geared up and help others do the same, but this is not WoW. You are not intended to skip tiers. They do not want to invalidate the content they worked hard on providing. They want it there and relevant so you can see it and run it because others still are too because it is still relevant. If you want to jump to the latest tier and skip everything else there is a game for that. This is not it.

See this is where I call bullshit because a guild can carry a bad player a gear them up relatively fast by feeding them gear while someone who's schedule does not fit a guild is screwed. This is not supposed to be a raid centric mmo. When I think raid centric I think WoW.

If they are going raid centric, then that means dead and meaningless world. They have talked about hunt rifts and I assume they are keeping essenses and resist for raids. The information coming out about SL has been limited at best and is more then likely being tested by guilds who only raid and can give two shits about alternate gear paths.

This does go back to that thing of needing a open beta which appears to be having a cold chance in hell of actually happening with the time they have left. I am just confused by wtf the big secret they are hiding is. My guess is they are worried about being drowned out by MoP hype, since it releases soon.

It was better before they changed the file structure on the pts when we could datamine the info and atleast see wtf they were working on. Shit some of the raid guilds probably stayed sub'd to Rift because we found files called Infernal Dawn that they kept secret forever

This is not supposed to be a raid centric mmo.
    Again, you're mistaking your own opinions for those of Trion.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Again, you're mistaking your own opinions for those of Trion.
    You cannot keep saying dynamic world in every other sentence, then not investing time in it. This is not me saying dynamic it is them. I am just telling you how to get people to do the content and not make it feel like a grind fest.

Out of curiosity, what the fuck do you want to do with T3 gear anyway? You have no time to raid, so why the hell do you need T3? You've complained the stats are barely a step up from T2 and it's supposedly impossible to attain it, so seriously, what do you possibly need T3 gear for that T2 can't handle? Is there some impossible feat you're trying to attain, or are you a firm believer that your 1.5 years of playing Rift merit the very best the game has to offer you? Will T3 gear make your chars PvP L3g3ndz?

I can't think of a single thing I can't do in my crafted/T2 mix of gear that T3 would change.

Quote Originally Posted by Acquiesce of Telara View Post
    firm believer that your 1.5 years of playing Rift merit the very best the game has to offer you?
    Basically that right there. It would be nice to be on a equal footing once Storm Legion rolls around. As fun as it sounds getting my ass stomped because I did not have tier 3 raid gear. Also it would be nice to see the inside of Primeval Feast before the raid becomes completely irrelevant.

You cannot keep saying dynamic world in every other sentence, then not investing time in it. This is not me saying dynamic it is them. I am just telling you how to get people to do the content and not make it feel like a grind fest.
    They have invested time into it. That's why we have a second tier of rift raids, crafting rifts, PvP rifts, and a much improved zone event system on IE. And you seem to be mistaking PR/marketing buzzwords for what they actually mean internally. They do have a relatively "dynamic" world and they can absolutely repeat that they put time into it, but thinking that's the ONLY focus is foolish.

But when they see more people actively engaged in raiding compared to current rift content, and a higher demand for raiding content, I don't see why they wouldn't try their best to meet that demand.

Basically that right there. It would be nice to be on a equal footing once Storm Legion rolls around. As fun as it sounds getting my ass stomped because I did not have tier 3 raid gear. Also it would be nice to see the inside of Primeval Feast before the raid becomes completely irrelevant.
    Hartsman already said that he was still using ID gear at around 55. What the hell makes you think you're going to get your ass stomped? Oh, that's right, your ignorance. Which pretty much sums up everything you've said so far. Pure ignorance.

You're the same type of person that has ruined World of Warcraft as well. "I log in for 4 minutes a day, I deserve purplez with as little effort as possible." "I log in for 20 minutes a day, I deserve to progress through normal raid content as fast as people who invest 4+ hours." The fact is that you don't deserve shit. Get over it, snowflake.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Hartsman already said that he was still using ID gear at around 55. What the hell makes you think you're going to get your ass stomped? Oh, that's right, your ignorance. Which pretty much sums up everything you've said so far. Pure ignorance.

You're the same type of person that has ruined World of Warcraft as well. "I log in for 4 minutes a day, I deserve purplez with as little effort as possible." "I log in for 20 minutes a day, I deserve to progress through normal raid content as fast as people who invest 4+ hours." The fact is that you don't deserve shit. Get over it, snowflake.
    Hey it is better then the "I live with my mom and have no life, but gaming, so screw casuals". My bad I grew up and got a job and a sex life. This all started because that one guy claimed there were several builds for 3k single target dps without raid buffs and I clearly proved per the thread link that it was a complete and massive grind to meet those goals.

All I want them to do is drop Primeval Feast down to realistic levels, so that it can be pug'd before it becomes pointless to do. Requiring 3k plus dps from a random group of pugs is literally impossible to find and everyone who is 3k+ is on lock down because they only run it with their guilds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alrighty then. This thread is way beyond off topic now probably for the last 160 posts or so. The topic was: official 1.10 patch notes, now every time I come to this thread my IQ drops by one, I'm now foaming at the mouth and like a dog chasing it's tail in circles just like the conversation in this thread.

There is no hope in hell of this thread getting back on topic due to derailment.

RIP thread.