Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Frasier and Seinfeld for sure. Then I dunno, maybe Scrubs.

Deleted
    OH my god. I love so many of you guys here. so many with friends and scrubs:P
    Scrubs
    Friends
    Big bang teory

Deleted
    1. Friends
    2. My family
    3. Two men and a Half (pre Charlie Sheen leaving)

Actually the only 3 sitcoms I ever watched.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some old school ones that are good (IMO of course)

The Honeymooners
    Sanford and Son
    All in the Family (Archie Bunker FTW)

Some new ones I enjoy

Wilfred
    Breaking Bad
    Weeds
    Just because I don't care does'nt mean I don't understand

I know the voices in my head are not real BUT they have some REALLY good ideas

10+ Year Old Account
    Arrested Development
    Seinfeld
    The Simpsons
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Seinfeld, Frasier, and the Cosby Show.

I think for most minority kids growing up in the 80s, the Cosby Show was one of the most influential sitcoms of all times. I don't know if it's subculture-specific, but yeah.

I'd also put in nods for 30 Rock, Community, Always Sunny, Arrested Development. I prefer absurdist to realistic sitcoms, the obvious exception being the Cosby Show above. And yes, I do consider Frasier to be absurdist.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2013-06-06 at 06:57 AM. Reason: exception not example

Quote Originally Posted by Cantheal View Post
    Some old school ones that are good (IMO of course)

The Honeymooners
    Sanford and Son
    All in the Family (Archie Bunker FTW)

Some new ones I enjoy

Wilfred
    Breaking Bad
    Weeds
    Okay, the first 3 I'm following, but then the second 3, and I'm like wait, what? Breaking Bad is NOT a sitcom. I'm not totally familiar with Weeds, but from what little I know of it, it's not either.

Seinfeld
    Frasier
    Friends

One really can't overstate how superior Seinfeld is to any sitcom ever made. The writing is sublime and so far above anything ever written in the sitcom genre.

And there seems to be alot of misunderstandings as to what a sitcom is in this thread, Breaking Bad and Firefly aren't sitcoms people

Deleted
    Seinfeld
    Frasier
    Drew Carey Show

Nothing comes close to these shows.

10+ Year Old Account
    1: Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
    2: Big Bang Theory
    3: Cheers

1.Black Books
    2.Louie
    3.Lucky Louie

Deleted
    Scrubs
    Friends
    Arrested Development

Deleted
    1. Friends
    2. Scrubs
    3. The Big Band Theory

In my opinion, Friends was just the perfect sitcom with the perfect casting for a sitcom. I think I've watched all episodes 3 times now and I'm considering watching it all for a 4th time.

I see that a lot of people here are listing Seinfield. I've considered watching it myself since I've only heard good things about the show, believe it or not, but I have actually never seen a single episode of Seinfield, guess I've been missing out on something great.

Seinfield like 5 times over

Then Home Improvement

and Maybe Scrubs

If you include Animated Then I think Simpsons is tied with Seinfeld.

---------- Post added 2013-06-06 at 06:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    Seinfeld and How I Met Your Mother share a second place, but Friends is the ultimate sitcom of all time.
    Thats funny because Seinfeld was actually voted the best Sitcom ever soooo.....yaaaaa

10+ Year Old Account
    My top 3:

Married... With Children
    Seinfeld
    There are too many ties for 3rd, I won't even bother listing any.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Seinfeld, Frasier, and the Cosby Show.

I think for most minority kids growing up in the 80s, the Cosby Show was one of the most influential sitcoms of all times. I don't know if it's subculture-specific, but yeah.

I'd also put in nods for 30 Rock, Community, Always Sunny, Arrested Development. I prefer absurdist to realistic sitcoms, the obvious exception being the Cosby Show above. And yes, I do consider Frasier to be absurdist.
    What made the Cosby show great is that it wasn't a black comedy in the same way most black comedies were. Nobody in the show really acted stereotypically black. The Cosby family in the show lived in a nice home, nice neighbourhood, and everything. I suppose that is what it was though. As a minority myself, I never really paid attention to that as my family was quite well off.

Deleted
    1.Friends
    2.Seinfeld
    3.That 70s Show

Honorable mentions: The War at Home, Married with Children, MASH, Everybody loves Raymond, Newsradio, Taxi, Two and a half men, How I met your mother. There are many more I enjoyed, but I cannot remember any more right now . I could never get into the Big Bang Theory though, I just dont find it that funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevegasm View Post

What made the Cosby show great is that it wasn't a black comedy in the same way most black comedies were. Nobody in the show really acted stereotypically black. The Cosby family in the show lived in a nice home, nice neighbourhood, and everything. I suppose that is what it was though. As a minority myself, I never really paid attention to that as my family was quite well off.
    I'm just saying, growing up as a poor minority, it was nice to see, especially after the years of Sanford and Son and Good Times.

10+ Year Old Account
    il be that guy, i watch tons and tons of sitcoms nearly everyone named here ive seen, but i DO NOT LIKE FRIENDS AT ALL! so boring and dull although i give props the opening always made me clap along.

the cosby show i like but def not the best, there is like no story ever in any episode
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Only Fools and Horses
    Blackadder
    Two and half men (charlie sheen's era)

also Red Dwarf, Young ones and Bottom
    Last edited by firechancer; 2013-06-06 at 07:24 PM.
    'I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.' Alex ferguson