Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Nintendo stole the Bayonetta license?

I was one of the people who thought Bayonetta was a masterpiece, despite it's unpopularity. Come to find out today, it's finally about to get it's much deserved sequel....but

It is now a Wii U exclusive. It's quite obvious Nintendo has robbed the license to boost their new consoles popularity, but this is ridiculous. First Rayman, now this.

What do you guys think of this?

Lol, Bayonetta on a Wii U?

I guess no more hot chick killing stuff with style anymore. Wtf does Nintendo want with a +18 game?
    Not to mention that it'll probably look worse or the same as the first game ...

Bayonetta was unpopular? I thought it was good.

I think its a smart strategy on Nintendo's part to lock down exclusive titles, I mean look at the early days of the PS3. And if the WiiU is as graphically powerful as the claims lead you to believe then I for one am interested in seeing how a game that was very stylized looks on a new console.

---------- Post added 2012-09-14 at 12:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ysbag View Post
    Lol, Bayonetta on a Wii U?

I guess no more hot chick killing stuff with style anymore. Wtf does Nintendo want with a +18 game?
    They want their hardcore player base back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Confused... Stole? Or do you mean purchased the exclusive rights to it, something every console/company does.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Deleted
    Dey stole r bayonets!

But if you spend time and money to build up a certain image, some games just doesn't fit you anymore. And Bayonetta is sure as hell is one of those.
    Most would not care about a DMC game on the Wii U as well.

They'll have to pull out something pretty amazing for it to be remotely successful.

Haha...stole...that's funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stole? They offered money. Sega accepted. Sorry you're mad but imagine being a Kingdom Hearts fan!

...God damn essential story elements spread all over handhelds. Ridonkulous.

Guess a few more will be purchasing the Wii U then huh? Which is what Nintendo wants.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    Guess a few more will be purchasing the Wii U then huh? Which is what Nintendo wants.
    It just sucks when companies kill a series just to boost their console sales a little.
    I really don't see Bayonetta being big on the Wii U.

10+ Year Old Account
    But if you spend time and money to build up a certain image, some games just doesn't fit you anymore. And Bayonetta is sure as hell is one of those.
    Most would not care about a DMC game on the Wii U as well.

They'll have to pull out something pretty amazing for it to be remotely successful.
    It's a third party game, there have been M rated games on Nintendo consoles. Considering the demographic the Wii U is targeted towards, it will sell well enough.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

And we all know how awesome they all are. Last gen especially. ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Confused... Stole? Or do you mean purchased the exclusive rights to it, something every console/company does.
    Nope, it's Nintendo he's talking about. 'Stolen' was definitely the correct term.

It'd be like Super Mario suddenly appearing on the 360. Some games just belong on certain consoles (simply because the playerbase feels that way, thank you very much) and it's just outrageous to see them on others. There's also the fact that Nintendo's target audience has really been for the 17 and under crowd for...sheesh, ever. Now suddenly they're going to release an extremely mature game on their new system? You know, I can see parents getting more upset about this than anyone lol.
    Last edited by endersblade; 2012-09-14 at 07:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    Stole? They offered money. Sega accepted. Sorry you're mad but imagine being a Kingdom Hearts fan!

...God damn essential story elements spread all over handhelds. Ridonkulous.

You don't need to play the shitty filler KH games to understand the plot.

The original trilogy is all you need to play to grasp the plot, and they're all on the same console.
    Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts CoM, and Kingdom Hearts 2. All you need.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Nope, it's Nintendo he's talking about. 'Stolen' was definitely the correct term.

