Deleted

What are Priests like at the moment?

Hey,

How are Priests at the moment, and going to be in Mists of Pandaria? Is this damage alright or? :P

Cheers.

Deleted
    Shadow is very easy and straightforward now. Nothing really difficult. And the skill to damage ratio is really high too.

Do you read the forum at all or just pop in once a month to ask a question? Just curious

---------- Post added 2012-09-12 at 06:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Shadow is very easy and straightforward now. Nothing really difficult. And the skill to damage ratio is really high too.
    Every class is easy and doesn't have anything "real difficult".

It's the matter of direction. Some classes became easier. Some classes became more fluid. Some classes became more complicated.
    We've just lost fluidity and complexity in favor of... well, not in favor of anything in particular, to be honest.

I don't find skill to damage ratio high really. There isn't much space to differ good shadowpriests from amazing ones. As always, there is some space to differ good ones from bad ones, but that applies even for arcane mages.

Deleted
    (Yeay First Post ever )

IMO Shadow is fine on Beta, the only thing i don't really like are the LvL 90 Talents as Shadow, as Holy they are "somewhat" useful.

Not to mention, Voidshift, the new lvl 87 Spell is really, really funny as Shadow, Holy and Discipline, as you can swap Health percentages and recue the Tank from death.

The Selfheal, with Vampiric Embrace up, is so unreal atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl4s3 View Post
    IMO Shadow is fine on Beta, the only thing i don't really like are the LvL 90 Talents as Shadow, as Holy they are "somewhat" useful.
    Lvl90 talents have their shadow versions similar to the previous tiers. However, they do not differ much - just an animation change and shadow school to apply shadowform bonuses.
    Now, talking about the 'useful' part. In ideal single target situation you'd want to pick Halo, which is best DPET of all of them, and is generally the worst pick for a healer. If used properly, it is nice. Not big, but nice nevertheless. Others are situational for scattered aoe or stacked aoe, the same goes for healing.

Deleted
    Wait, you would really choose Halo over Divine Star on Single Target? Is it really supperior at maxrange with dps?

I'm normally playing Holy and Divine Star is the obvious choice, since the Manapool, CD and HPS.

I would have thought the same if i were Shadow.

I'll have to reread some things...

EDIT: Sry but I never read "DPET", could DPET mean: "Damage per each Target" ?

Damage per execution time. Synonymous with DPSC - damage per second casted.

Deleted
    Celentes: You were exactly right, thanks for pointing that out.

yurano: Thanks a bunch.

Wait, you would really choose Halo over Divine Star on Single Target? Is it really supperior at maxrange with dps?

I'm normally playing Holy and Divine Star is the obvious choice, since the Manapool, CD and HPS.

I would have thought the same if i were Shadow.

I'll have to reread some things...

Damage per execute time.
    Divine star can be good for stacked aoe like on hc ragnaros p2. But other than that, for single target the damage per global minus alternative value (DPET of mind flay) is the highest for halo, the lower cd on divine star does not offset it enough.

Actually, does anyone have any data on whether using shadow star on single target is a dps increase comparing to mindflay?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post
    Against 1 target - even scoring two hits - Dark Star barely outweighs the damage Mind Flay would do in that time.
    Hope it helped.

Oh, there goes me not really reading through guides anymore :/

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really enjoying shadow right now.

Mid-way through Cata I had stopped DPSing on my priest and stuck with healing. However with the changes I've been really enjoying shadow.

It's not that shadow was bad but more because I was bad at it. The slow ramp up and the constant watching for procs and timers felt boring, which ended up with me showing pitiful numbers in dungeons. Should I have worried about my DPS on trash mobs that died too quickly, admittedly no but my ego didn't enjoy it (although I never brag about my DPS or post counts, topping recount is still the most satisfying thing to me when I dps).

Currently spec’d in FDCL and DI (even if DI isn’t the best option) which has been fun (I enjoy proc based DPS as it keeps you on your toes), plus I make a great deal of use from Body & Soul, which I find really easy since I have PWS on an easy to reach keybind.

I sort of wish Mind Sear was a little better but we can't have everything, just looking forward to testing out the lvl 90 talents.