High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Warrior MOP: Arms or Fury?

1. Hella, guys, I consider myself as a fury fan so if at Cata fury had almost nothing to offer at arena but in MoP there gonna be difference in damage output only, so my question is do you think fury warrs will be any viable at MoP on arena? Cause with the same gear arms does considerably more dmg on a dummy despite titan grip and so on, why so?

2. A thing Ive noticed - in malevolent 2 hand weapons description there is a string near PvP power stat - "unique"...does it mean wearing 2 2 hand swords/axes wotn give double benefit from pvp power stat on em?

3. Is it a bug - as fury if you gear spell reflect shield via cast (or shield wall), you can immidiately gear off hand weapon again and Reflect/Swall buff doesnt dissaper, is it intended? Would be nice if it is

Share ur opinions, I rly find arms boring, just fury..is much more attractive to play

Deleted
    fury doesn't crit enough imo, i tried it out... didn't like it either, rerolling monk because Warriors just get worse & worse every expansion.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just dont see where Fury can compete with Arms, fury mastery is just a joke, crit activated even tho Bloodthirst crit is doubled, Amrs passive Seasoned Soldier provides 25% to ALL melee dmg (including yellow damage) that equals to 25% fury mastery, while fury passive gives some nothing on white damage, if to compare most usable attacks to each other then Arms wins again:

RBlow hits harder then Slam (but not much) but Rblow is BT/CS crit dependant ability,
    Mortal hits more then BT
    Wild strike dmg is uncomparable to Overpower simple due to Overpower 60% base crit

Not to mention Colossus usable much more often in Arms + Fury dependant on more stats then Arms, crit-mastery and increased hit for white damage.
    Where am I mistaken in my thought about Arms dominating Fury? I described all above from my pvp impressions and someway from dummy torturing

Deleted
    Arms is the only way forward, shame really!

Fury has always/will always be the way to go.

Arms saw daylight for cleaving and extra rage income on select fights for ds and ultraxion.

At the end of the day its always going to be a slew of bad warriors (player/class/human) not knowing what they are talking about, just like this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageworks View Post
    Fury has always/will always be the way to go.

Arms saw daylight for cleaving and extra rage income on select fights for ds and ultraxion.

At the end of the day its always going to be a slew of bad warriors (player/class/human) not knowing what they are talking about, just like this thread.
    Considering this is a PvP thread, I'd say that you are the one that doesn't know what you're talking about. Though even on the PvE side of things, Arms was superior to Fury in all fights in DS other than prenerf Spine.

you might see fury viable in later seasons, not while secondary stats are low tho

Quote Originally Posted by Evida View Post
    1. Hella, guys, I consider myself as a fury fan so if at Cata fury had almost nothing to offer at arena but in MoP there gonna be difference in damage output only, so my question is do you think fury warrs will be any viable at MoP on arena? Cause with the same gear arms does considerably more dmg on a dummy despite titan grip and so on, why so?

2. A thing Ive noticed - in malevolent 2 hand weapons description there is a string near PvP power stat - "unique"...does it mean wearing 2 2 hand swords/axes wotn give double benefit from pvp power stat on em?

3. Is it a bug - as fury if you gear spell reflect shield via cast (or shield wall), you can immidiately gear off hand weapon again and Reflect/Swall buff doesnt dissaper, is it intended? Would be nice if it is

Share ur opinions, I rly find arms boring, just fury..is much more attractive to play

1. i doubt fury will be any good. no, arms does not do 'considerably' more dps on a dummy.

2. dunno, maybe

3. i don't know if it's a bug, but it's been like this for a while.

fury still suffers from the same disadvantages it had pre-5.0. white hit cap is much higher for dual wield (not that you would aim to cap, but you will get a lot of misses, arms doesnt). BT hits for very, very little. RB hits hard, but it's proc is fairly random, and you can't really use serker rage to force them, if you need it to break CC. OP always lands, and getting dodged gives you more OPs. OP is very good. if fury gets BT or RB dodged or parried, you get nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    fury will probably be fine for funsies in bgs, may even work out in rbgs. But I would not count on it being one of the most competitive specs.

Arms has been the mainstay PvP spec of the class for a while, probably best to just stick with that and see how Fury is working for other players later.