It'd be like Super Mario suddenly appearing on the 360. Some games just belong on certain consoles (simply because the playerbase feels that way, thank you very much) and it's just outrageous to see them on others. There's also the fact that Nintendo's target audience has really been for the 17 and under crowd for...sheesh, ever. Now suddenly they're going to release an extremely mature game on their new system? You know, I can see parents getting more upset about this than anyone lol.
    It's a third party game, there have been M rated games on Nintendo consoles. It's a third party game, there have been M rated games on Nintendo consoles. It's a third party game, there have been M rated games on Nintendo consoles. It's a third party game, there have been M rated games on Nintendo consoles. It's a third party game, there have been M rated games on Nintendo consoles.

Fucking Manhunt 2 was on the Wii, why are people this shocked.

This is Nintendo's attempt to cater to both player bases. It's going to fail, miserably, but it makes sense for them now.
    Last edited by Irony; 2012-09-14 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    You don't need to play the shitty filler KH games to understand the plot.

The original trilogy is all you need to play to grasp the plot, and they're all on the same console.
    Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts CoM, and Kingdom Hearts 2. All you need.
    Well, Birth by Sleep on the PSP explains a great chunk of the plot and is an awesome games, and is probably the interlude to the KHIII game if it'll ever come out.
    If you don't have a PSP you miss out big time here. The rest of the spin-offs are pretty meh.

It wouldn't exist if Nintendo didn't buy it, you should be grateful instead of bitching.

I was one of the people who thought Bayonetta was a masterpiece, despite it's unpopularity. Come to find out today, it's finally about to get it's much deserved sequel....but

It is now a Wii U exclusive. It's quite obvious Nintendo has robbed the license to boost their new consoles popularity, but this is ridiculous. First Rayman, now this.

What do you guys think of this?
    Nintendo SAVED the Bayonetta license.

If Nintendo hadn't stepped in it would have been Canned like the majority of sega IP's last year...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post

They just recently released a Metal Gear Solid HD Pack for PS3 AND the Xbox 360, while Metal gear was PS exclusive since the PSX. Final Fantasy was PS exclusive aswell until FF 13 (well ok, there was Crystal Chronicles on the Gamecube, but i mean the "main" parts now, the ones with the numbers, yaknow ^^). So imo it's nothing new at all that 3rd party games get released on other consoles or even exclusively on other consoles, like in this case.

And as for the "Nintendo suddenly got a 18+ game series, wtf?" argument... they bought the whole Resident Evil Franchise for the Gamecube and released the RE1 remake, RE Zero and RE 4 for Gamecube exclusively (Re 4 was just such a success that it got released on other consoles afterwards), plus they re-released RE2 and RE3 for the gamecube aswell, so this is nothing new either.

I surely can understand people that might be pissed by that though, I've experienced that aswell, but this risk is just always imminent with 3rd party games, especially if a new console generation is about to launch.

Well, Birth by Sleep on the PSP explains a great chunk of the plot and is an awesome games, and is probably the interlude to the KHIII game if it'll ever come out.
    If you don't have a PSP you miss out big time here. The rest of the spin-offs are pretty meh.
    1. CoM is the most important filler game. Trying to play KH1 straight to KH2 will leave you boggled and upset.
    2. DDD is as of now, the second most important because it leads to KH3, but we don't know if it's gonna be as relevant as COM.
    3. BBS is alright, but it's not really necessary to understand the plot (until KH3)
    4. 358/2 Days is worthless, because they write out the plot at the climax.
    5. KHDS sucks monkey cock. All that needs to be said.

1. CoM is the most important filler game. Trying to play KH1 straight to KH2 will leave you boggled and upset.
    2. DDD is as of now, the second most important because it leads to KH3, but we don't know if it's gonna be as relevant as COM.
    3. BBS is alright, but it's not really necessary to understand the plot (until KH3)
    4. 358/2 Days is worthless, because they write out the plot at the climax.
    5. KHDS sucks monkey cock. All that needs to be said.
    You're reasoning is weird.
    How is BBS not needed to understand the plot for example? The plot extends beyond what is shown and talked about in KH I and II. And to understand it properly you prolly need to play every game and that is what really sucks about the games being spread over all the platforms.